Prospect Report - Nov 12th

Bacchus

Why? Fisher will never be a top 4 guy. However he looks to be a solid defenseman who can move the puck, very smart, skates very well. He is not overly physical but he does hit and use his body well to win battles.

He will definatley need a year in Hamilton to play on the smaller rink. Minnesota plays on an Olympic size rink.

Fisher is getting better his last game he had a couple of assists he is still very skinny and needs to bulk up he was a project pick he has a lot of potential but a lot of work has to be put into his devlopment.

Wow not a word about Wyman?? He has 9 points in 5 games this year! Timmins is very enthusiast about this 2003 100th pick.

He's in the article .. just his name isn't highlighted for some reason.

- Over at Dartmouth, right wing J.T. Wyman, who is in his fourth year with the Big Green, has gotten off to a blazing start with seven points in just three games. Teammate and fellow Habs prospect Joe Stejskal has yet to find his way on to the scoresheet. The defenseman is in his rookie campaign at Dartmouth.

He's in the article .. just his name isn't highlighted for some reason.

- Over at Dartmouth, right wing J.T. Wyman, who is in his fourth year with the Big Green, has gotten off to a blazing start with seven points in just three games. Teammate and fellow Habs prospect Joe Stejskal has yet to find his way on to the scoresheet. The defenseman is in his rookie campaign at Dartmouth.

Oups, must have skipped a paragraph :wacko:

Thanks CaliHabsFan

Why? Fisher will never be a top 4 guy. However he looks to be a solid defenseman who can move the puck, very smart, skates very well. He is not overly physical but he does hit and use his body well to win battles.

He will definatley need a year in Hamilton to play on the smaller rink. Minnesota plays on an Olympic size rink.

He definitely has top 4, if not top 2, potential and that's what they were aiming for when they drafted him. His numbers have been disappointing so far though and it seems like other guys are passing him on the depth chart. I still have hopes for him to be a top 4 NHL defenceman though.

In four years, i would expect a depth chart like this.

1 Komisarek

2 Emelin

3 Mcdonagh

4 O'byrne

5 Subban

6 Valentenko

7 Weber

8 Fisher=Gorges

This is a lot of D prospects, it's time to grow on offense now.

Where is Markov?

In four years, i would expect a depth chart like this.

1 Komisarek

2 Emelin

3 Mcdonagh

4 O'byrne

5 Subban

6 Valentenko

7 Weber

8 Fisher=Gorges

This is a lot of D prospects, it's time to grow on offense now.

No1 will still be Markov. In 4 years he'll be 32.

Fisher will probably be a late bloomer. He's still growing, so we will only see his real NHL potential when he'll be physically mature.

I think its to early to tell how these young guy will develop. Especially in the cases of Emelin and Valentenko. It'll be hard to tell how they will adapt to the N-A style and culture.

Moreover, injuries often have a role in the development. Look at JP Côté. Had he not injured his knee in the 2006 training camp, he would have played in mtl last year... Now he's way down the depth chart and will never play for the montreal canadiens (well it would be very very very surprising)

The rankings were more my vision of what is gonna the pool of defensemen.

Markov contracts wil be over and there is no reason we would't sign him, however it was delibarate

because we never know for sure with free agents.

I believe Komisarek will be offered a very long contract next year.

Guys like JP Coté never shown as much potential or grit like all these prospects have shown

at the camp. He would have been a depth defensemen.

I even didn't put Carle name on the list because he never prooved anything yet

but even him could be ahead of Fisher.

My point is more that with so much talent down the line at defense and a superstar goalie for the next ten years

we can target offensive talents.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new topic, but has anyone in North America noticed Heino-Lindberghs progress in the Elitserien?

In Hockeykväll (Swedish version of HNIC) a coupple of weeks ago the expert analysis was tasked to rank the goalies. Heino-Lindberg was fourth. It should also be mentioned that the standards of the goalies in Elitserien probably never has been better.

