Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 10/18/07

Spider-Man NL

6 goals, it will take a week for them to score 6 goals. I hope your right. I predicted the fight last game.

So my prediction for tonight is Kovalev (after shooting his mouth off) will be a non factor.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 goals, it will take a week for them to score 6 goals. I hope your right. I predicted the fight last game.

So my prediction for tonight is Kovalev (after shooting his mouth off) will be a non factor.

Kovalev will score or pick up a pair of assists.

I just like to disagree!

We have a great chance of winning this game. Last year the Ottawa games were not only fun to watch but the Habs played great against them (for most games).

Higgins is so close to busting out I really hope this is his night.

I am amazed Higgins doesn't have 5 or 6 goals already the way he is playing.

I think if he gets one the flood gates open up. :clap:

I think if he gets one the flood gates open up. :clap:

I hope you're right. It's impossible to be that talented and work that hard and NOT score.

He does have ONE but the gate still appear sealed shut.

I know he has one, but if he gets another right now (tonight) the gates will be bombed open.

Edited by Habitforming

I am counting on Gerber starting. Remember, we were the team that chased him from his number one spot and sent his career to the bench. He is weak, we know it, he knows it, and soon everyone will remember. GO HIGH STICK SIDE !!!

He lacks the finishing touch, that little something big time goal scorers have. So far I don't see Higgins becoming a 40 goal scorer. A great 2-way forward with 80 points potential when healthy all season.

We have great young players in Montreal, but I see no one with the potential to finish regularly in the top 20 in the league (2006-07 20th D. Sedin 84 pts; 2005-06 20th Zetterberg 85pts)

We are all enthusiast about our youth, with reason. But we really need a top player in order to score more... Ottawa have 3. I hope Price is in great shape tonight!

Go Habs Go!

He lacks the finishing touch, that little something big time goal scorers have. So far I don't see Higgins becoming a 40 goal scorer. A great 2-way forward with 80 points potential when healthy all season.

We have great young players in Montreal, but I see no one with the potential to finish regularly in the top 20 in the league (2006-07 20th D. Sedin 84 pts; 2005-06 20th Zetterberg 85pts)

We are all enthusiast about our youth, with reason. But we really need a top player in order to score more... Ottawa have 3. I hope Price is in great shape tonight!

Go Habs Go!

very well said Punkned. I agree on pretty much all fronts. It would be a pleasant surprise if Higgins turned into a 40 goal scorer.

OKay well im hitting the road soon now.

HABS FANS BE LOUD IN THERE TONIGHT

CAREY CAREY CAREY!!!

Man I envy you guys that get to go tonight, I wont even be able to watch at all. I am going to see the Niagara Ice dogs host the london nights. (I bought tickets before I realized we were playing tonight :( )

I predict a good night for our top line, and Carey will be just fine. I hope Komi lays out Spezza with a devistating check (his arrogance gets on my nerves).

Higgins is now offically my favorite habs

Edited by Davehab

Well I certainly hope that the Habs win. But the problem with this team is scoring. And as long as we have Carbo as our coach, we will continue to have this problem. As a matter of fact, as long as we continue with this philosophy of hiring defensive coaches, we will continue to have problems scoring. There's been a lot of crying here lately about the Canadiens not having a bona fide goalscorer. I personally think that the problem is not with the players but with the system employed. When was the last time that we weren't a trapping team? Change that and we'll start to get some goal scoring.

Unlike a lot of people, I really liked Michelle Therrien when he was our coach. (If not for Theodore, he might still be our coach.) I just wish the powers that be would realize that it's easier to win when you go for it, as opposed to trying to prevent the loss.

- Jack

Really? They have outshot 4 opponants this year, were pretty close with Toronto. So if you get more chances then the other team, shouldn't you score more. I have a revalation, how about the players score goals, not carbo.

You guys are going a little nuts with blame carbo for everything. They have 1 lose in regulation this year.

Really? They have outshot 4 opponants this year, were pretty close with Toronto. So if you get more chances then the other team, shouldn't you score more. I have a revalation, how about the players score goals, not carbo.

You guys are going a little nuts with blame carbo for everything. They have 1 lose in regulation this year.

Well they can have a bunch of guys scoring points like the Leafs.

Antropov/Steen/Stajan/Sundin/Blake but have the team give up 29 goals in 7 games.

Toronto is -3 on the season, Montreal is -2. What is the difference?

very well said Punkned. I agree on pretty much all fronts. It would be a pleasant surprise if Higgins turned into a 40 goal scorer.

You don't need a 90 point forward to win though. If you have depth and can get goals from all lines then you're perfectly fine with your best players merely being stars (Higgins, Koivu, Kovalev, possibly Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Latendresse and others in the future) instead of superstars. This is even more the case when you are potentially being backed by a franchise goaltender. Look at Vancouver - they won the division last year with few offensive talents. Naslund has an offseason and they had the Sedin twins as two point-a-game players. Other than that, their team is full of character players and grinders (not unlike Kostooulos and Smolinski, who actually played for them last year) and rely heavily on their goalie - yet this is a team built great from top to bottom.

So I see the Habs following this mode, some solid offensive weapons spread out over the top 3 lines mixed with some character players and two-way forwards with defensive presence (Chipchura, Lapierre, Begin, ...) with an all-star goalie in net.

Look at the '93 Cup-winning team - people say they had no superstar. Roy was their superstar. And Price will be ours.

(Hopefully!!)

The Habs better find a way to win tonight; my wife is a Sens fan, and I will be hearing it to no end if our boys shit the bed.

I hear you all too well. 'What the heck is it with wives?

Hopefully tonite is the nite the Koivu line breaks it wide open and gets rewarded for all the chances they've been creating. Two goals apiece for Ryder and Higgins. Kosty needs to hit the scoreboard as well, maybe helping Grabs get his first point.

Tough luck for Murray, but he belongs in the stands. Now if Laps keeps playing strong in Hamilton, he may get the call. At this point, there are still two scratches each nite so it will not force any callups. Still would like to see Gorges get a shot. Why not sit Boullion for 5 games and let Gorges have a good run at it. Cube is getting up there in age and will not be around when the Habs make their next Cup run, so let's really see what Josh can do. Let him play without worry of being scratched game to game and give him 20 minutes of icetime. We just might be surprised. How is it he can be top 6 for a club like San Jose and is a constant scratch with the Habs defense.

Go Habs Go.

Hope Price picks up his 2nd win.