Bulldogs go hunting moose but come up empty...

Chips

Bulldogs go hunting moose but come up empty...

Third home game MTB vs HAM

Hamilton lost 5-1 but lets focus on the bright spots.

GO DOGS GO! GO DOGS GO! GO DOGS GO!

Ferland scored our only goal in the 2nd. assisted by Lahti and Lil. Kosts.

Laps returned to the ice and looked like he did not miss a beat.

O'Byrne also returned to the ice tonight and looked great.

Lahti, seems unimpressive today but you can't help but notice his size and number 27. Although he does not play like Kovy, it sure makes him stand out when he's on the ice at least in my eyes. But this kid is improving with every shift. Took a point on the night. Need to spend more time watching this kid in the next game.

Little Kosts, is also in the process of getting himself adjusted to the ahl. At least it looks that way. Another kid who will only get better in time.

Valentenko was steady all night. Keeping his head in the game. Very effective at the point on the powerplay but he's got to get the puck to the net when he has a chance to shoot from the point on the PP. His shot is mighty and when he uses it, he scares mostly everyone on the D. But he hits too many players with it. Twice last game his thunderous slapshot rebounded back into the bulldogs zone for Halak to airmail back to the front lines so that the Dogs could regroup and attack on the PP. More time required to watch this kid as well.

I was not able to focus tonight. It could have been the 5 goals scored against us. But for me it was more the fact that my little baby girl came to her first hockey game last night. She sat on my lap and enjoyed watching Bruiser the Dogs mascot run around the rink. As much as I enjoyed seeing my little 2 year old enjoy herself, this wednesday will be different. A more focused fan at the rink and I hope a more focused Dogs team on the ice. A well rested team as well I pray.

Next game Wed night. 7:30pm start time. Grand Rapids vs. Hamilton.

GO DOGS GO! GO DOGS GO! GO DOGS GO!

Edited by Chips

Seems like a lot of people played well ... so why did they lose so badly? Or was MTB just too sensational tonight?

Well the Dogs were playing back to back to back games with a few hurt bodies...

And as much as that would be an excuse; its not!

Because the Moose were playing back to back to back to back.. games.. :)

and they had the longer and difficult travel plans to deal with..

Now the Moose have always had the Dogs number according to the experts at the game. The moose also have Mike Keane. (yes x-habs Keane) as their captain. Luc Burdon and all their guys are bigger and stronger on the puck than us. At least thats what it was like watching them last night.

I will reserve only one comment. A well rested Dogs team can take on a well rested Moose team IMO. So that being said. I would cough this one up to lack of energy on the Dogs part and a very good fore checking Moose team that took advantage of every opportunity to bury the puck.

Oh ya. Jozef Balej also plays for the Moose and may I say he's back in the AHL and seems to be on a mission. Keane's leadership and experience came in very handy in the third. He was on every other shift and just shutdown all the offensive threats the Dogs were trying to muster.

All in all. The moose are a good team but we can beat them.

GO DOGS GO!

Edited by Chips

Hey nice thread Chips keep up the good work :) There should be more replies though lol

Thanks blaze53; I'm certainly enjoying the game and the reviews I'm writing up for all of the HW gang. Next game is wed against grand rapids. I'm having loads of fun this season watching the young guns in Hamilton play. They have an exciting brand of hockey that in my mind at times parallels a NHL game at a very affordable price point for me as a fan of the game.