"Reasonable Accommodations" Discussion

Pierre the Great

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great thread - too much for me to read through though to completely get up to speed! still, here are my 2 cents.

i hate religion too - and i don't think God likes religion either. i don't think God created religion.

but, i am a creationist - although - as a mere mortal, i have no idea how EXACTLY God created the universe. and frankly, the Bible gives VERY little attention to the topic, so, i don't waste my time debating it --- suffice to say that evolution is still merely a theory, it's impossible to prove it as fact since it is not scientifically testable - BUT, before you all jump me on the topic ... i do understand how many see it as the only plausable explanation for human life.

back on the topic of the thread ...

i believe what i believe, and am happy to share my beliefs with anyone who is interested (and counter-productive to share my beliefs with those who are uninterested) - but - i believe as a good citizen, i do need to be reasonably accommodating to individuals of all cultures, regardless of their faith or faithlessness. it is 'religion' for me to impose my views on others, so i don't do it - nor to i feel the need to tolerate others imposing their views upon me. that being said i think it is reasonable to accommodate a turban in the police force, i think it is unreasonable to accommodate a 'masked' individual who wants to vote in an election.

i hope sanity and 'reasonableness' prevails over religion - may religion be damned!

• 2 weeks later...

A dumbass Somalian, told yesterday he would never feel as a real Québécois because he is black. F UCK OFF ! Jacky Robinson anyone?!? Felipe Alou, Oliver Jones, Maka Koto, Gregory Charles, etc. COMON dude, wake up, blame religion as you want, but no way you can say shit like that about black/white people, this ain't 1950 Virginia!!! there are black people everywhere in enterprises, every level of schools, culture/media, sports, politic, Shut up !

Somalian refugee Farah Kulmijeh Abdil said learning French isn't an issue for him. "I'll never be Quebecois, because I'm black," he complained. "I'll always be asked, 'Where are you from?' "

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...05f&k=17735

no offence joe, but the guy has a point. I turn on Radio-Canada and all i see is white faces, and apple doesn't fall far from the tree if you look at what is going on in the "motherland" in Europe.

Yeah he can learn french but will he ever be accepted in the the Quebec society, just like an immigrant in Europe is? no.

no offence joe, but the guy has a point. I turn on Radio-Canada and all i see is white faces, and apple doesn't fall far from the tree if you look at what is going on in the "motherland" in Europe.

Yeah he can learn french but will he ever be accepted in the the Quebec society, just like an immigrant in Europe is? no.

the leading news anchor was a black woman for many years, now she is general governor of Canada, miss Michäelle Jean...

Also, Normand Bratwaithe, a tv star who might be in the top 3 richest and most popular host in Québec, is black and he host a live music show called Belle et Bum on Télé-Québec where he plays emergent music from all the world every week. He is bigger than Wayne Brady can be in the ROC...

Boukar Diouf (an humorist who said he grew up in Sénégal, but get fat in Rimouski, Québec, is everywhere in medias and even teach University classes here. Didier Lucien, Jean-François Harrison, etc. I could name many more black guy on tv every weeks of the year. You just turn on at a bad moment, or were you watching CBC...?

There are a lot of immigrants who make the steps to integrate, some others, like the somalian guy, don't...

oh and Radio-Canada, who is not BET by the way, is a federal organism, where the boss is named by Ottawa, don't forget that.