Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Hurricanes de la Caroline | 10/26/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from winning the last two games, why do you think he is the odd man out?

that's pretty much the main reason. Carbo's looking for a winning formula and my guess will be that until we lose, he'll stick with the same line up. Kosty will get a chance soon, but that's the way things go...

There's a brilliant idea, bench the guy when he starts playing well.

He seems to go against everything else that makes sense.

Kostitsyn was playing well too, where has he been the last two games?

Wow nice rant....feel better? :lol:

I don't think Kosty being french or Belerussian or Swiss has anything to do with it. But I'd still like to know why he is sitting for any games let alone 2 straight.

The other guys that have sat up until this point were for glaring reasons(i.e no effort, give aways etc), but not Kosty though.

I feel wayyyyyy better. maybe it's all the coffee I ingested since I've been up!!

the only reason why kostitsyn's still sitting is that nobody deserves the boot right now. he'll be back soon. i say he'll be back no later than tomorrow. maybe tonight if begin can't play.

I feel wayyyyyy better. maybe it's all the coffee I ingested since I've been up!!

the only reason why kostitsyn's still sitting is that nobody deserves the boot right now. he'll be back soon. i say he'll be back no later than tomorrow. maybe tonight if begin can't play.

why wouldn't beige be playing? Do you know something the rest of us don't???

All I have to say is GO HABS GO as they need the points. Laughs win a laugher last night (Tounge twister :rolleyes: ) and we cannot have that team with more points than the Habs.

Plus, DESTROY JUSTIN WILLIAMS!!!!!!!

OK, so I don't hold a grudge.... :angry::angry:

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

why wouldn't beige be playing? Do you know something the rest of us don't???

He took a slapshot to the finger in practice. Says he should be ready for the Canes though.

I love using or even being able to have internal competition for jobs throughout the season. But it has to be done properly.

This is where most of my frustration is.

The competition cannot stem from to completely different styles of players. That is the wrong way to do it. It has to be done like the 70's version of the habs teams

Kostopoulos cannot be kept in the line up over Kostitsyn becuse he shuts down a line for a night, that isn't Kosty's job and isn't fair. Just like it wouldn't be fair to expect Kostopoulos to score 3 goals in a game

The competition should be likeminded playing styles. eg. Kosty and D'Agostini. Grabovski and Locke, Latendresse/S. Kosty, Chipchura/Lapierre, Kostopoulos/Begin or Dandy, Bouillion/Gorges, O'Byrne/Brisebois.

They should at least be similar players that bring the same thing to the team. Sitting Kosty for Begin accomplishes very little to help the team but Carbo likes to play the defensive forwards, and then complain about not being able to score....hmmm I wonder why?.

Edited by Habitforming

I love using or even being able to have internal competition for jobs throughout the season. But it has to be done properly.

The competition cannot stem from to completely different styles of players. That is the wrong way to do it. It has to be done like the 70's version of the habs teams

Kostopoulos cannot be kept in the line up over Kostitsyn becuse he shuts down a line for a night, that isn't Kosty's job and isn't fair. Just like it wouldn't be fair to expect Kostopoulos to score 3 goals in a game

The competition should be likeminded playing styles. eg. Kosty and D'Agostini. Grabovski and Locke, Latendresse/S. Kosty, Chipchura/Lapierre, Kostopoulos/Begin or Dandy, Bouillion/Gorges, O'Byrne/Brisebois.

They should at least be similar players that bring the same thing to the team. Sitting Kosty for Begin accomplishes very little to help the team but Carbo likes to play the defensive forwards, and then complain about not being able to score....hmmm I wonder why?.

that's a pretty reasonable argument habitforming.

and about Beige , all I can say is "ouch"!

Does Kosty plays PK ? oh Bégin and Higgins are the best in PK...

brilliant comment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

people are so f**kin quick to play the racist card when it comes to montreal and its french players. didn't lapierre go down to hamilton?? didn't latendresse, brisebois and begin sit for a game?? is grabovski being treated unfairly due to his name ?? perhaps its just because kostisyn deosn'T give much to stay in the lineup, period.

I'm not quite happy at kostitsyn play, nor am I happy about him not playing but I'm not going to play the language card, it'd be too easy. I hate when francophones use it, I hate when anglophones use it. IT 's just stupid.

It's not the racist card, it is the local favorite card ... and lets not beat around the bush here ... the local french media is way more in love with local boys ... especially over anyone from the former Soviet Union! If you don't realize that, then your head is in the sand.

