Game Thread | Bruins de Boston vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/22/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours until the puck drops.

I predict a 3-goal spread tonight. Either we'll lose badly or come out gunning. I have a feeling it's the latter. You guys can quote me on this in about... 10 hours time. ;)

I was checking in on Team 990 for the first time this year (I have a lot of baseball still going on right now). They were really talking up the Bruins. Seemed like they were giving them too much credit.

Are they really that much better this year?

TSN is reporting that Carbo's going to keep the lines the same tonight as Saturday night vs. Buffalo. I like that he's showing some consistency in the lines following a win, but I can't say that I love the fact that he's going to sit Kosty for two straight games...

TSN is reporting that Carbo's going to keep the lines the same tonight as Saturday night vs. Buffalo. I like that he's showing some consistency in the lines following a win, but I can't say that I love the fact that he's going to sit Kosty for two straight games...

I hope Kosty picks it up, so we can see the Kosty, Plex, Higgins line again. I thought that line was amazing last year. That second line was as good as any in the league. The only problem is that Ryder actually looks good this year, so you would be breaking them up. No offense to Ryder fans out there, but he just looked like a one trick pony before. This year he is starting to look like a good hockey player. Not just a decent goal scorer.

I was checking in on Team 990 for the first time this year (I have a lot of baseball still going on right now). They were really talking up the Bruins. Seemed like they were giving them too much credit.

Are they really that much better this year?

They've won their last 5, so i'd say if they're not improved, they're at least in a winning streak.

I hereby dedicate the irrationally superstitious luck of my 800th post to this game!

GO HABS GO.

They are a good team with lots of speed and finally good goaltending. They will be tough to beat.

I read that Koivu was sick? If he is sick i thought that is why we have good depth so he can take a night off, don't get others sick. He was invisible Saturday, i guess i would rather have a healthy group in and let the sick and injured to rest.

Teddy Bears have good goaltending and can score.

They also have a great GM who is willing to bring guys along while trying to sign top talent. Plus remember this guy traded Raycrap for Tuku Rask! WHAT A F*&^%$G steal for the B's....

Alas, the Habs will win as they are about to start a huge winning streak.

GO :hlogo: :hockey: GO!!!!

Many people want to see the Pleks-Higgi-#### line again, as would I ... but the thing is what do you do with Kovalev? There seems to be an issue with Kovy playing with Koivu, since they both like to control the puck ... so Tender would probably go on the first line, and then Kovy is on the third, where is muchos unhappy! It is too bad, because those lines ripped last year.

Anyway, go Habs GO!

Any word on Price vs Huet to start tonight?

Many people want to see the Pleks-Higgi-#### line again, as would I ... but the thing is what do you do with Kovalev? There seems to be an issue with Kovy playing with Koivu, since they both like to control the puck ... so Tender would probably go on the first line, and then Kovy is on the third, where is muchos unhappy! It is too bad, because those lines ripped last year.

Anyway, go Habs GO!

Huet for sure.

Anyway, go Habs GO!

It doesn't matter what line Kovalev plays on, he takes by far the longest shifts on the team and always plays over 20 minutes (while the rest of the forwards play 9-17 minutes usually/lately).

Tom Kostopoulos, on the other hand, was given only 2 less shifts than Koivu last game but since his shifts are so incredibly short he played 7 minutes less than him.

@BCHabnut: I agree with your last post.

It doesn't matter what line Kovalev plays on, he takes by far the longest shifts on the team and always plays over 20 minutes (while the rest of the forwards play 9-17 minutes usually/lately).

Tom Kostopoulos, on the other hand, was given only 2 less shifts than Koivu last game but since his shifts are so incredibly short he played 7 minutes less than him.

@BCHabnut: I agree with your last post.

Kovalev actually rarley breaks the 20 minute mark although I wish he would every night.

Kovalev actually rarley breaks the 20 minute mark although I wish he would every night.

