Carbo - get these for Latendresse !

Canajun

:clap:

Quite a way the invent something.

''I slid my running shoes on, opened the door up, and there was frost on the stairs. When my hot running shoes hit that icy step, I went flying backwards and fell on my can. "

Suddenly Guillaume looked faster last night.

He was skating with the puck in the offensive zone and rushed directly to a target instead

of losing his speed with dangling the puck.

agreed, I was really taken aback by his speed (for him). If he can get that body moving that fast day in, day out, he will be a terror on the ice.

Maybe he already got his rocket skates....

Edited by simonus

This will increase scoring, but it will also increase injuries. When everyone has a pair, everyone will have the same advantage (which is no advantage) and so all bodies (aside from the goalies) will be moving fast. When someone hits another player, they will be coming quite a bit faster, and so every body check will have more speed. Those open ice hits when a player has his head down will be much worse, and the rate of concussions will go up.

You heard it here first!

While at the game last night I noticed that Gui employs 2 very different methods of skating. Sometimes, he uses very short strides and seems to be able to keep up, but then sometimes he seems to forget.... and uses this flailing legs type of skating that gets him nowhere. It's clear he's been working at his skating, he's just got to remember to use the proper method.

I thought the new Jersey made players faster?

man the NHL is going in the toilet big time with all the fricking gimiics.

no the new jersey makes players better defensively... :P

if water acts as a lubricant for your skates to make you skate faster, can we use other oil or water based lubricants on the blade to increase skating speed?

I'm sure there are all sorts of issues with this. Basically, you don't want anything alien on your ice which could jeopardize the integrity of it. The nice thing about water is that it will freeze back into the ice.

BTW, the way skates work, they already use water for lubrication. The friction with the blade creates a small quantity of water. These new blades just makes more, faster.

Edited by Bacchus

This will increase scoring, but it will also increase injuries. When everyone has a pair, everyone will have the same advantage (which is no advantage) and so all bodies (aside from the goalies) will be moving fast. When someone hits another player, they will be coming quite a bit faster, and so every body check will have more speed. Those open ice hits when a player has his head down will be much worse, and the rate of concussions will go up.

You heard it here first!

I agree. I also wonder if it will lead to messier play.

I agree. I also wonder if it will lead to messier play.

That's exactly what my Dad mentioned when we were talking about these new skates. It seems like they'd tear up the ice something awful since they make deeper grooves. Just think how bad the ice in a place like Dallas would be with 10 pairs of heat skates melting up the place!

if water acts as a lubricant for your skates to make you skate faster, can we use other oil or water based lubricants on the blade to increase skating speed?

Yes. Don't you play hockey? When you go to sharpen your skate don't they ask if you want it with lubricant/oil (don't know the appropriate English term) ?

I don't know if these heating blades are primarily supposed to make the player faster... I heard it's to make them spend less energy on the ice... If it's the case it'd be great because we'll see each teams best players a little more.

Edited by Punkned

Yes. Don't you play hockey? When you go to sharpen your skate don't they ask if you want it with lubricant/oil (don't know the appropriate English term) ?

I don't know if these heating blades are primarily supposed to make the player faster... I heard it's to make them spend less energy on the ice... If it's the case it'd be great because we'll see each teams best players a little more.

The oil isn't to make you go faster ... it is probably for rust or something like that. The oil on the blade would rub off pretty quickly, and then your be back to normal lubricated steel.

The oil isn't to make you go faster ... it is probably for rust or something like that. The oil on the blade would rub off pretty quickly, and then your be back to normal lubricated steel.

No, it's not for rust. Blades don't rust anymore (unless you buy your skates at Canadian tire :P )

The oils holds approx 2 games, so if you really like it you have to buy a bottle and put it yourself on your blades before every game.

When I first tried oil, I noticed a difference, but would I had noticed the difference had I not known there was oil on my blades? I can't say...

Yes. I was always too poor sharpen my skates...(or too much of cheapskate lol) I only sharpen them once in a blue moon and they never asked me for the oil add on. They have those auto skate sharpeners but I never trust them...now that I have no skates and I am not so much a cheapskate lol I will buy new skates and keep them sharp.

I will even try some oils lol and will report back here :P