Plekanec as the 2nd line centre, Chipchura on the third

markierung

In my opinion, i think plekanec should be on the second line instead of Grabovski. I like Grabs but i don't think he's ready yet. I think chipchura or Smolinski could take plekanec's role on the third. It would add some size to the checking line.

I was really surprised to see kostopoulous on the third. The guy has nothing offensively. If they keep the lines the way they are, i think Chips would add more offense next to Plekanec than Koutopoulous would.

In my opinion, i think plekanec should be on the second line instead of Grabovski. I like Grabs but i don't think he's ready yet. I think chipchura or Smolinski could take plekanec's role on the third. It would add some size to the checking line.

I was really surprised to see kostopoulous on the third. The guy has nothing offensively. If they keep the lines the way they are, i think Chips would add more offense next to Plekanec than Koutopoulous would.

Submit your CV to replace Carbo as coach! ^_^

I'm sure there will be some line shifting over the first few weeks as the lines solidify. Keep watching!

the kid didnt play that bad really, you guys are harsh for a first nhl game...

I personally like the gamble...

I would more throw back Kosopoulos on 4th and put Smolinski on 3rd as a winger...that would give Plek more options than having Slow ass latendresse who cannot bring a puck thru a neutral zone ...

Edited by Partisan

Wow guys!!! Am I the only one who REALLY liked what he saw from Kovy-Grabs-#### line yesterday ??? It was spectacular. Speed, moves, no real defensive lack. Let's keep Grabovski on the 2nd line for a much better show than ever in the last 3 years.

Well, Pleks got more ice time then anyone else up front, so the real problem is his line mates. I want Kovalev to get lots of ice time, so either we roll 3 lines fairly evenly, or they have to eventually pick 6 players to get the bulk of the ice time.

I don't see Lats on the top two lines right now. Not until he steps it up some.

My wish for this season is to make the 4th line as our checking one. 1rst and 2nd off and 3rd off/def with the 4rth as the cheking line would be PERFECT.

That is why i wonder why Kostopoulos didn't play with Bégin and Chipchura on the 4th and Smolinski with Plex and Lats on the 3rd. Dandy is useless on this team until someone get injured.

Carbo said Dandy was in to see if Brisbois was ok to play a full game. If you guys remember Lats Pleks and Kostopolous scored and looked good when they were togehter during pre season. . Pleks struggled alot with Kovalev as do may i might add. I have no problem with them split apart.

People shouldn't get all caught up in what line a number gets. Pleks, Lats will put up points, it's only been one game.

Smoke to Kovy and Kosty against bigger teams and Chipchura in makes the team, bigger tougher and more responsible in there own end.

Atleast they finally have some options

The second and third lines will need time to get their act together. Chipchura should be centering the fourth line though.

The best possible lineup is the following.

Kovalev Koivu Ryder

Higgins Plek Kost

Lats Smokes Lapierre

Begin Chip Kostopoulos

Actually, although this discussion is fun, I primarily want Carbo to leave the damn lines alone long enough for them to develop chemistry. Then fix if required. :)

Edited by brobin

Guys, you should watch the game on HD, Grabovski was nice. Give him 1 week and he'll be great ! Did you see how Kovy and Kostitsyn were hot ?

Yeah, I definitely agree with Joe's posts. Not only that, it's only one game so there's not really any need to jump to anything as of yet. Give them a good 5-10 games together at least. Kovalev seems to actually be playing pretty well with the two kids in all honesty. Give it time and I'm fairly confident that line can workout well. Don't give it time and pull a samsonov.

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

Plelanec IMO looked invisible last night. I actually like Grabovsky more than him. Kostitsyn was also more invisible than Grabs. It's just one game, pretty early to make judgements on that.

Plelanec IMO looked invisible last night. I actually like Grabovsky more than him. Kostitsyn was also more invisible than Grabs. It's just one game, pretty early to make judgements on that.

Yeah, I agree. Kosty was our worst player last night. If this line doesn't work we may have to go back to the Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn line. OR Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn. The thing is that Ryder doesn't seem to work with anyone other than Koivu.

I don't want to see Plex and Kovy on the same line. They both seem to play better apart.

Hey Cataclaw, I LOVE the signature.

Can you tell me how to make em'? What program do you use? If it's okay could you send me an email.

Plekanec needs some speed on his line, so one of Lats or Kostopo needs to go. I like Smoke on his wing, and if the idea behind dressing Dandy over Chipchura was as insurance on D than I hope that they go to:

Lats-Plex-Smoke

Begin-Chip-Kostopo

Plex was good last night, just no one could skate with him. He and Kostopolous had good nights when they were in more 1 on 1 situations, but there was nothing happening as a unit because Plex couldn't operate at full speed without going solo.

They should adjust the line up to who we are playing next, not the we won we don't change a thing.

In a game against Toronto Chipchura would be more valuable than Dandenault playing the fouth line.

And Smolinski on LW would be a more appropriate choice than Kostopolos with Plek and Latendresse .

And for the Kovy Grab #### line. It should be kept together even with the next game against Toronto. Let them time, #### will may stop playing back to cover his line mate defensively.

If so he should be moved elsewhere we cannot afford not having #### used as a offensive weapon. If Kovalev give ups always needs a defense oriented to cover him it should be a more defensive guy to play with him even if Mister Kovalev doesn't like it.