Build on Price trade Huet?

BCHabnut

I think this may be the only way for the team to get that scoring forward. Trade Huet for a high caliber forward. If Price continues to play well maybe we could trade Huet and bring up Halak as backup. I like Huet a lot, but if Price can handle the game, maybe it would be best. Maybe we would have another Fleury too though. Thrown into the action too quickly.

If by Christmas Price has proved himself then why not.

Huet is never going to win a cup and he could be very valuable if he keeps up his play for the remainder of the season.

Halak is still undefeated in Montreal he only really struggled on the road.

We all know Huet is not in the long term plans but just how much longer will he stay in Montreal only Bob knows.

i would not trade Huet, at least not any time soon, his still a allstar and playing very well...i like price but lets take it slow and work him into it..the ottawa game well be a big test. I like the way the team looks now, its the little things that is killing us, if everyone shows up every game i think we going to have a good year.

i would not trade Huet, at least not any time soon, his still a allstar and playing very well...i like price but lets take it slow and work him into it..the ottawa game well be a big test. I like the way the team looks now, its the little things that is killing us, if everyone shows up every game i think we going to have a good year.

If somebody offers you something you can't refuse you have to consider it. But with that being highly unlikely I would hold on to him and deal him if Price proves he can handle the load. They cannot let Huet and Ryder walk like they did Souray.

with the way ryder been playin so far this year we be crazy not to sign him, our first line looks great and when they start scoring look out..i love the way ryder hiting this year.....

with the way ryder been playin so far this year we be crazy not to sign him, our first line looks great and when they start scoring look out..i love the way ryder hiting this year.....

I doubt he'd want to come back anyways and he'd be asking for something in the 4 million dollar range I guess. There are probably better guys out there for that money.

I doubt he'd want to come back anyways and he'd be asking for something in the 4 million dollar range I guess. There are probably better guys out there for that money.

If he leaves the Habs must find a replacement from within or on the UFA market.

Too early. Price needs more experience, also the market isn't begging for a goalie yet. I'd wait until after Xmas time, and then make a major move. It doesn't really matter where we are in the standings around Xmas time, as long as we are still in contention. So, if we do get an impact player that could put us over the top, we will have lots of games in which to get points back, and to climb in the standings a bit.

So, my vote is for patience, and for Price to get more experience/guidance from Huet!

Too early. Price needs more experience, also the market isn't begging for a goalie yet. I'd wait until after Xmas time, and then make a major move. It doesn't really matter where we are in the standings around Xmas time, as long as we are still in contention. So, if we do get an impact player that could put us over the top, we will have lots of games in which to get points back, and to climb in the standings a bit.

So, my vote is for patience, and for Price to get more experience/guidance from Huet!

For the experience yes but guidance from Huet is not necessary.

For the experience yes but guidance from Huet is not necessary.

Don't think I agree with you. I think spending time with a senior in his field is invaluable. Carey did appreciate the guidance of Kolzig, and has expressed thanks for the guidance from Huet. Furthermore, having a senior goalie around who is the primary responsible will alleviate pressure from Price. I think, at this point in Price's development, a goalies like Huet is indispensable, and a solid investment in Price's future to boot! But, this is only my opinion, of course.

Don't think I agree with you. I think spending time with a senior in his field is invaluable. Carey did appreciate the guidance of Kolzig, and has expressed thanks for the guidance from Huet. Furthermore, having a senior goalie around who is the primary responsible will alleviate pressure from Price. I think, at this point in Price's development, a goalies like Huet is indispensable, and a solid investment in Price's future to boot! But, this is only my opinion, of course.

Who mentored Roy, Brodeur or Luongo, or even Hasek?

I'm not too worried about Price being thrown to the wolves like Fleury was. Fleury was playing with the pens right after his draft year Price has had two years of development after his draft year. Plus Price is better. lol

I'm not too worried about Price being thrown to the wolves like Fleury was. Fleury was playing with the pens right after his draft year Price has had two years of development after his draft year. Plus Price is better. lol

AND he's got a goalie coach... something Fleury was lacking in his first year.

Who mentored Roy, Brodeur or Luongo, or even Hasek?

Not too sure ... I could do the research, but I don't really care that much. However, lets not put him up with the greats quite yet, and lets remember that these players played in less tense atmospheres (Roy, remember, played in the Nordique days when there wasn't as much hullabaloo surrounding the team).

I don't think that there are many people who wouldn't benefit from the guidance of a mentor these days. But, as I said, it's my opinion ... you are welcome to your own!

What better guys for that money want to play here?

The question of whether they want to play here is irrelevant because Ryder doesn't want to play here either, he's a sure bet to take the money and leave.

We'll have maybe 6-7M of capspace if they let him go, that's easily enough for Bob to continue throwing big offers at high profile players but hope someone bites this time. I know this UFA crop was supposed to be incredible - I'm not sure who's left after Marleau, Thornton, Iginla, Heatley, Hecht (to a much lesser extent), Crosby (RFA), etc were all re-signed to contract extensions.

The question of whether they want to play here is irrelevant because Ryder doesn't want to play here either, he's a sure bet to take the money and leave.

We'll have maybe 6-7M of capspace if they let him go, that's easily enough for Bob to continue throwing big offers at high profile players but hope someone bites this time. I know this UFA crop was supposed to be incredible - I'm not sure who's left after Marleau, Thornton, Iginla, Heatley, Hecht (to a much lesser extent), Crosby (RFA), etc were all re-signed to contract extensions.

OVECHKIN

RFA OFFER SHEET 7 YEARS 70 MILLION!!!!

OVECHKIN

RFA OFFER SHEET 7 YEARS 70 MILLION!!!!

I wish he'd do it. Ovechkin is really good friends with Markov and apparently tried to convince him to sign in washington last year. I think BG would percieve that as "unclassy" though and not do it :angry:

Bob wouldn't do it, although I agree that it might be worth doing. Just remember though, as ye do unto others so shall they do unto you. If Bob shoots for an RFA and the other team matches (as Washington would be 100% guaranteed to do) don't be surprised to see other teams trying to poach, say, Price, artifically jacking up his salary and thus mucking up our salary structure. This is one thing that proponents of RFA poaching don't seem to consider.

Bob wouldn't do it, although I agree that it might be worth doing. Just remember though, as ye do unto others so shall they do unto you. If Bob shoots for an RFA and the other team matches (as Washington would be 100% guaranteed to do) don't be surprised to see other teams trying to poach, say, Price, artifically jacking up his salary and thus mucking up our salary structure. This is one thing that proponents of RFA poaching don't seem to consider.

All the RFA situations are being used as a no no for one reason only....because there is no loyalty by the players anymore.

If players were commited to staying with a team this strategy would not work at all and teams would not be as focused to retaliate (Buffalo and Anaheim will try on the Oilers for sure at some point) later because of "poaching" thier players.

What's wrong with Penner going back to Burkie and saying "Edmonton offered $4M per year in an offer sheet that I didn't sign yet....work with me on this and let's keep me here longterm" as opposed to signing it right away and then have Burkie match or walk in a pressure situation?