They also made an interview with Heino-Lindberg, and shocking news, his dream club to play for would be Nashville Predators! He could be the only player on the planet dreaming about hockey in Nashville. The explaination?

Heino-Lindberg is also a label contracted musican.

I see your point. I really hope we'll target offensive talent! We need a first line C to replace an aging Koivu in 3-4 years max

This team needs to draft one type of player, GOAL SCORERS. With our strong D prospects and Price in net the problem will still exist that we dont have any true goal scorers on this team or in our system. We need a guy who can score 40+ goals.

This team needs to draft one type of player, GOAL SCORERS. With our strong D prospects and Price in net the problem will still exist that we dont have any true goal scorers on this team or in our system. We need a guy who can score 40+ goals.

they also need size and grit. if pacioretty pans out, this could be covered but it'd be nice to have another big offensive foward to compliment him.

they also need size and grit. if pacioretty pans out, this could be covered but it'd be nice to have another big offensive foward to compliment him.

I dont disagree, size is important... but when was the last time this team had someone capable of 40 goals or 100 points in a season. Im of the opinion that this is the key player to our success. We have lots of great talented players in our system, I just think that this shortcoming is what will hold us back long term.

• 4 weeks later...

pacioretty is very physical on the boards, he reminds me of Smyth alot. he also doesn't hold the puck at all, it's on his stick then a quick pass or a shot. He also has great speed. Don't let the Jr championship ice time or play fool you. He was used on the fourth line. Michigan he plays PP, PK and on the top line, he will be a player. He didn't play the weekend series, the announcers didn't say if he was hurt or sitting out from jet lag.

I went to the Wisconsin DU game on Saturday night, I got to see McDonagh play. They blew out DU Saturday and had a tough loss Friday due to a bad call as time expired. He is a great skater, smooth and a great first outlet pass. He is actually alot more physical then i thought he would be, he had a spear and roughing penalty and was pushing people around at times. He did have a Souray moment and got undressed on Friday night. He does wander a bit in his own end from time to time. He is going to be good. Maybe only a year or 2 away from the 3rd pairing spot behing Markov and Hamrlik. He is a LD

I went to the Wisconsin DU game on Saturday night, I got to see McDonagh play. They blew out DU Saturday and had a tough loss Friday due to a bad call as time expired. He is a great skater, smooth and a great first outlet pass. He is actually alot more physical then i thought he would be, he had a spear and roughing penalty and was pushing people around at times. He did have a Souray moment and got undressed on Friday night. He does wander a bit in his own end from time to time. He is going to be good. Maybe only a year or 2 away from the 3rd pairing spot behing Markov and Hamrlik. He is a LD

Maybe, but he'll only be the ripe old age of 20 in two years. He'd probably have at least a year in the AHL after he leaves college, and who knows when he'll do that.

Maybe, but he'll only be the ripe old age of 20 in two years. He'd probably have at least a year in the AHL after he leaves college, and who knows when he'll do that.

I remember when he was drafted there was some speculation that he could leave school for the AHL after only one season. It will be interesting to see if Bob is able to entice him enough to leave or if he takes the O'Byrne route and plays a few college seasons before moving on.

I remember when he was drafted there was some speculation that he could leave school for the AHL after only one season. It will be interesting to see if Bob is able to entice him enough to leave or if he takes the O'Byrne route and plays a few college seasons before moving on.

I hope he makes the jump right away but its not urgent.

we have enough depth in hamilton for him to stay there another year.

how ever, I wouldn't mind Max pacioretty to make the jump next year.

Keeping sides (LD - RD) in mind...

LD - RD

Markov - Komisarek

McDonagh - O'Byrne

Valentenko - Fisher

Emelin - Carle

_____ - Subban

_____ - Weber

That's good depth right there...

As for wingers, Habs are loaded for the next couple of years...

Higgins, The Kostitsyns and Latendresse will take 4 spots for the next 10 years. Pacioretty & D'Agostini should join them too. Afterwards you've got a load of centers you can move to the wing: Lapierre, Russel, Maxwell, Fortier, White...