Chipchura

Zowpeb

After watching the game last night I must say that I was very impressed with Chipchura's play. He played a solid all around game and I saw glimpses of him being able to become a good offensive contributor as well.

I think this kid is going to be a good player for the Habs for a long, long time.

I agree, and he seems to get better with every game. I like his style and his ability to backcheck effectively.

For some reason he reminds me of Brian Skrudland. I know there is a lot of talk about Higgins being the future captain but I see chips grabbing the title at the end of the day. He's so calm and solid in his way of just getting it done, while Higgins is more like a tornado, almost like he's trying to hard. Both guys are great, I just feel Chips will rise to the occasion when the time comes.

For some reason he reminds me of Brian Skrudland. I know there is a lot of talk about Higgins being the future captain but I see chips grabbing the title at the end of the day. He's so calm and solid in his way of just getting it done, while Higgins is more like a tornado, almost like he's trying to hard. Both guys are great, I just feel Chips will rise to the occasion when the time comes.

Who gets the next C could really depend on timing. If it's 3-4 years away, Chipper stands a chance, otherwise, I suspect Higgy will get it if Koivu leaves before then. Personally, I hope Koivu retires with the Habs C on his chest, and then we worry about what a fantastic problem we have picking between our young leaders for the C. I still expect Higgy will get it, but we'll see.

I can see some Kirk Muller in Chipchura's game.

I think Higgins just needs to be a little more patient...he seems to be really rushing and trying to beat guys one on one rather then involving his line-mates.

chips has really improved the overall depth of this team. He (along with Kostopoulos) has already turned that fourth line into a 3B.

I think there's a strong argument to call it the 3A line.

They always seem to hem the opposition in.

Chips is very solid, I dig the Skrewy comparisons. In fact, I remember during his draft year calling for us to get some character guys like him in our system, and he was the surest bet of the bunch.

SAKS-AVENUE thanks. I was trying to figure out who in a Habs uniform Chipchura reminded me of and you nailed it. Skrudland was one of my favorite players at the time......similar style.