Latendresse-Plekanec-Kostopoulos

Begin-Smolinski-Dandenault

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Bouillon-Streit

Scratches: Gorges, Chipchura, Murray

source: habsinsideout.com

:hlogo:

WHAT ?!!! Dandenault NO WAY !!! but doesn't matter, first 2 lines will score 5 goals tonight ^_^

I can't wait for the puck to drop tonight. A big key to the Habs offence tonight will be their speed. If they can apply a lot of high tempo pressure on the Hurricanes defence in their own zone, then they stand an excellent chance to capitalize on the turnovers.

I have to wonder though if Price will get one of the starts during the first three road games? One could argue that it would be worthwhile to start his first NHL game on the road, rather than doing it at home.

Edited by habscout

I can't wait for the puck to drop tonight. A big key to the Habs offence tonight will be their speed. If they can apply a lot of high tempo pressure on the Hurricanes defence in their own zone, then they stand an excellent chance to capitalize on the turnovers.

I have to wonder though if Price will get one of the starts during the first three road games? One could argue that it would be worthwhile to start his first NHL game on the road, rather than doing it at home.

I think he will get a start in the first 3 games. But these games are played in 10 days, so... we'll see. But i think it would be a good thing for Price not getting his first carreer start at home. Much less pressure.

Game 5? I doubt he will start against the Leafs or Pens right now.

His first start should come on the road against the weakest opponent possible. It's crucial to get his confidence up right away.

Tonights starting lineup:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Kovalev-Grabovski-Kostitsyn

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Bouillon-Streit

:puke:

always have to got the safe route eh?

goddamn, Smokes was looking good on that 3rd line and so was Chip on the 4th... now they wrecked it all by going "safe"

I don't understand why Chipper's not playing tonight... Gorges too, but I've just gotten used to that poor kid getting ignored.

Maybe it's a showcase for a "Dandy" trade.

There is no way he deserves to play over Chips

Maybe it's a showcase for a "Dandy" trade.

There is no way he deserves to play over Chips

Agreed. The showcasing begin, where's Bob Barker when you need him. :)

Tonights starting lineup:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Kovalev-Grabovski-Kostitsyn

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Bouillon-Streit

You can't be serious. Playing Dandenault at forward over Chipchura. I guess they're letting Dandy make a final case for himself before they dump him. I don't think Carbonneau is that dumb that he would let Chipchura ride the bench for more than a couple of games.

As for showcasing, I doubt Dandenault is going to make himself look any better by being our 4th line RW.

Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to the Montreal Canadiens and more specifically what has happened to the once glorious Montreal Canadiens. Will they make the playoffs - possibly, but if they do it's going to be another year of those eighth place dances of death that have become so popular in Montreal in recent years. What's the problem, well in a word - talent. Look at the roster that Montreal will ice against Carolina on Wednesday and is there one player in the top 100 of the National Hockey League, probably one - defenceman Andrei Markov. The Canadiens are just not good enough and when Montreal is not good enough the NHL is a poorer place.

I don't understand why Chipper's not playing tonight... Gorges too, but I've just gotten used to that poor kid getting ignored.

Muller today said he was playing because the Canes have a veteran team

And Carbonneau said he is playing becuase of Brisbeios injury concerns.

Muller today said he was playing because the Canes have a veteran team

And Carbonneau said he is playing becuase of Brisbeios injury concerns.

The Veteran team argument doesn't really hold up, bc so what? Does pittsburgh bench their kids if they're playing the Canes? Of course, Pittsburgh's kids are more talented than ours, but ours won't get any better without playing, and that's not really the point anyway.

If there are Brisebois injury concerns, Gorges would be just as useful. My point is that at the end of the day, you have a choice to play the kids with more upside, or the vets who are mediocre. There's always the choice, and htey chose the vets. I HOPE this is a showcase and nothing more.

Thinking about the lineup i knew Murray would be out, expected unfortunately Gorges to be out, and hoped to see Chips, but not surprised to see Dandy in the lineup, although i might rather see him with Begin and Kotsop, on the 4th line. Not sure how much i like Pleks with Lats as well as Kots, rather have smokes there. With Brisebois making a return to the lineup, it is not unreasonable to have Dandy in there for backup. Rather see Dandy on D-sparingly and have Lats Pleks Smokes. double shift Kovy or maybe Higgins with Begin and Kots on the 4th line if Dandy is moved back.

Anyways hoping for a great start tonite.

Go Habs Go.

i'm all pumped up for this! I got my HD terminal active just in time for this game baby :hlogo:

HDTV - check

Cold beer - check

Hot pizza - check

A win - Remains to be seen

I can hardly wait!

My prediction : Habs 3-1

Plekanec , Higgins , Streit

Cole

The Veteran team argument doesn't really hold up, bc so what? Does pittsburgh bench their kids if they're playing the Canes? Of course, Pittsburgh's kids are more talented than ours, but ours won't get any better without playing, and that's not really the point anyway.

If there are Brisebois injury concerns, Gorges would be just as useful. My point is that at the end of the day, you have a choice to play the kids with more upside, or the vets who are mediocre. There's always the choice, and htey chose the vets. I HOPE this is a showcase and nothing more.

Well that is how you see it. Clearly the Canadiens do not.

It makes sense to dress 7 defense when one is fresh off injury and double shift a deserving forward.

I wish Chipchura was playing tonight as well though I hate Dandy.

There is an article in the Gazette saying that Carolina officials are trying to get tonights game picked up by Center Ice, because the game isn't being covered by any stations down there.

Just wondering if anyone has heard if they were successfull?

NHL Center Ice Online is still showing the game as being blacked out, I wonder if this will change? Wasn't the last pre season game against the Sens supposed to be blacked out on center ice as well? I thought I remembered seeing blacked out next to that game a few days before it was played, but they ended up showing it.

There is an article in the Gazette saying that Carolina officials are trying to get tonights game picked up by Center Ice, because the game isn't being covered by any stations down there.

Just wondering if anyone has heard if they were successfull?

NHL Center Ice Online is still showing the game as being blacked out, I wonder if this will change? Wasn't the last pre season game against the Sens supposed to be blacked out on center ice as well? I thought I remembered seeing blacked out next to that game a few days before it was played, but they ended up showing it.

Well RDS will be what you see on centre ice if it is not blacked out in your area.