I believe he's lead all Habs forwards in icetime every game this season. The Gazette has the numbers after every game, he's been topping 20 minutes consistantly.

so im in a bit of a pickle. I will be at home later tonight with RDS but not able to watch the game until 1030-11. Should i wait for Canadiens Express (do they tell you the score in the form of a ticker or update during this broadcast?) or should i get the family to tape the game for me? (VCR so the quality may be lacking somewhat)

either way, GO HABS GO

Tonight's lines according to TSN:

Forwards

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Plekanec- Kovalev

Grabovski - Smolinski - Dandenault

Begin - Chipchura - Kostopoulos

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Streit

Goaltender

Huet

Scratches

Kostitsyn, Gorges

:clap:

They're finally using Grabovski at LW. But I'd still prefer having Kostitsyn in the lineup and Grabs on the bench.

I believe he's lead all Habs forwards in icetime every game this season. The Gazette has the numbers after every game, he's been topping 20 minutes consistantly.

How is that possible when he is averaging 18:45 a game.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=2...iewName=summary

Only twice in 7 games was he over the 20 minute mark and one othe game within a minute of that.

:clap:

They're finally using Grabovski at LW. But I'd still prefer having Kostitsyn in the lineup and Grabs on the bench.

Same as last game really.

Spider-Man NL for PM! Along with Prime Minister Koivu we can have 2 PM's :lol:

I hope Kosty doesn't pine too long. BOb said in the end of season PC last year that "Kostitsyn should not have been in the AHL this year". I hope they don't take too long and tick him off.

Go HABS GO!

I think that the Habs must to get out to a good start tonight and get 2 quick goals.

No more "heart attack" kids style. I can't take anymore adrenaline rushes at the end of the games :)

Fernandez is in nets tonight for Boston so we need to keep doing what we have been doing.

Firing from the points and hope we get some more lucky bounces. Begin needs to keep playing like a maniac and beating them for the puck in

their own end. Higgs needs to keep his fiery game and for Gods sake we need to keep clearing the puck out of our end.

Stupid penalties must stop (yes even though the reps are usually bind) we can't given them a reason to call them.

Kovy needs to continue to shoot and score like he has been but he should be cutting in towards the net instead of circling around back. So many times

he has done this and there is no one in front he has a laser, he needs to shoot it for the top shelfs!

Go :hlogo: Go!

How is that possible when he is averaging 18:45 a game.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetchKey=2...iewName=summary

Only twice in 7 games was he over the 20 minute mark and one othe game within a minute of that.

He played less the first 3 games, but still, he's getting more icetime than any other forward, and he's doing it with less shifts - last game his average shift length was 1:01 which is just crazy, especially considering he has to sit for a little bit in between his shifts and risk getting cold.

I think what we'll need tonight is just not to make any terrible mistakes. If we can control our awful giveaways, missed empty nets and terrible penalties then we'll be drastically better. As many say, we are a bubble team which means it may only take one or two of these types of little problems to push us clearly into the playoffs.

But either way, Boston is a team we can handle. We need to win this or else the boys might get used to being a .500 team.

He played less the first 3 games, but still, he's getting more icetime than any other forward, and he's doing it with less shifts - last game his average shift length was 1:01 which is just crazy, especially considering he has to sit for a little bit in between his shifts and risk getting cold.

I was not arguing that he was playing the most just that he was playing 20 minutes.

And his shift length is long because he plays extended PP minutes, (i wish he would play the full 2 virtually every time.

4 minutes!!!

Edited by JMMR

Spider-Man NL for PM! Along with Prime Minister Koivu we can have 2 PM's :lol:

I hope Kosty doesn't pine too long. BOb said in the end of season PC last year that "Kostitsyn should not have been in the AHL this year". I hope they don't take too long and tick him off.

Go HABS GO!

I would gladly give up my Prime Minister status for Spider Man.

He means so much to all of us.

Long live Spidey!