Latendress should have been sat at this point ... but, i'm pretty sure that the Franco media would grill the administration for stunting Latendresses career! (Latendress will get it though ... and he won't get 3 games, that's for shizzle (unless he does something completely stupid like screw Carbo's wife or something)).

Kosty wasn't playing aggressive, he was turning the puck over alot at the blueline and not making anything happen. If you know Carbo that's why he sat. There are back to back games don't be surprised if both Gorges and Kosty play either tinight or tomorrw. Just like Price will play in one of them.

It's not the racist card, it is the local favorite card ... and lets not beat around the bush here ... the local french media is way more in love with local boys ... especially over anyone from the former Soviet Union! If you don't realize that, then your head is in the sand.

I agree that a part of french media Idolize Latendresse and/or play the language card whenever they see think theres an injustice to a french player and I think they're wrong.

BUT: english media also whip local boy really fast. they wont say because he's french but you wont hear/read ill stuff about ryder/koivu playing badly. if you listen to the english radio in this town, you'd think that latendresse is not even good enough to play in the east coast. it's sickening!!

basicly whenever pj stock or michel bergeron or ron fournier go on the language issue, I just turn out the radio. when rejean tremblay or jack tood get in fight on how to pronounce jose theodore's name, I stop reading.

Kosty wasn't playing aggressive, he was turning the puck over alot at the blueline and not making anything happen. If you know Carbo that's why he sat. There are back to back games don't be surprised if both Gorges and Kosty play either tinight or tomorrw. Just like Price will play in one of them.

I hope gorges gets back in soon too. he's victim of brisebois not being half bad.

Yea, i actually thought Gorges was pretty good in his game he played. With back to back games and the schedule picking up i expect him and Kosty playing more. I do expect a move or 2 soemwhere down the line to Lapierre up and getting the D numbers down by 1 or 2 depending on O'Byrne's play.

I want to see a much better effort tonight then the last time they played, 8 shots after 2 periods is embarasing.

Yes, but when Kosty has a bad game, he is a little fast guy who isn't doing anything. When Lats has a bad game, there is a good chance there will be one or two bone crushing hits in the end boards. I say that if the team is winning with their current roster and lines, don't mess with it. We all complain like crazy when Carbo juggles lines around like he does, then we complain again when he doesn't play our favorite prospect.

I'd still like to know why he is sitting for any games let alone 2 straight.

The other guys that have sat up until this point were for glaring reasons(i.e no effort, give aways etc), but not Kosty though.

I bet I know the reasoning behind Carbos decision. Grabs had his 1st goal against the Bruins, so he gets the nod over Kosty.

Begin's sitting wasn't really explained

Begin was benched because he cost the Habs the game in the Florida fiasco. Rewatch the game tieing goal with seconds left in the game. Begin was the forward who was out of position which caused that goal. When PK, the 4 players do a box, which they were doing. Howevre Begin was at the point, but then moved over towards the other habs forward, which basically created a triangle (with 2 Habs basically standing beside each other). The pass to the goal scorer should have never happened - it was exactly where Begin should have been standing.

Go HABS Go!!

Must win game, Laffs are ahead of us in points, + I want Habs to stay above the 8th place mark all season. :D

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Congrats to Kovy! Hopefully he makes this a game worth remembered for more than 1 good reason!

The Canes have a good team this year. They're an excellent measuring stick with which to compare ourselves.

That being said, I hope Cole is still out and GO HABS GO!!! Stay outta the box!

Yea, i actually thought Gorges was pretty good in his game he played. With back to back games and the schedule picking up i expect him and Kosty playing more. I do expect a move or 2 soemwhere down the line to Lapierre up and getting the D numbers down by 1 or 2 depending on O'Byrne's play.

I want to see a much better effort tonight then the last time they played, 8 shots after 2 periods is embarasing.

Oh :huh: I thought Gorges was terrible in this game.

Begin was benched because he cost the Habs the game in the Florida fiasco. Rewatch the game tieing goal with seconds left in the game. Begin was the forward who was out of position which caused that goal. When PK, the 4 players do a box, which they were doing. Howevre Begin was at the point, but then moved over towards the other habs forward, which basically created a triangle (with 2 Habs basically standing beside each other). The pass to the goal scorer should have never happened - it was exactly where Begin should have been standing.

Go HABS Go!!

Must win game, Laffs are ahead of us in points, + I want Habs to stay above the 8th place mark all season. :D

You don't bench a player because of a PK mistake 6 on 4... Seriously, Higgins and Bégin are the 2 best players on PK on this team and Bégin saved a lot, but A LOT of goals on pk and Carbo knows it.