(22)Bégin - (25)Dandenault - (6)Kostopoulos

d.jpg

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(71)Brisebois - (44)Hamrlik
(51)Bouillon - (32)Striet

G.jpg
(39)Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 3rd, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif3 CAR-water-small.gif2 (OT)

Oct. 13th, 2007:CAR-water-small.gif3 montrealwatersmall.gif1

Gui84Canes.jpg

Huet39Canes2.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00pm eastern on:
rds%20logo.gif& fsso.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM
Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/10/koval...game_plateau_1/

Kovalev hits 1,000-game plateau

by Kevin Mio

Alex Kovalev will become the third member of the Canadiens to play in his 1,000th NHL game this month when he takes to the ice against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night.

Defenceman Roman Hamrlik and forward Bryan Smolinski are the other members of the team to reach the milestone.

Kovalev becomes the fourth Russian-born player to play 1,000 NHL games. He could also reach the 800-point plateau in Carolina with a goal or an assist (337 goals, 462 assists).

Friday's game will be Kovalev's 163rd as a member of the Canadiens, making him one of the longest-serving Russian players in team history behind Andrei Markov (419), Oleg Petrov (365) and Vladimir Malakhov (282).

0kovy1000.gif

If by 7,251 you mean 17,021, then yes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008

LOL ... your know-it-all response reminds me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons:

506.gif

The insecure comic geek who attempts to prop himself up at the expense of others by rattling of factoids that only the most obsessive fan would know :

Bart: Who's gonna play Radioactive Man?

CBG: I will tell you in exactly seven minutes.

(He moves to his computer)

CBG: Okay, here we are, alt dot nerd dot obsessive. Need

know star RM pic.

Do you think the guy who posted is being serious about the number of people in attendance at another team's arena? I, personally, think he is being sarcastic.

aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

Go HABS go!!!

Go HABS go!

Poor Kostisyn, no playing until the Habs start faltering (hopefully that won't be for a while :clap: )

As long as the Habs keep winning, it may be tough for Kostits to draw back in. Kostits was playing no worse than Lats, yet Lats only missed one game. Having such high hopes for the kid, i hate to see him riding pine. Lets hope when he draws back in he starts to light it up.

Kostits was playing no worse than Lats, yet Lats only missed one game. Having such high hopes for the kid, i hate to see him riding pine. Lets hope when he draws back in he starts to light it up.

Maybe Kostitsyn should change his name to Jacques De Champlain or something like that....maybe then Guy would give him a fair shake. :angry:

Maybe Kostitsyn should change his name to Jacques De Champlain or something like that....maybe then Guy would give him a fair shake. :angry:

brilliant comment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

people are so f**kin quick to play the racist card when it comes to montreal and its french players. didn't lapierre go down to hamilton?? didn't latendresse, brisebois and begin sit for a game?? is grabovski being treated unfairly due to his name ?? perhaps its just because kostisyn deosn'T give much to stay in the lineup, period.

I'm not quite happy at kostitsyn play, nor am I happy about him not playing but I'm not going to play the language card, it'd be too easy. I hate when francophones use it, I hate when anglophones use it. IT 's just stupid.

brilliant comment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

people are so f**kin quick to play the racist card when it comes to montreal and its french players. didn't lapierre go down to hamilton?? didn't latendresse, brisebois and begin sit for a game?? is grabovski being treated unfairly due to his name ?? perhaps its just because kostisyn deosn'T give much to stay in the lineup, period.

I'm not quite happy at kostitsyn play, nor am I happy about him not playing but I'm not going to play the language card, it'd be too easy. I hate when francophones use it, I hate when anglophones use it. IT 's just stupid.

Wow nice rant....feel better? :lol:

I don't think Kosty being french or Belerussian or Swiss has anything to do with it. But I'd still like to know why he is sitting for any games let alone 2 straight.

The other guys that have sat up until this point were for glaring reasons(i.e no effort, give aways etc), but not Kosty though.

Wow nice rant....feel better? :lol:

I don't think Kosty being french or Belerussian or Swiss has anything to do with it. But I'd still like to know why he is sitting for any games let alone 2 straight.

The other guys that have sat up until this point were for glaring reasons(i.e no effort, give aways etc), but not Kosty though.

not all of them: Begin's sitting wasn't really explained (not that I'm so upset it happened). The point for Kosty is that when others were being punished (and so sitting) we lost the games they missed, and when he was punished (and so sitting) we won, so he sat again, and we won big. No one actually knows yet that he's scratched a third time because Spidey posts last games' lineup until the team releases something else. But I wouldn't be surprised if he does sit again.

I'd like him back in the lineup but I can't blame carbo with sticking with the team that's won the last two games. Glad I'm not paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

not all of them: Begin's sitting wasn't really explained (not that I'm so upset it happened). The point for Kosty is that when others were being punished (and so sitting) we lost the games they missed, and when he was punished (and so sitting) we won, so he sat again, and we won big. No one actually knows yet that he's scratched a third time because Spidey posts last games' lineup until the team releases something else. But I wouldn't be surprised if he does sit again.

I'd like him back in the lineup but I can't blame carbo with sticking with the team that's won the last two games. Glad I'm not paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

I'm olny blaming Carbo because there are others who could sit with half the talent this guy has.

As for winning both games that he sat out of, only one game was a result of our playing well and it still took an empty netter to seal it. Why not put Kosto down for a game, he was played when he should have sat out, so sit him while he is playing ok.

Aside from winning the last two games, why do you think he is the odd man out?

I'd love to be making the decisions :)

Edited by Habitforming