Atlanta perfect trade partner

peihabs

Absolutely ridiculous move. What is an absolute necessity in todays NHL is to have a solid #1 starter and we have that in Huet. He's proving it big time almost every night. Goalies like that aren't that easy to find. Just ask Toronto. While Price is hopefully our goalie of the future, he needs time to develop and time to prove that he can be a #1. Gainey would never trade his only proven #1 goalie and leave himself vulneralbe like that. If he was able to make a trade for Hossa, and who wouldn't, Halak with another forward like Ryder and maybe a top prospect, but never your only proven #1 goalie.

amen

Absolutely ridiculous move. What is an absolute necessity in todays NHL is to have a solid #1 starter and we have that in Huet. He's proving it big time almost every night. Goalies like that aren't that easy to find. Just ask Toronto. While Price is hopefully our goalie of the future, he needs time to develop and time to prove that he can be a #1. Gainey would never trade his only proven #1 goalie and leave himself vulneralbe like that. If he was able to make a trade for Hossa, and who wouldn't, Halak with another forward like Ryder and maybe a top prospect, but never your only proven #1 goalie.

While I agree with your comment I need to ask this.

What is the point of having Price in Montreal and not Hamilton?

Either Price assumes a larger role with this team or his being here is pointless. A rookie can't learn much sitting on the bench and playing every few games is just as useless.

According to reports, Gainey went against Carbo and forced him to keep Price. Either Gainey has a plan or he is an idiot.

Bearing in mind that Huet is a ufa at years end. Do we keep him and lose him for nothing? do we sign him? If we do what do we do with Price? How much will he want? Do we go long term? No we trade him because we really have little choice, we need offence and the luxory of too many goalies and defencemen will hurt us. I would not be too quick to give up on halak either he has shown some serious #1 potential. For trade value Huet will be the guy to go. jmho :hlogo:

While I agree with your comment I need to ask this.

What is the point of having Price in Montreal and not Hamilton?

Either Price assumes a larger role with this team or his being here is pointless. A rookie can't learn much sitting on the bench and playing every few games is just as useless.

According to reports, Gainey went against Carbo and forced him to keep Price. Either Gainey has a plan or he is an idiot.

Gainey believes that Price will benefit more from 30 NHL games than from 60 AHL games. Just like he did with Carbo, he wants to ease Price into the water and stir the pot slowly. You see, right now, price is in the lineup but there isn't much press talk about him - imagine if after this season, with Huet as a UFA, Price comes in as our starter - imagine all the pressure, etc. He'd a be a rookie goaltender being hailed as our saviour. Now, Price is quietly becoming an NHL starter - no media attention, no pressure, no problems.

Exactly BTH, and i'll add that : being on the team allow him to spend time with the team, practice a lot with real NHLers everyday or so, feeling the vibe of an NHL game, travelling, get use to it, etc...

Exactly BTH, and i'll add that : being on the team allow him to spend time with the team, practice a lot with real NHLers everyday or so, feeling the vibe of an NHL game, travelling, get use to it, etc...

And of course growing a real yearning to be in the games.

though hopefully that yearning doesn't turn into spite

He shouldn't be spiteful about anything...it's not as if he's gone in there and posted shut-outs in the games he has played. He has a 3.02 GAA and .902 save percentage...he hasn't earned more frequent starts yet.