Build on Price trade Huet?

BCHabnut

I beleive Anaheim had to match that contract or Penner was gone. He had no choice. Atleast that's what i understood the Edmonton announcers say.

That's how I understood it.

All the RFA situations are being used as a no no for one reason only....because there is no loyalty by the players anymore.

Why should players be loyal....how often are teams loyal to players? Ryan Smyth perfect example...the Oilers couldn't find a few extra bucks to re-sign him, yet they went and overspent on Penner and Souray.

Why should players be loyal....how often are teams loyal to players? Ryan Smyth perfect example...the Oilers couldn't find a few extra bucks to re-sign him, yet they went and overspent on Penner and Souray.

True, but note that a lot of players are actually showing an inclination to sign long-term deals where they are. That's the major reason why the UFA market has dried up more than anticipated. (Consider Markov). It's just that 'loyalty' only gets you so far when millions of dollars are involved, and if a team wants to use 'loyalty' to avoid paying a rate that is at least within the ballpark of market value, then good luck to them. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, I'd tell such a team to kiss my arse, and so, I suspect, would you ^_^

Not too sure ... I could do the research, but I don't really care that much. However, lets not put him up with the greats quite yet, and lets remember that these players played in less tense atmospheres (Roy, remember, played in the Nordique days when there wasn't as much hullabaloo surrounding the team).

I don't think that there are many people who wouldn't benefit from the guidance of a mentor these days. But, as I said, it's my opinion ... you are welcome to your own!

It seems Kim Jong Il has begun the first wave of attacks on the South; evidently a memory-stripping gas has blanketed the lower half of the peninsula.

As for Price / Huet, wait til Christmas. I love the idea of going hard after Ovechkin, but if we do, we go all the way: 10-year, 100 mil, signing bonus, no movement clause, Liverpool season tickets for life. He's worth a way better pitch than Briere, lets not play second fiddle to anyone.

It seems Kim Jong Il has begun the first wave of attacks on the South; evidently a memory-stripping gas has blanketed the lower half of the peninsula.

Possibly, or perhaps its old age ... but I do not remember half of the BS that is happening now. Also, Roy played in pre-internet days (at least it wasn't as popular/essential as it is today). The media surrounding the Habs today is insane compared to the 90s ... IMO. Memory stripping gas aside.

On a side note, has the major franco (anglo papers never really covered the Nordiques, unless they were playing the Habs) papers in the province of Quebec halved their sport sections since the demise of the Nordiques, or do they just pack it with more articles on the Habs ... a vacuum has to be filled!!!!

Aaack! The kids are taking over. I hope someone brings in something else (anything else) to drown out the country.

I hear ya.

Nothing like getting pumped for a game thinking about "your dog, that ran away with your woman, in your truck, with your brother."

Aaack! The kids are taking over. I hope someone brings in something else (anything else) to drown out the country.

well , maybe just said to the guy who control it : could you play my cd please ?

Possibly, or perhaps its old age ... but I do not remember half of the BS that is happening now. Also, Roy played in pre-internet days (at least it wasn't as popular/essential as it is today). The media surrounding the Habs today is insane compared to the 90s ... IMO. Memory stripping gas aside.

On a side note, has the major franco (anglo papers never really covered the Nordiques, unless they were playing the Habs) papers in the province of Quebec halved their sport sections since the demise of the Nordiques, or do they just pack it with more articles on the Habs ... a vacuum has to be filled!!!!

Living in Quebec City, I tell you what was written about the Nords is basically converted to the Habs...

Big difference is: now most medias in the province are Montreal-controlled. Everything is "network" straight from Montreal. Less and less local news. So everything is Habs Habs Habs, of course.

atta boy Carey... clear out that friggin headbangin heavy metal! Get that stereo goin with Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle, Johnny Cash and Stompin Tom ....

stompin tom and johnny cash I can deal with, but the rest?? George Strait!! I mean I don't like headbanging but there's other types of music then Nickelback (shudder) at one end and George Strait (shudder) at the other end.

I don't like Geaorge Strait either Shorthanded, I'm with you there. And I can't stand Nickelback (that's not even music), so I'm with you on that one too.

AMEN, brother!! they should call their name to The copy cats.

I think the Habs should try and unload Huet at the Trade Deadline. Price and Halak are really young so that bothers me. Danis has looked better than Halak so why not have Danis as your backup. I think once you get rid of Huet you go with Price as #1, Danis as your #2 and Halak as your #3.

I think the Habs should try and unload Huet at the Trade Deadline. Price and Halak are really young so that bothers me. Danis has looked better than Halak so why not have Danis as your backup. I think once you get rid of Huet you go with Price as #1, Danis as your #2 and Halak as your #3.

My sentiments all along, as he is an URFA come June. Have to get something for him if we aren't resigning him.

Problem is, only teams that would want him at that point, as a rental playoff player, will get in the way of our cup. Do you want to face Huet in the finals? Well it would be better than not making it but I would rather nat. Therefore, by tradedeadline we have to geet him undercontract for a few seasons so he has value to a non-playoff team, say Pheonix, for thier 1st over-all! Bring on John Tavares. Not a chance but.... :rolleyes:

I am petty sure he will not sign with the habs next season so we have to get something for him. There are too many good goalies in Montreal so that is the main reason why he will not sign. I'm pretty sure montreal isn't looking at signing him either.

You know, for a while I've been in the camp that if there is a market for Huet in a month-two, and Price (or Halak for that matter) is showing that they can handle the load why not move him, get some offensive pieces in return and let Price work his magic. But now.....

Actually seeing the games this year, it's really apparent that this team has much more confidence and better work habits, for longer stretches of games than last year anyway. I've been waiting for over a decade (haven't we all?) to be able to say this, and that kind of confidence really starts with your goalie. Huet is calm, consequently so is the team in front of him, now that's obviously not the only factor, but it's one of the most important. Now Price has poise too (and better puck-handling skills), but we haven't really seen him react to having a bad stretch of games, because he hasn't had one yet, and in the NHL there's no goalie who doesn't have them, eventually.

So basically what I'm saying, is this team morale thing can be so fragile (and has taken so long to solidify) that IF I trade Huet I want to make absolutely sure that it doesn't get disrupted, otherwise it's not worth what you get in return, even if it's a very gifted offensive player. Ryder on the other hand is expendable, even though I've been impressed with his play this year, and the salary cap savings from him could conceivably get you Huet for an extra year PLUS extra money to spend towards an UFA who should be an upgrade on Ryder.

Souray should've been traded last year, and Ryder should be this year, IMO, simply because it follows the progress curve of the team that Gainey's drawn up so far, and we're obviously not a contender this year, but a dark horse instead, which suits me fine. I have high hopes for Price, as does everyone else here, BUT - think of yourself when you were 20, and you'll see that him losing his sh!t at some point this season isn't that far-fetched, and missing the playoffs two years in a row would be really really devastating for this franchise at this point in it's developement. Furthermore, we got a team full of (very good) rookes/second year players, let's just sit back and let the whole thing gel.........