A Thread That Was At One Time a HWL Recruitment Thread

alexstream

i hold the dubious honour of being the only gm fired, due to lack of knowledge or something can't remember that wasn't due to personal reasons or being an ass on the boards etc. lol

Although I barely won worst gm award i believe. ........*cough* you'd of thought it'd be a landslide.

if you don't know who i am i'm a lounge lizard who hangs out in the lounge. I'm also a canadiens fan even though nobody believes I'm a fan, yet every time I'm on local tv or mentioned on the radio here on the island i'm that "super knowledgeable american who was wearing a montreal canadiens t-shirt." So go figure eh?

oh and i've watched about 3 habs games this year usually it goes i watch the first, fall a sleep, then watch the last ten minutes of the third. Only have watched 2 Canucks games watched the first 10 minutes, then took a nap, wake up and watch the highlights. busy life being me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hold the dubious honour of being the only gm fired, due to lack of knowledge or something can't remember that wasn't due to personal reasons or being an ass on the boards etc. lol

Although I barely won worst gm award i believe. ........*cough* you'd of thought it'd be a landslide.

if you don't know who i am i'm a lounge lizard who hangs out in the lounge. I'm also a canadiens fan even though nobody believes I'm a fan, yet every time I'm on local tv or mentioned on the radio here on the island i'm that "super knowledgeable american who was wearing a montreal canadiens t-shirt." So go figure eh?

oh and i've watched about 3 habs games this year usually it goes i watch the first, fall a sleep, then watch the last ten minutes of the third. Only have watched 2 Canucks games watched the first 10 minutes, then took a nap, wake up and watch the highlights. busy life being me.

The old calgary GM was pushed out by the league admin over like a 2 seasons :P most inactive person ive ever seen.

The old calgary GM was pushed out by the league admin over like a 2 seasons :P most inactive person ive ever seen.

Yep, but he got kicked out/quit because of a fight with the simmers, not because he sucked. He did suck though. Or atleast the only trades I can remember of his sucked:

Iginla + Oshie for Jagr + depth

followed by

Jagr for B-Mo

So he basically traded his franchise away for Brendan Morrison. Speaking of B-Mo, whoever has him, get ready for me to try taking him from you. I might as well try once I've already got Bert and Naslund.

Yep, but he got kicked out/quit because of a fight with the simmers, not because he sucked. He did suck though. Or atleast the only trades I can remember of his sucked:

followed by

Jagr for B-Mo

So he basically traded his franchise away for Brendan Morrison. Speaking of B-Mo, whoever has him, get ready for me to try taking him from you. I might as well try once I've already got Bert and Naslund.

Morrison is currently living a quiet life in Phoenix.

I remember when the first Calgary GM got pushed into quitting. That was fun. I have to wonder what the league he runs is like.

followed by

Jagr for B-Mo

*le sigh*

followed by

Jagr for B-Mo

:clap: :clap: :bow: :clap: :clap:

it wasn't for lack of knowledge, it was for refusal to learn the game.

still have a grudge, mr. backstab?

:lol:

you're one messed up individual aren't you alex? you've got some serious issues don't you?

maybe if you had gotten off your ass then you wouldn't have to resort to name calling when feel someone is "out to get you". Just to make you happy I'll never applaud Michael for commenting on how brutal the previous GM was in Calgary. How you took that as something against you concerns me. Do you have a guilty conscience? or do you have one at all?

I'm also a canadiens fan even though nobody believes I'm a fan

oh and i've watched about 3 habs games this year usually it goes i watch the first, fall a sleep, then watch the last ten minutes of the third.

Hahahaha, yeah some fan, 3 whole games that included falling asleep at 5 oclock in the afternoon in the middle of them.

i'm that "super knowledgeable american who was wearing a montreal canadiens t-shirt.

You should think about doing a load of laundry once in a while

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Dec 3 2007, 10:48 PM) 254738[/snapback]
you're one messed up individual aren't you alex? you've got some serious issues don't you?

maybe if you had gotten off your ass then you wouldn't have to resort to name calling when feel someone is "out to get you". Just to make you happy I'll never applaud Michael for commenting on how brutal the previous GM was in Calgary. How you took that as something against you concerns me. Do you have a guilty conscience? or do you have one at all?

easy there.

you know what :lol: stands for, right?

easy there.

you know what :lol: stands for, right?

:popcorn:

Morrison is currently living a quiet life in Phoenix.

I remember when the first Calgary GM got pushed into quitting. That was fun. I have to wonder what the league he runs is like.

acctually i applied for montreal canadiens, in a league awhile back and he was the commish lol. I noticed after but they told me the old gm wanted to choose his " successor ".....* its just a game but i guess people take it much more serious then others *

Hey I don't live in the Centre of Canada so the games don't start on a good time for me considering I at best can see the hockey night in canada game which starts when I'm still out and about. Any early games during the week, lol forget it, I'm in school.

Blame the stupid time zones.

Blame yourself for scheduling afternoon classes when hockey is on! :lol: Get all your classes out of the way in the mornings!

Blame yourself for scheduling afternoon classes when hockey is on! :lol: Get all your classes out of the way in the mornings!

Mornings?

Now I heard this somewhere, and I'm fairly certain it's true, that mornings were created by Satan.

Mornings?

Now I heard this somewhere, and I'm fairly certain it's true, that mornings were created by Satan.

Which is why my earliest class begins at 1 oclock :clap:

Which of course means a couple night classes, but thank god for Canadiens Express.

(plus it seems like most of our games have been on tuesdays and fridays (no class) so its not conflicted very often...