Game Thread | Montreal vs. Maple Leafs | 11/13/07

Spider-Man NL

Terrible period. Good kill on the 5on3, and nice to get a late goal to tie it up. Have to agree on giving the Pleks line more icetime. And bench the Cube. Just watching Wellwood on the 2nd goal. Hopefully they can steal one in the 3rd. Price is the only one keeping the Habs in the game.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question now is.. can the fire burn in the third?

It'd better. I want paint peeling off in the visitor's dressing room. Saku... Carbo... do your jobs.

The good news is that raycroft looks pretty shaky out there, giving up a lot of fat rebounds. If the habs play a good period and can swarm the net they could be well rewarded.

The #1 line is really flat though, If they start the period with a lousy shift, if I were Carbo I would quickly shake things up, switch ryder with lats, even if just one of them gets fired up by that change it's a good move.

Actually, i disagree.

What happened to generate that goal? Pissed off Canadiens players playing with passion and adrenaline. It's like when a team is down one goal and they put everything into it in the last 2 minutes of the game -- they play with desperation and fire in their eyes. For a few short moments, Habs played with that to come back from that second goal.

Nice call. Tons of pressure on the laffs to get the goal back was the key.

Thanks god TO's PP is terrible. That 5 on 3 could of buried us big time.

And yes, Ryder has sucked for the past 17 games, adn you see it's starting to reflect on Koivu's and higgins' games. I'll bet that Ryder won't get much ice time in the third!

GO HABS GO!!!!

I wonder how he'd fare on an energy line with a guy like Kostopolous or Begin or Dandenault basically pushing him to work hard all the time.

Up tempo shifts might just snap him back into shooting first, thinking later.

All right guys. I want all of you to say a little prayer to the Hockey gods(1, 2, 5, 7, 9) so that our boys actually show up in the third period. This second period was simply pathetic! The Leaves are lucky, we need to out work them. If the boys can do that, we should win this game!

And yes, Ryder has sucked for the past 17 games, adn you see it's starting to reflect on Koivu's and higgins' games. I'll bet that Ryder won't get much ice time in the third!

GO HABS GO!!!!

Well, you are not really prognosticating there, considering Carbo said he will continue to put Kosto on the 1st line in the 3rd period. Certainly for tonight, that whole line has stunk and Ryder cannot be singled out.

Actually, i disagree.

What happened to generate that goal? Pissed off Canadiens players playing with passion and adrenaline. It's like when a team is down one goal and they put everything into it in the last 2 minutes of the game -- they play with desperation and fire in their eyes. For a few short moments, Habs played with that to come back from that second goal.

If they play like they did in the 2nd...not a hope in hell

In 9:18 of icetime Bouillon has 2 penalties and was on for both goals. I'd have to say that any icetime is too much icetime for the Cube.

Hope to see Gorges in the next game.

Maybe Bouillon will prove me wrong and snipe one in the 3rd. Nothing would make me happier.

OK, enough ref rant. You all get the picture.

I wish the Habs would stop trying passes that will be intercepted by swipe pokes when we gain their blueline. More puck possession is required on those plays. Toronto is forcing our wingers behind the net and our wingers are not attempting to penetrate enough. Their center is in the slot defensively or the D is doing that to protect from our attack. 3 men back for them. Our cycle along the boards has to get better and we definitely need to penetrate the slot more.

On defence, I'd suggest settling down the puck when it helps. Our D have to get it out and get it up to center ice better.

Leefs are running our goalie and they are doing it legally or getting away with it. I say it's time to try it on Raycroft.

I wonder how he'd fare on an energy line with a guy like Kostopolous or Begin or Dandenault basically pushing him to work hard all the time.

Up tempo shifts might just snap him back into shooting first, thinking later.

Hey, stop stealing my post content, it's called plagiarism.