Maxim Lapierre

nhfarber

Looks like he had two goals and an assist in the Bulldogs season opening win tonight. Great to see that the demotion hasn't affected his play. Hopefully he can use that as motivational fire to get him back in the NHL soon. I really feel like we could've used his grit Saturday night against the Leafs.

D'Agostini also had a goal and little Kostitsyn got his first professional point with an assist.

edit: wow I spelt Lapierre's name wrong in the thread title... I think it's bedtime :P

Send Latendresse down, get Lapierre up against Pittsburg.

Latendresse has to get a scoring groove back and a kick in the butt.

Lapierre can get under Crosby skin and drive him crazy.

I think they'll probably try juggling the lines with the guys who are already in Montreal before they recall Lappy (inserting Chipper, etc) but I still hope he gets a call up in the next few weeks at the latest. I think he's a good player and he just needed to get on a roll, and Hamilton was a good place for that... Lats really does need to pick it up though, but they'll probably scratch him in Mtl before they send him down.

Christmast ?

Way too long, he is gonna be here way before that.

Grabovski has shown nothing yet, Latendresse too.

They are both on the way to go down if they don't do something

productive on the ice.

For people who think Latendresse cannot be sent down, look elsewhere in the league many first rounder were sent back this year. The problem is the same in his head, he think he is NHL er but has proove nothing yet, he has to realize that he has to fight his way to get a job.

And his way is using his body to create scoring chances. If he doesn't do that, he is useless.

Chipchura is waiting for a chance, so does Lapierre.

with 8pts in 3 gms Lapierre's showing that he doesnt belong in the AHL. when he's called back, he'll have to show that he really belongs in the NHL. to me he looks like the perfect 3rd line winger.

We should have Laps back asap. I think that he has made his point, and as others have pointed out, that other current members of the habs could use a little conditioning stint as a dominant player on the Bulldogs roster.

with 8pts in 3 gms Lapierre's showing that he doesnt belong in the AHL. when he's called back, he'll have to show that he really belongs in the NHL. to me he looks like the perfect 3rd line winger.

He's already proven he belongs in the NHL. They will reverse their decision to keep Grabovski within 20 games, I say.

I firmly believe Lapierre will replace Grabovski, not Latendresse.

Although Latendresse has an awful start, his 3rd game showed slight improvement and his 4th more improvement still. If Lats was playing poorly and stagnating, he would be receiving considerably more pressure. At least he's playing poorly but getting better every game.

ok,I know it's a bit far fetched but when he comes back and IF ryder doesn'r produce, why not try Lapierre on koivu's right wing. he wouldn't bring much offense( although he has some) but he would bring a physical aspect to the line. he could go in the corners and get the puck to koivu and then rush to the net and great some room to the other two.

Ryder will come around. Don't worry about him. It's Latendresse who should be worried about Lapierre.

I'm not saying that ryder wont come around, I'm just saying that I'm sick of seeing him skate away when a teammate gets roughed up.

I am also sick of this, Ive noticed him do it at least 2 or 3 times in the last 2 years. :puke:

he did it already 3 times this year only. I could also call higgins but at least he's producing.

Lapierre's coming up one way or another. Granted, the habs have only played 4 games, when Carbo's patience runs out with either Lats or Grabovski, Lapierre will be back. They're delaying it for 3 reasons:

1. Giving the guys who made the team in training camp the benefit of the doubt, giving them a chance to play,

2. Waiting for Lapierre to get used to playing the wing, because they've asked him to be a 3rd or 4th line winger, though he's naturally a center, and

3. Waiting to see how well Plekanec plays on the 2nd line, because if he's capable this season, Grabovski will be the one to go down, as we have enough defensive centers to play the 3rd and 4th lines.

Lats or Grabovski are going down, but my money's on Grabovski.