A Thread That Was At One Time a HWL Recruitment Thread

alexstream

Which is why my earliest class begins at 1 oclock :clap:

Which of course means a couple night classes, but thank god for Canadiens Express.

(plus it seems like most of our games have been on tuesdays and fridays (no class) so its not conflicted very often...

See? A second confirmation! It must be true. I don't argue with science.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornings?

Now I heard this somewhere, and I'm fairly certain it's true, that mornings were created by Satan.

I too avoided mornings in college, but if taking afternoon classes would have meant me missing hockey games, I certainly would have scheduled around it. Some things are just more important than staying up late. :hockey: Plus, man invented the day-time nap to counteract morning classes. ^_^

Plus, let's see here. Hockey games start at 7 or 7:30 in the East, so out West that means 4 or 4:30. MWF 12-3 and TTH 1-4:30, that's 15 credit hours and you only have to miss the first period of the TTH games when they start at 4.

I too avoided mornings in college, but if taking afternoon classes would have meant me missing hockey games, I certainly would have scheduled around it. Some things are just more important than staying up late. :hockey: Plus, man invented the day-time nap to counteract morning classes. ^_^

Plus, let's see here. Hockey games start at 7 or 7:30 in the East, so out West that means 4 or 4:30. MWF 12-3 and TTH 1-4:30, that's 15 credit hours and you only have to miss the first period of the TTH games when they start at 4.

okay so here's my schedule and mind you that i rarely see any habs games at all here on the west coast. TSN deserves to be banished from doing sports. poker poker poker poker wtf worst channel in the history of sports tv. I want to strangle the channel.

I'm in class mode from 10-4 and most of the time in the library from 4-6 then I go to the student pub which I might catch the game for 20 minutes before it ends.

Then on saturday's if I have any saturday afternoon plans i'll miss the game. Its almost like a Canucks fan in Newfoundland, you get up eat your breakfast just in time for the end of the 3rd.

There's your problem! Watch hockey and THEN go to the library.

hahaha

go to the student pub which has hockey on, but usually its russia vs. canada or a sens game. I've seen the habs on there once.

But, saturday at 4pm at the local Swiss Chalet they've got a bar area with a huge big screen tv. They call it the Rooster apparently. I figure that's my best chance to see a Habs game outside my dorm tv (who wants to stay in their dorms on the weekend?) because usually the crowds don't come in for Canucks games until later obviously. Although if you're not a Canucks fans more often then not you're a Canadiens fan here, especially if you're older. Anybody not growing up with the Canucks is a Habs fan. Although there's a few leaf fans here, but as i told the girl at the sports store at the mall "who wants to be associated with losers." haha so sensitive to the comment, gosh its just a team. lol feisty

But, saturday at 4pm at the local Swiss Chalet they've got a bar area with a huge big screen tv. They call it the Rooster apparently. I figure that's my best chance to see a Habs game outside my dorm tv (who wants to stay in their dorms on the weekend?)

Games over by 8 PM anyways, still plenty of Saturday night left then.

:rolleyes:

Ottawa?

meh - i was there was a team in the greater LA area that could use ones ...

:rolleyes:

okay so here's my schedule and mind you that i rarely see any habs games at all here on the west coast. TSN deserves to be banished from doing sports. poker poker poker poker wtf worst channel in the history of sports tv. I want to strangle the channel.

TSN has 13 Habs games this year, next highest Canadian team is 7. We really have the best TV coverage of any team yet people always complain :rolleyes:

TSN only shows poker late at night when no one's watching TV, they do the same with bowling. It's The Score that shows poker during hours when they could be showing something else.

TSN does a better job of reporting sports news then The Score or Sportsnet. Sportsnet is a terrible channel.

TSN only shows poker late at night when no one's watching TV, they do the same with bowling. It's The Score that shows poker during hours when they could be showing something else.

TSN does a better job of reporting sports news then The Score or Sportsnet. Sportsnet is a terrible channel.

ESPN and ESPN2 show poker all the time as well.

I think Sportsnet is correct, Connected is really nice, they show Premiership results.

And for a poker fan as me, I have absolutely no problem watching a poker game anytime of the day.

Thats the thing though, Sportsnet is reigon-oriented so the Sportsnet you watch is different from what I watch (for the most part, I know they have a national show and all that. It's alright, I like Martine Gaillard but everyone else is insufferable. Sportscenter is much better). Production value for Sportsnet West is terrible, they employ probably the worst hockey announcer in the world in Roger Millions who does Flames games.

poker late at night for the "centre of the universe" means prime time here on the west coast. TSN sucks, they have yet to split there feeds up into regions. So if they show poker, it is on late at night, everywhere.

Oh give me a break, when they show poker theres nothing else going on in the sports world. We have three sports channels to choose from, instead of whining about one choose one of the other two.

They don't need to split into reigons, Sportsnet already has the market on that. TSN is better off being Canada's national channel and letting Sportsnet deliver the reigonal news. Then you've got The Score when you need sports news ASAP.

I want something other then poker on.

plus if they are Canada's sports leader, they're too pro american leaning for my tastes. Seem to care too much about american sports. And I don't find there hockey presentation to be that good. Granted they might have the better announcers then the CBC, but the CBC has the better overall production.

I dunno, everytime i turn on tsn i want to punch the tv. lol

Edited by Pierre the Great

I want something other then poker on.

plus if they are Canada's sports leader, they're too pro american leaning for my tastes. Seem to care too much about american sports. And I don't find there hockey presentation to be that good. Granted they might have the better announcers then the CBC, but the CBC has the better overall production.

I dunno, everytime i turn on tsn i want to punch the tv. lol

Too pro American? How so? They are Canada's leader in nationally televised hockey games as well as CFL coverage...

at least come up with opinions that have some weight behind them...

off the record pines for an NFL team.

the station is too wannabe espn, even though it is owned by espn. Its espn-lite, still full of espn arrogance.

when i watch the channel I personally feel like I'm watching something from the United States. Same goes with anything on CTV from there news and how its delivered to there all american programming and newsnet is a joke. They don't feel like they have an independent voice, their canada is only the size of Toronto. (although the love the Sens)

basically they're overrated.

I think Jets win worst GM of the Year this year.

I mean I barely beat him last year :lool:

gosh that was fun

Atleast I don't have the distinction of being kicked out for being a moron.

You're on that island all on your own, my friend.