Canadiens contract status...

puck7x

We actually have some great players making almost nothing.

Begin, Dowd, Bouillion

BUT

We have a few people making way too much:

Brisebois - 4 million!

Rivet - 3 million!

Theodore - 6 million !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to trade Theo.....one year left on his contract. Dump that 6 million, we can use it elsewhere.

Uh...6 million on Theodore is pretty good value. I don't know what sport you've been watching.

I don't understand people who think we should trade one of the top goalies in the league...I'd love to see some good, LOGICAL reasoning behind that.

Money I wished we weren't spending:

Dykhuis - 1.7 million ... WTF is THAT

Rivet - 3 million ... WAY overpaid for his abilities. Should be making Dykhuis' money...

Brisebois - 4 million ... Should be making 3 - 3.5 probably. Certainly not our worst salary, but not good either.

If we resign Dagenais, or have him back then I'll say whatever he is making is too much. I've seen industrial league players with more talent...ugh.

[Edited on 2004/5/7 by Zowpeb]

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Uh...6 million on Theodore is pretty good value.  I don't know what sport you've been watching.

I don't understand people who think we should trade one of the top goalies in the league...I'd love to see some good, LOGICAL reasoning behind that.

Money I wished we weren't spending:

Dykhuis - 1.7 million ... WTF is THAT

Rivet - 3 million ... WAY overpaid for his abilities.  Should be making Dykhuis' money...

Brisebois - 4 million ... Should be making 3 - 3.5 probably.  Certainly not our worst salary, but not good either.

If we resign Dagenais, or have him back then I'll say whatever he is making is too much.  I've seen industrial league players with more talent...ugh.

[Edited on 2004/5/7 by Zowpeb]

Brisebois makes so much partly because of seniority. You've been around long enough, you'll get a raise.

Uh...6 million on Theodore is pretty good value. I don't know what sport you've been watching.

Simple, Theo is not a top goalie.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Simple, Theo is not a top goalie.

Says who? Are you blaming it on him that we got out of the 1st round this year? Because if we had garon in the 1st round we would've been swept. Theodore came up with some outstanding saves and same in the 2nd round but what is he supposed to do when you have 1 of the worst defense in front of you. Look at all the terrible turnovers the defensive lapses with 1 minute to go. Theodore has proven time and again that he can carry a team on his shoulders if thats not a top notch goalie that i don't know what is.

If you trade Theodore were going to have a losing team for the next 10 years. Garon isn't that good wow he had a few good games let me see him do that on a consistent basis. The games he has put up good numbers you see the rebounds he gives up it's crazy. Trading Theodore is a step in the wrong direction. He's only 27 years old goaltenders step into their prime around 28-32. So lets trade a goaltender whose won at every level he's played on won trophies at ever level and has been an all-star at every level for a backup goalie? Hey and lets not forget take a look at the teams that backup goalies played against a majority of his wins are against crappy teams. Who are his career shutouts against a crappy atlanta and washington?

If we trade Theo we have to replace him with another #1 goalie and Garon does NOT fit that description YET. Given more time -- and more playing time-- Garon may yet blossom into a legitimate #1, but it is my guess that he will do it with another team-in a season or two as BG uses what he will bring to improve the team:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/5/10 by PMAC]

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even think about trading Theo. He's one of the best young goalies and even though he's overpaid he's the backbone of this team. Plus 'magine what the (crazy) french media would say. Not only would Theo get death threats, like he already did, but also Gainey. But knowing Gainey anything is possible to him no matter what the results are, good or bad.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Is Sundstrom even a free agent?

Yes, he is an RFA.

But don't they have to pay something for a RFA?

The HABS have the rights of Sundström if he is a RFA and so MoDo has to "trade" for him ... :?-

No, restricted free agency only applies to NHL and NHL-affiliated teams. Unless Sundstrom accepts the Habs' qualifying offer, assuming the qualify him, Sundstrom can go play in any league he chooses.