Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Penguins de Pittsburgh | 10/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sucks that we gave them a point...but I still got the satisfaction when Markov tucked it between this random Sabourin guys pads. Solid road trip...solid offensive effort...seems like we took a few shifts off tonight though. Overall, good effort! :clap:

Well it sucks that we gave them a point...but I still got the satisfaction when Markov tucked it between this random Sabourin guys pads. Solid road trip...solid offensive effort...seems like we took a few shifts off tonight though. Overall, good effort! :clap:

A FEW ?? :lol::lol:

Andreiiiiiiiiii Markovvvvv

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

YES 4 pts in 2 gam es yeahhhh bay yeahhhh

Yah your right im giving them way too much credit...

If you heard me and my thoughts during the actual game...you'd know that I actually meant approximately a period off :lol:

ONE PERIOD :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously the HABS HELD ON BY THE SKIN OF THIER TEETH!

ONE PERIOD :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously the HABS HELD ON BY THE SKIN OF THIER TEETH!

Well you can factor in the fatigue from playing back to back nights......

Before the shootout I said to myself...I remember price in that shootout and he was absolutely phenomenal in the game VS the USA when he was on Team Canada...I had faith!!!

I'm just happy crysby didn't win it for the penguins =D

Holy craziness. What a win in the 16 man shootout. I like the way Price looks in the shootout. Nice to still get the 2 points. Looked like some fatigue for the Habs. How are the signings of Markov and Hamrlik looking now. Hammy is as solid as a rock back on the blueline. He's been worth every penny so far. Might not score 20 goals but he sure does prevent many. The penalty call on Begin seemed pretty weak to me, seemed like he tied up Crosby's stick pretty good. More and more impressed by Dandy's solid play. Great on the forecheck with his speed. Kovy had a weaker game, but he deserved to be cut some slack. Loving Chips as well. Should be a solid contributore for years to come.

Price was awesome in the shootout but a bit weak on a couple of the goals during the game. I think Les Boys were tired after last night though. I'll take the 2 wins.

I agree with the tired part, but those weak goals were AFTER great saves and the Montreal "D" decided not to help out. One thing I really noticed is that Kovalev is really, really, really trying..... Kudos to Kovy

Kudos also to the team for excellent first period play and out of gas 2nd, 3rd and OT period play.

I was glad for Markov with his shootout win!

4 ROAD POINTS,

WooHooo Go Habs.

It's really too bad, I missed this game!

Looks like the same old story, we get a comfortable lead but then get too comfortable and surrender a point (while making the game much more entertaining for us fans). I wish the Florida game would have woken them up.

But :clap::clap::clap: I'm so pumped to watch some highlights, but I doubt they show every shot in the shootout.

It's really too bad, I missed this game!

Looks like the same old story, we get a comfortable lead but then get too comfortable and surrender a point (while making the game much more entertaining for us fans). I wish the Florida game would have woken them up.

But :clap::clap::clap: I'm so pumped to watch some highlights, but I doubt they show every shot in the shootout.

Yup, it's games like this that make me worry that they're still the same old Habs.

I'm not bummed that this game was tied in the last 2 mins because of a PP like I was in the Flor game. Pitts has way better 6 players than Flor. You could see the difference because Pitts 6 werent basically all standing around each other on 1 side except for the goal scorer like in the Flor game. I am bummed that Habs keep getting penalties in the last 2 minutes of games. :angry:

I dont like seeing teams come back like that in the 3rd. Happy there wasnt a fight, that seems to just switch momentum to other team. Pitts is so talented that its hard to keep a lead. I was glad that there was so much time left when it was tied, thought maybe the Habs could produce some last minute heroics and score agiain. Last year they had quite a few last second goals so I'd like to see that kept up. :D

Ironically as soon as OT ended, i said oh no, Pits is like 1 of the last teams you want to get into a shootout with. No clue why they didnt go Crosby, Malkin, Staal (in any order). :huh:

Also, silly q, but why did Pits shoot 1st in SO? Do they flip a coin or something? Otherwise shouldnt the home team shoot last? (like in baseball). Shooting last is a bit better because you know if you need to tie it, and win it if you dont.

Also, silly q, but why did Pits shoot 1st in SO? Do they flip a coin or something? Otherwise shouldnt the home team shoot last? (like in baseball). Shooting last is a bit better because you know if you need to tie it, and win it if you dont.

Home team gets to pick whether to go first or last. According to the FSN announcers, the Pens like to shoot first to put the pressure on the other team to score. Didn't quite work this time.

Home team gets to pick whether to go first or last. According to the FSN announcers, the Pens like to shoot first to put the pressure on the other team to score. Didn't quite work this time.

Kinda did...it took 8 shooters.

Markov for Norris trophy!!

Bouillon had a superb game, he was looking so bad against Carolina

and bounced back tonight.

Hammer and Gorges were the weak link. I prefer Streit and Hammer

playing together.

Kovalev had a night out. Holding on to the puck too long,

bad penalty.

Koivu is playing great hockey both offense and defense, he is +4

this year great to see.

Latendresse is back to useless, were was he when team mates and

defense were getting crunch?? I don't mean for him to be a goon but

Kots had more body check and was more disturbing than Latendresse.

When Bégin is playing hurt he is a - for this team, he should learn to sit when hurt.

Considering his size, poise and past experience -

W in WJC Final

8/8 vs the Penguins

We could be getting one of the best, if not the best, shootout goalie...?

Turning aside 8 shooters is just incredible, especially when you're against Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Recchi, ...

Can someone tell me who the Habs shooters were? I saw Koivu, Markov and Kovalev's shots, heard of Streit's but don't know who took the other four. I'd assume Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec and Gui/Ryder. Also, is there anywhere I can watch the shootout?

one thing about kovalev is he seemed deflated after that scrum with crosby...he was all over the ice on that play, and even though he can dominate, he was trying to do too much. He's a right winger, what was he doing all the way over on the other side of the ice?

unless he was playing center there, i can't recall

Edited by blicemj

Considering his size, poise and past experience -

W in WJC Final

8/8 vs the Penguins

We could be getting one of the best, if not the best, shootout goalie...?

Turning aside 8 shooters is just incredible, especially when you're against Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Recchi, ...

Can someone tell me who the Habs shooters were? I saw Koivu, Markov and Kovalev's shots, heard of Streit's but don't know who took the other four. I'd assume Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec and Gui/Ryder. Also, is there anywhere I can watch the shootout?

I think it was Higgins, Kostitsyn, Plekanec and Ryder as the other 4 from Memory. Lots of players on both teams went high and missed the net.