Game Thread | Montreal vs. Toronto| 10/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either throw it into the corner or don't play it at all

Exactly. Huet frightens me when he wanders. He's so damn solid in all other areas, though.

Dandy looks good as a forward.

Every time Plekanec is on the ice, good things happen. Is he the MVP of this team this year?

Not sold on Grabovski and Kostitsyn as a 2nd line.... man it's early in the season to be upset about line combos.

Basically team looks really solid except for the occasional Breezy giveaway, Grabs/####, and Latendresse.

A solid period by our boys, and I feel that we've still got more in the tank. Let's score early and extinguish all chance of a TO comeback! Huet has been playing great.

either throw it into the corner or don't play it at all

Yep. Huet is as mistake prone as Brisebois at handling the puck. Some notes I noticed from the first two periods:

-Keep up the good work Kovalev. As I said after last game, if you go on like this you'll be a point a game player - yet this is only a fraction of your best.

-Kostitsyn isn't been doing so well aside for the goal (which Kovalev did all the work on anyway).

-I'm liking Brisebois, having him as the RD on the second pairing was a good decision because Hamrlik's definitely showing that he's strong defensively.

-Ryder needs to stop stickhandling so much but he's throwing his body around a lot, which is nice.

-Plekanec is establishing himself as a #2 center. Yes, he's on the third line but he's contributing offensively as well as being our shutdown center. One of our top threats at even strength.

-I'm not exactly sure what to think of Grabovski. I expected a fragile yet creative offensive force; so far he's done more solid bodychecking than he's done stickhandling.

-Kostopoulos seems to be working hard. It's all we can ask of him.

Our defence really needs work. Lots of mistakes and giveaways, including Markov.

Let's hope the team can come back, but this is playing out like most leaf / habs games, with the Leafs blowing them out in the third.

Should be some dumb penalties coming up to get the Leafs on the PP for the winner... wait for it. .... :(

I wish Komo would stop trying to get revenge on Sundin and play defense. I have counted about 5 times where he is looked stupid defensively because he is trying to hit sundin.... grr... he is going to get suckered into a huge mistake if he keeps it up

I wish Komo would stop trying to get revenge on Sundin and play defense. I have counted about 5 times where he is looked stupid defensively because he is trying to hit sundin.... grr... he is going to get suckered into a huge mistake if he keeps it up

he wants to kick his a$$ and I for one wish he would! but what the heck let s play hockey :hlogo: :lol:

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

We better start seeing a lot of Plekanec, Kovalev, Koivu and Higgins in the final stages of this game (and overtime, if there is any). Markov, Komisarek and Hamrlik (not Brisebois!) shoulkd be on on defence. It's time to start shortening the bench.