Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Penguins | 10/10/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be kidding me, Right? Have you seen who he's playing with? I'll start questioning Plek's play when he's put with linemates who can keep up with him AND can't produce after that...

But I agree. Ppl need to chill.

People do need to chill.

But unless we are all new to this board this is nothing new.

If they had lost to Anaheim in that manner on Saturday I believe the tantrums would be more muted.

But they lost to the Leafs in almost the same manner as the last game of the season.

They outplayed them through 2 periods and Toronto once again receives a huge break

(last season Latendresse tipping it over Huet, this season Huet giving it away) and it opens the door for a comeback.

The Habs outplayed the Leafs, they hit a post and a crossbar late and the Leafs squeaked out a win.

I was happy with their transition game and having Markov, Hamrlik, Streit, Brisebois back there was a huge upgrade on the panic flip off the boards that Souray, Rivet, Dandenault perfected last season. I saw 3 bad giveaways in their zone and 2 of them ended up in the net. I have had to deal with a lot of losses to the Leafs in the last 10 years but that one did not bother me. As long as Montreal matches the Leafs intensity all season they will beat them more often than not.

The worm is turning. This team IS better than it was last year. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Good luck Carey! Last thing I want to see is half the guys on this board throwing him under the bus.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yes lets all settle down a bit here. We are two games in and we are talking about sending guys down and questioning the play of others. Maybe the Penguins should send Crosby down, after all he only has one point. We have to wait at the very minimum, 5 games before we start chopping heads off.

Go Habs Go

A buddy of mine, die hard Penguins fan, predicted a shutout for Price. That would be nice!!!

5-3 habs tonight.

Big night from the KPK line with two goals. and Price hits the empty net goal while keeping Crosby off the score sheet.

Would the Montreal media go Ape sh$& or what? :lol:

You've got to be kidding me, Right? Have you seen who he's playing with? I'll start questioning Plek's play when he's put with linemates who can keep up with him AND can't produce after that...

But I agree. Ppl need to chill.

QFT

QFT

Great post.

Pleks doesn't gel with Kovalev, there games are way too different. The reason Pleks did well with Higgins and Kosty is they are greast skaters, very north south style and move the puck quickly. Kovalev doesn't do any of those things.

I would try Smoke on the second line.

Glad to see Gorges in.

The first two lines should be IMO:

Kovalev Koivu Ryder

Higgins Plekanec Kost (our best line in the last stretch last season)

I agree with these two lines. I understand wanting to balance the attack, but I can't help but feel that they are weakening the attack by spreading it out. We'll see how things evolve though. Your second line was the indeed the best at the end of last year! And with both Higgins and #### healthy, I think it would be dynamite.

QFT

QFT

Great post.

Thanks, but what's QFT?

I'd like to see Plex reuinited with Kosty and Higgs as some posters are suggesting, but it's worht seeing if tonight's line combos will work at least for a couple of games. It's not like we're pairing Plex with Kovy and Sammy again. It's a different experiment. Plus he has more confidence now. If it works, it would be better than putting Kovy with Ryder and Koivu... so it's worth at least trying out.

Thanks, but what's QFT?

I'd like to see Plex reuinited with Kosty and Higgs as some posters are suggesting, but it's worht seeing if tonight's line combos will work at least for a couple of games. It's not like we're pairing Plex with Kovy and Sammy again. It's a different experiment. Plus he has more confidence now. If it works, it would be better than putting Kovy with Ryder and Koivu... so it's worth at least trying out.

Quite F@#$%& True??

Not too sure.

I think as long as Pleks has some talent with him he will be fine. He has developed alot from last season and he knows now not to try and play like Kovalev. Pleks has to play his game and use Kovalev in a positive way.

this line will be very good tonight.

This game will show how a goalie can unload his defenseman and help transition play.

A lot like Halak did at the end of last year.

I think it is the right decision to send him now. Sure everybody including Huet could be score by Pittsburg

amazing players like Malkin and Crosby BUt if the defenseman doesn't have to back up so soon to prevent puck

dropping behind the net it makes alot of opporunities to good push at the offense. And with Plek and AK46 together

we will see magic again.

Anybody remember Andrei blind pas on Plek tape for THe goal of the year last year??

Thanks, but what's QFT?

Quoted for truth.

(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (73)Ryder

(27)Kovalev - (14)Plekanec - (46)Kostitsyn

(84)Latendresse - (20)Smolinski - (6)Kostopoulos

(22)Bégin - (28)Chipchura - (25)Dandenault

Close Carbo, but not quite it yet.

IMO:

Higgins is to Plek what Ryder is to Koivu.

The first two lines should be IMO:

Kovalev Koivu Ryder

Higgins Plekanec Kost (our best line in the last stretch last season)

Also, Lapierre should be on teh 3rd instead of Kostopoulos

AND

Kosto should be on the 4th instead of Dandy.

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek

(26)Gorges - (44)Hamrlik

(51)Bouillon - (32)Striet

WOW, 5 Lefties... is that good or bad?

I'd play Streit with Hamrlik. I'd call up O'Byrne to play with Cube. Scrap Dandy. and keep Briser for the soft offensive games like tonight's.

Wow dude,

Get outta my brain!

I agree with every part of that statement! I would also try O'byrne with Hammer. I felt their chemistry was good in the pre season. From what I saw.

Edited by BCHabnut

I wonder why Carbo even has Murray on the team if he isn't going to play in a game like this!

The last few times we've played the pens, there has been fights, and we need a policeman/enforcer to sitck up for our players (Murray). Him in for Dandy would have been my choice.

huge night for josh gorges tonight

hopefully this guy can win a spot in the lineup. he's a quick skater who can move the puck.

Can't wait to see chipchura!

Is this streaming video anywhere tonight?

Any links or addresses would be great!!

Thanks guys

I saw this on Habsinsideout.

Price is starting the game tonight 22 years to the day when St-Patrick started his career, against the same Pens (Oct 10, 1985). Another Habs goalie (Ken Dryden) started his first game in the NHL against....the Pens

insert Twilight Zone music :)

Although Roys first game was in the 84-85 season against Winnipeg I believe. He came in for the third in mop up duty.

I guess his first NHL start was against the Pens and their young superstar Mario Lemieux.

I will take a split of 2 cups for Pitt and 2 for us like the last one played out :)

Edited by Wamsley01

Wow dude,

Get outta my brain!

I agree with every part of that statement! I would also try O'byrne with Hammer. I felt their chemistry was good in the pre season. From what I saw.

Yep I would do the same thing as you but I don't think I would do Kovalev with Koivu and Ryder, I've neevr really liked that line. I would use Latendresse up there, and use Kovalev on the third with Smolinski and whoever else works - Chipchura, Lapierre, or even Grabovski (preferably if he plays as a LW).

Haha, what a great opening for Price. I'm so excited to see how things turn out with him.

VCR????? Get with the times :)

PVR

Easy answer is I can translate it to PVR if I want to. Having it on the old format has it's advantages. Turntables are making a comeback.

I have 3 reserve VCR's on hand. Disks can get scratched and data lost. A VHS tape is very durable. That's how I preserve all my best vids.

Easy answer is I can translate it to PVR if I want to. Having it on the old format has it's advantages. Turntables are making a comeback.

I have 3 reserve VCR's on hand. Disks can get scratched and data lost. A VHS tape is very durable. That's how I preserve all my best vids.

A wise man you are.