A trade has to be brewing.

markierung

i think that there will definetly be a trade coming very soon. The organization is overlaoded with players that have similar capabilities.

- 2 NHL Backup quality galtenders in Hamilton (Danis, Halak)

- 1 AHL ready gaolie in the ECHL (Desjardins)

- 8 defensemen with the team (one of them playing forward very unspectacularily)

- 5 fourth line grinders that can all play in the NHL (Begin, Lapierre, Chips. Kostopoulous, Murray)

I think Chips has much more potential and that he deserves to start. I also think that a fire hydrant on skates would be more useful than dandenault on offense.

The system has to be unclogged if the younger defensemen, goalies and fourth liners are to develop properly.

you could also add so many pendinG UFAs at t he end of the season

ryder

huet

smolinski(no trade clause)

streit( althought not sure about him)

I don't think there'll be a major move but small trades freeing cap room could be good as well.

Dandenault's been pretty effective in tonights Habs-Laffs game; in fact he has the game's first goal.

I don't disagree necessarily with what you're saying, but don't knock Dandi too much, give him a chance. He's a vet with decent experience. I'd take him over Garth Murray..

I could see a trade involving Halak.

But here is what I have a bet on:

Huet to Philly...

Philly is a powerhouse with a garbage Goalie (biron) and Huet would make them, contenders for Lord's stanley.

But I don't know what Gainey wants with trades, draft picks? Offence? Star power??

I don't think Gainey would trade Huet to a team that could take his playoff spot. He's not trading Huet at all though, that I can guarantee, it would be just about as unGaineyish as you can get.

I don't think Gainey would trade Huet to a team that could take his playoff spot. He's not trading Huet at all though, that I can guarantee, it would be just about as unGaineyish as you can get.

Many teams could use a good goalie to make the playoffs (especially if one gets injured), but I agree that is unGaineyish.

Many teams could use a good goalie to make the playoffs (especially if one gets injured), but I agree that is unGaineyish.

hehe I invented a word.

And I meant he could trade him to a team in the West - but Philly is competing with us for an Eastern playoff spot so it's best not to give them what they need most.

Trade Huet and Price turns out to be a dud then what? We've just hobbled our team for years. No, we need to make a package like....

- Ryder

- Boullion

- Halak

And get a real impact forward.

This will only happen if we have a ligit shot at Lord's Stanley and we need the extra offence.

I doubt we will land a nig name this year, but maybe in the offseason.

On an unrelated note, did anybody notice that Gainey could not remember Aebischer's name in that interview with Ron MacLean on HNIC? :lol: He ended up by just saying, '...the other goalie we had...'

On an unrelated note, did anybody notice that Gainey could not remember Aebischer's name in that interview with Ron MacLean on HNIC? :lol: He ended up by just saying, '...the other goalie we had...'

Yeah I did LOL!!!

Ron had to say Aebischer for him, priceless.

"The battle this year for goaltending is much like last year's situation with Huet and... uhh.... the other goalie..."

- Gainey

I a future trade, he should adress team toughness. yesterday two teamates were fouled by leafs right in front of ryder who skated by trying not to get noticed.

how can we let a guy like sundin destroy komisarek's face and punching markov in the face ??

come on, Habs, wake up and smell the coffee.

and now they're going to tell thats it's the best group of guys the played with...bullshit.

the only one who stood ofr a teammate was kostopoulos when komisarek was about to drop gloves even with a borken face. good job Kosto, you earned alot of respect from me :clap:

we have too many goalies and too many defencemen, we need offence, you all think gainey loaded up all these guys cause he likes them? It is far more likely that he has an arsenal of fodder to throw in on a trade. The only thing I can think of that would be ungaineyish would be telling us what he is going to do. He knows just like we do what he has and what he needs, lets remember Bob kept Price up not Carbo. I think Bob is the most involved GM in day to day decisions in the league.We wil have a major trade by xmas.

I think Bob is the most involved GM in day to day decisions in the league.We wil have a major trade by xmas.

how many major trades has bob gainay do in his career??

another question : what is a major trade ??

Heheh... on Boone's blog, he thought it was Halak's name Gainey forgot.

how many major trades has bob gainay do in his career??

another question : what is a major trade ??

i would say trading iginla for newendyke is major. I would say trading theodore was major. I would say we are going to trade 3 for 1 or 2 1 being a lot of offence. btw imho :lol:

i would say trading iginla for newendyke is major. I would say trading theodore was major. I would say we are going to trade 3 for 1 or 2 1 being a lot of offence. btw imho :lol:

While that Nieuwendyck trade looks awful in retrospect, it helped Dallas win its Cup. And it's also instructive because, contrary to Craig Rivet's recent assertions, it shows that Bob is NOT unwilling to pull the trigger on a major, high-risk deal giving up young talent - IF he thinks his team is in need of that extra piece for a championship. I think the biggest reason for Bob's caution in Montreal is that he realizes that we're more than one player away - hence, you patiently develop the youth until you're in that position.

But I still think he should have moved Souray for one more good young player.

There will be no move, unless Carbo let Gorges and Chipchura proove that they can do the job.

Right now nothing has been done except trying to please Kovalev by keeping AK46 with him, we

have no grit because we don't use our players right.

We will not move defensemen because nobody has value.

Both Bouillon and Dandenouille would clear waivers if we made them free.

Unfortunately we can't buy back nobodyanymore.