You should like to the main index of the forum from habsworld.net instead of "Habs Talk", since I'm seeing a whole lot of off-topic posts there that are moved. Do users even realize there are other boards that exist?

Also, have you considered password protecting the forum? Nobody can view it until they sign up for an account? This is unpopular but it's safer and may create curiosity.

[Edited on 2005-1-3 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Ribeiro

You should like to the main index of the forum from habsworld.net instead of "Habs Talk", since I'm seeing a whole lot of off-topic posts there that are moved.  Do users even realize there are other boards that exist?

Also, have you considered password protecting the forum?  Nobody can view it until they sign up for an account?  This is unpopular but it's safer and may create curiosity.

Idea #1: We had been linking to the board index before, but it was decided that we should link instead to the main habs talk forum (since it is the most popular forum) . I think HW users are smart enough to figure out we have more then 1 forum, we've got links everywhere.

Idea #2: We've tried it already, we password protected the forum and it resulted in alot of new forum memberships, unfortunately only a small number of those members actually become regular posters, it seems as though most people prefer to browse/stalk this forum instead of participating in the conversation. Its understandble why this forum isnt as active as forums on other habs sites, the internet is filled with habs forums, and those forums have <u>loyal</u> users. This explains why the HW site is doing so well, its because we're almost one of a kind... no competition, unlike the forum....