Price, Chips and Grabs to stay

Punkned

I am shocked about grabs, i have no idea what he brings to the team. Maybe I'm wrong but i haven't seen anything but his speed to warrent him being an NHL player. Chips and Price are no brainers. They are here to stay.

my reaction is that as nice as that sounds, the implication is that Kostitsyn won't necessarily be here for the season. I think that this guy needs some more ice-time, or we will lose him. He was awesome last season with Plecks and Higgins.

Well this should open the rumor floods for Halak.

Chipchura deserved the stay, he's been awesome. Having him as a fourth liner just shows the kind of solid depth the team has.

What about rumour floods for ####.......????? Does he have an apartment?

What could Halk and #### fetch on the market?

What about rumour floods for ####.......????? Does he have an apartment?

What could Halk and #### fetch on the market?

That would be a bizarre move to trade big #### and keep the little one. They both have stated that they'd really like to play on the same team.

Plus, I don't think that an underachieving former first rounder has much value on the market. The AHL is full of underchaieving former first rounders... Even if AK as a load of potential, he stills has to show it (or have a chance to) at the NHL level.

It's all a little more simple than all this IMO. Grabs works hard. Our coaching staff rewards hard work. He's an aggressive lil feller and Carbo says "Hey ####, work hard like Grabs and you can stay. Take shifts off and you can go live with lil ####."

That surprises me that they would keep up Grabs instead of AK46. I know AK46 still has a shot of staying up but i do think AK is a better player then Grabs. Ak46 just had a bad start.

Kosty can't go down. I think if he is brought up on waivers he can be taken on re entry waivers. just because he doesn't play every night why do people think he is going down.

carbo is waiting for one of those 2 to take the position. That's why they keep switching. Neither one of them has stepped up to take it.

I am shocked about grabs, i have no idea what he brings to the team. Maybe I'm wrong but i haven't seen anything but his speed to warrent him being an NHL player. Chips and Price are no brainers. They are here to stay.

We seem to be the only ones who agree on this. I liked from what I saw from Grabovski last game but he really doesn't bring much to the table other than speed and some flashy tricks that hardly ever come in handy during games.

I don't think this affects Kostitsyn at all, he's not going to be sent down anymore.

We seem to be the only ones who agree on this. I liked from what I saw from Grabovski last game but he really doesn't bring much to the table other than speed and some flashy tricks that hardly ever come in handy during games.

I don't think this affects Kostitsyn at all, he's not going to be sent down anymore.

I call the PETROVian flare. ^_^

I have noticed that Grabovski looks as if he cannot figure out a plan of attack when he actually gets a scoring chance. It's almost as if he never expected to get a goal opportunity. I'd like to think that as his confidence increases and the coaching staff (and established players) help him out, this will change. Of course, this might never happen.

I do think he has what it takes to be an effective forward in the NHL.

I agree that Kostitsyn will not be sent down. I wonder if Lats may not be eventually sent down for seasoning in order to give Kost a shot at the top 6. Lats was demoted in game v. the thrashers, but I have a feeling that as long as Kovalev and Plek continue to be productive, Carbo will be hesitant to break up the line. I know I would.

Hmm... Grabs is improving, thin layer by thin layer. He wants to be involved in the play and he makes better use of his linemates than Kosty does. And above all, as someone pointed out already: HE WORKS HARD. That's why he gets to stay.

bad news for lats too maybe? i think he is first in line for a demotion to be honest.

Not as long as Lats keeps throwing one or two board rumbling hits per game and keeps being a goalie nuisance in the slot on the PP. You can play a big role without getting any points.

Well we better getting him off the second line if thats the case.

As I implied in my last post, I wouldn't be surprised if Carbo feels that by taking out an opponent or two out of the play during the game, Lats gives Plekanec and Kovalev the space to score goals.

At least that is what the fanboy inside me wants to believe :)

Edited by simonus

Kostitsyn is the only guy who presumably could push Ryder out, IMO. If Ryder continues to struggle, Kostitsyn will get a look on that line. If he works for it. I think he's better as a RW, anyway.

I guess what I'm thinking this means that Carbo has confirmed the team he chose out of camp is the one he wants, barring injuries. Injuries could open holes for guys like Lapierre or O'Byrne or Halak, but he's satisfied with the group of 23 he has at this point. The fact that no one is getting called up with Murray and Bouillon injured (making us a 21 man roster) speaks volumes about his trust for the rest of the group, because we have the cap space to do it.