Game Thread | Thrashers d'Atlanta vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/30/07

Spider-Man NL

I agree Wamsley,

I have always hated that the leafs are presented as the "canadian" team. that pisses me off, not only because our club is called the canadiens, or that we have the nations colors, but that the leafs have straight up NOT been the best canadian team. Now I'm man enough to admit since '93 the habs havent been anything to write home about either, but the flames and other western teams deserve some more attention too. i live in toronto (unfortunately) and have to listen to this hockey central at noon bulls**t and all the other leafs propaganda, but now after this season, the media is really houndin' em. Long live the habs!

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bouillon will not play and Ryder is questionable for tonights game.

If Ryder can not go A Kost will play with Koivu and Higgins,.

Both injuries (though it seems Ryder will play) would be "good" injuries.

I agree Wamsley,

I have always hated that the leafs are presented as the "canadian" team. that pisses me off, not only because our club is called the canadiens, or that we have the nations colors, but that the leafs have straight up NOT been the best canadian team. Now I'm man enough to admit since '93 the habs havent been anything to write home about either, but the flames and other western teams deserve some more attention too. i live in toronto (unfortunately) and have to listen to this hockey central at noon bulls**t and all the other leafs propaganda, but now after this season, the media is really houndin' em. Long live the habs!

I am always torn when it comes to the Leafs. I hate them with a passion, I loved the 80s, they were glorious times :clap:

But I don't want them to be terrible because I don't want them drafting a Tavares, or a Crosby in my lifetime. So where they

have been for the last 3 years has been awesome. Just good enough to get the media all worked up, and then dropping a 7-1 loss on them to get them pulling a 180º. If you live in T.O. you must have heard all the turned the corner, these guys are about to figure things out....7-1 loss...these guys are terrible, they cannot win. etc etc. since Thursday.

But all of these things will be rendered moot if the habs can make the leap to serious contender. Wallowing in the mire with the Leaf fans has been embarrasing.

But patience has begun to pay off. This team is starting to believe in itself. Tonight is a huge test. The is expectation that they will win, but a loss will spin everybody into here we go again mode. Same as last season...etc etc.

I have high hopes for this season, but will not fully believe until they clear the annual January swoon.

One game at a time.

I just don't get all the Leaf references all the time. In case you guys haven't noticed the Leafs do beat the Habs more often then not.

I think before you go and make a statement like the above you should learn to read and understand what you are criticizing.

Montreal only has 1 more point than the Leafs which is why I want some distance between them. If Boston was right behind I would have said Boston(which is 2 points behind).

And for your information you are wrong about the Leafs winning more often then not:

Canadiens have an overall record of 321 wins, 268 losses, 88 ties and 4 overtime losses versus Laughs. Close yes, but Montreal is the superior product.

Priceless how Hardcore leafs fan loses it after Habs win in shootout!:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

I agree Wamsley,

Yes, the LEAFS are THE Canadian team! The're part of Our Heritage! See... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrDzBHlm1_g :lol:

Isn't this a game day thread? There's a Leaf-bashing thread................

I plan on sitting here, and watching the GAME.

Me too, I love the internet streams finally can watch the Habs in Japan (except I have to get up at 8:00 am :wacko: )

Go Habs Go!!!