Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Hurricanes de la Caroline | 10/26/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The third period was fugly. We are fortunate that the Canes came out so flat.

Markov has not looked right all year and tonight was no exception. I wonder what is up with him?

Huet didn't play bad but he looked a bit shaky, I'm glad Price is playing tomorrow.

Agree on all counts. :)

Isn't that three wins in a row too? :clap:

Yeah, with the long break, i was affraid the momentum would dissapear, but YAAAAAAAAAA

We're on a roll, baby, A ROOOOLL !!!! Kill those Pens now !!!

Hmmm, crazy game. But the bottom line is that the Habs beat the Canes - one of their worse matchup - in their building.

Gotta be happy about that. This game was a good test and the Habs came out way on top.

One thing worrying me is Ryder. He's really quiet. 1 goal and 3 assists in 9 games. Might be worth a message.

I didn't watch but was following on Boone's blog.

For the carbo bashers, I want to say that the last two games have been very very impressive, and that carbo deserves credit (since we always blame him when things are going badly). One thing that bothered me though:

after Carolina scored to make it 6-3, was it really necessary to send Chipper out in place of Koivu, and then have Koivu centre the 4th line for a shift. I know Koivu should've been better on Carolina's goal, but isn't shuttling him down to the 4th line, and playing a rookie in his spot because of ONE mistake, a little too much? Isn't it a little too humiliating?

I can get Carbo drilling the hard work thing into his players, and the "no one gets a free ride" thing, but wouldn't benching Koivu for a shift or two have been less embarrassing than sending him out with Beige and Kosto? I think this is the kind of motivation tactic that will backfire on Carbo, and I hope he doesn't use it again....

what do the rest of you think?

The third period was fugly. We are fortunate that the Canes came out so flat.

Markov has not looked right all year and tonight was no exception. I wonder what is up with him?

Huet didn't play bad but he looked a bit shaky, I'm glad Price is playing tomorrow.

Even Carbo probably didn't care if they sat back. Better to do that anyways when you're playing the penguins tommorow and it's probably going to be a crazy run and gun game, no need to bust your asses and wind up with a bunch of sore and tired guys, just to make sure you win with a 4 goal lead. The 2 points easily won tonight would be squandered if they show up flat against the pens and get whipped.

For the carbo bashers, I want to say that the last two games have been very very impressive, and that carbo deserves credit (since we always blame him when things are going badly). One thing that bothered me though:

after Carolina scored to make it 6-3, was it really necessary to send Chipper out in place of Koivu, and then have Koivu centre the 4th line for a shift. I know Koivu should've been better on Carolina's goal, but isn't shuttling him down to the 4th line, and playing a rookie in his spot because of ONE mistake, a little too much? Isn't it a little too humiliating?

I can get Carbo drilling the hard work thing into his players, and the "no one gets a free ride" thing, but wouldn't benching Koivu for a shift or two have been less embarrassing than sending him out with Beige and Kosto? I think this is the kind of motivation tactic that will backfire on Carbo, and I hope he doesn't use it again....

I must say I agree with you, on a side note though, I guess this means we won't be seeing Kosty tomorrow either. I hope it doesn't turn into another Perezhogin type situation.

I must say I agree with you, on a side note though, I guess this means we won't be seeing Kosty tomorrow either. I hope it doesn't turn into another Perezhogin type situation.

me too. we're scoring right now, but we can't keep our scoring players out of the lineup forever. We have to develop them too.

Anyway, don't wanna sound like I'm unhappy about this. Overall, thrilled we got such a convincing win and that our guys are gelling. and we beat a hard to beat team too...

People are assuming that Koivu was being punished. Perhaps he took a shift or two off because he is getting over the flu, we were up, and he was out of gas. Perhaps he told Carbo he needed a shift off.

If he was being rested, he wouldn't have been sent out with Begin and TK. Chipper would have been double shifted and that would have been it...

It is easy to bash him when we are loosing and easy to praise him when we are winning.

That move with Koivu is just bizarre...If he had the flu then why put him on the 4th for one shift in a game that is a romp?

I am concerned about Kostitsyn. I really hope Carbo finds room for him or we may see him playing in Russia too.

The one thing that both the lovers and bashers of carbo can agree on is that he has no clue how to deal with people.

Ryder is fine. Geez, last year he gets roasted for being one dimensional and now that he is trying to play a more responsible defensive game you think he needs to be sent a message Kozed? Unfortunately you are not alone in your thinking but I think Ryder just continues to get short changed by media and some fans. He has always scored in bunches, so I think they'll come but frankly if he only scores 20 but the top line ends up around even or plus we are probably better off.

And, for a guy who is in a contract year facing UFA status, I thik his attitude in this article is exemplary.

Ryder Tries Looking on the Plus Side

But we are all welcome to our opinons.

Nice to see the boys string a few wins together.

Let's keep it up against the Pens!

Go Habs!

Edited by The Saint

Ryder is fine. Geez, last year he gets roasted for being one dimensional and now that he is trying to play a more responsible defensive game you think he needs to be sent a message Kozed? Unfortunately you are not alone in your thinking but I think Ryder just continues to get short changed by media and some fans. He has always scored in bunches, so I think they'll come but frankly if he only scores 20 but the top line ends up around even or plus we are probably better off.

And, for a guy who is in a contract year facing UFA status, I thik his attitude in this article is exemplary.

Ryder Tries Looking on the Plus Side

But we are all welcome to our opinons.

Nice to see the boys string a few wins together.

Let's keep it up against the Pens!

Go Habs!

Your attitude is refreshing Saint. I agree.

If he was being rested, he wouldn't have been sent out with Begin and TK. Chipper would have been double shifted and that would have been it...

It was one shift and he was back on his own line. Maybe his skates needed a quick sharpening (he was falling down all night) and he wasn't ready, so Carbo said.. chippy, switch with Koivu for a shift. After one shift each, he swings Koivu back to his line....

Seriously, I saw nothing to indicate that Koiuv was being punished. If he was, he would have stayed on the 4th line.

It was one shift and he was back on his own line. Maybe his skates needed a quick sharpening (he was falling down all night) and he wasn't ready, so Carbo said.. chippy, switch with Koivu for a shift. After one shift each, he swings Koivu back to his line....

Seriously, I saw nothing to indicate that Koiuv was being punished. If he was, he would have stayed on the 4th line.

He made a lazy backcheck on the 3rd Carolina goal. If Carbo is pushing that you work hard every shift and your leader takes a play off and it goes unpunished what type of signal does that send to the team?

They are changing the culture people. If you want to see an 8th place team, keep worrying how Koivu feels, or Kosty feels, or Kovy feels. Work Hard and Carbo will not punish you. Jesus, these guys are supposed to be men, I could care less about their feelings. A system only works if EVERYBODY buys in, if you don't want to buy in then your time in Montreal will be limited.

That is the beauty of what they are growing. If Chips does not work hard then Lapierre will be called up, if Grabovski does not give it 100%, Kosty will go in, if they both float then Lil #### will be brought up etc etc etc.

They have great depth now, the worm is turning. Be patient and enjoy the ride. This team is not the same as last season. No passengers this year so far.

Great win :clap:

Edited by Wamsley01