3 Habs make the Allstar Ballot

Bacchus

All three deserve to be on the team - Markov and Koivu have already proved they should be anyway while if Huet can play more like he did last night against Buffalo and less like he did against the Leafs, he should have a good shot at going for the second year in a row.

I think Koivu is going to have the hardest time cracking the lineup. Crosby, Spezza, Lecavalier, Staal, Briere . It's tough competition at center.

Huet has a good shot, especially since Brodeur and Miller are having off years. I think it will be huet, Lundqvist and maybe gerber who get it.

Markov i think is a shoe in. He's leading defensemen in pts.

Also, i think if Markov and Huet make it, a third habs would be really tough.

Has Saku ever been in All-star? If not I hope he sneaks in. It is a tough ballot at center but if the habs are rolling at the top of the heap come voting time it should help...

He was an All-Star in 1998, and was voted into the 2003 game but didn't play due to injury. I don't think Koivu has much of a chance, barring an offensive explosion that would see him out-pointing his rivals at center.

If it's fan voting, and Koivu's on the ballot - I don't see why ever Habs' fan out there can't get him on the team! :D

Meh, save it for the 2009 game in Montreal, where the Eastern starting lineup will be Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev, Markov-Hamrlik and Price. :hlogo:

Seriously, though, Markov should be there easily. He's overdue for a selection, and I think he stands a shot at making the starting lineup with Campbell.

Shocked that Gonchar is not on the ballot, though. That's really, really weird.

I would love to see all three but as long as Markov goes I will be happy.

I agree. Markov is LONG overdue for the recognition

Meh, save it for the 2009 game in Montreal, where the Eastern starting lineup will be Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev, Markov-Hamrlik and Price. :hlogo:

Seriously, though, Markov should be there easily. He's overdue for a selection, and I think he stands a shot at making the starting lineup with Campbell.

Shocked that Gonchar is not on the ballot, though. That's really, really weird.

That was HILARIOUS!

Makov has to be there.

but is saku in the top 4 C in the east. I don't think so...

It's more about a top 12 forward than a top 4 C. Also, they moved back to giving 1 selection per team last year (that's why guys like Perreault were there), so I doubt we get 3 All-Stars.

In all honesty no.

He is not the type of player that should be there like Anton Volchenkov.

Agreed....all-star games are for offensive defensemen...not solid shut-down D-men. I'd rather see a guy like Sergei Gonchar at the all-star game than a guy like Roman Hamrlik.

Agreed....all-star games are for offensive defensemen...not solid shut-down D-men. I'd rather see a guy like Sergei Gonchar at the all-star game than a guy like Roman Hamrlik.

....or a journeyman like Rory Fitzpatrick. ;)

The interesting thing is Hamrlik used to be a big time offensive blueliner for quite a long time.

Seems like over the years, he learned a thing or two positionally and that is his strength at this point in his career.

He's actually been in 3 allstar games - 95, 96 and 03

The interesting thing is Hamrlik used to be a big time offensive blueliner for quite a long time.

Seems like over the years, he learned a thing or two positionally and that is his strength at this point in his career.

He's actually been in 3 allstar games - 95, 96 and 03

Let's not forget that Hamrlik does have 8 points in 14 games. If he keeps up this pace, he'll finish with 48 points, which is pretty damn good for a "defensive" d-man!