Game Thread | Montreal vs. Sabres | 11/16/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, baring a Sabres collapse, this one is done. The Habs don't look very good at all, and that is the 2nd game in a row. If they thought they could play like they did against the Leafs and win all the time, Buffalo just showed them how wrong they are.

And hey, even better, play like crap and help a division rival get out of their slump... :(

Another one of those games in Buffalo, where the puck is bouncing all over the place and then - right onto a Sabre stick. I swear they got that ice fixed. ;)

Habs have more shots, but Sabres are getting all the bounces.

Edited by chase the puck

Another one of those games in Buffalo, where the puck is bouncing all over the place and then - right onto a Sabre stick. I swear they got that ice fixed. ;)

Habs have more shots, but Sabres are getting all the bounces.

The Sabres are getting the bounces, but they're working harder for them.

Montreal can also take a lesson on how to protect a lead. While Buffalo is all back on the defense, they still look to make nice passes out and keep attacking. They have had more chances in the 3rd then the habs typically get in a game.

yup. Terrible game. Players really only showed up with some chances in the second. While we were playing awfully in the first, Huet didn't bail us out, which is what you hope for from your goalie. But the whole team has been playing pretty bad for a couple of games now.

Hope the Kosto experiment on the first line is over. We NEED Offense!!!

What's wrong with the first line, anyway? At what point do we start becoming 'deeply concerned' with their non-performance? :wacko:

I don't know why people are surprised. Koivu is not a ppg player over a season, nor is anyone else on the first line. They have a bunch of good games, everyone gets all excited, then slump for a bunch of games, everyone is upset, and repeat.

The fact is we don't have players so good that we should be surprised if the suck for 4 games out of 10. Top end players get a PPG by consistently being good, or at least being stunningly good at times.

If we are lucky we will have one line going most games, enough to win with strong goaltending and a bit of luck.

The other thing is we have not been scoring much 5-5 and if you noticed, in both this game and against Toronto, they didn't get hardly any PP time.

Really just a lacklustre and dissapointing effort by the Canadiens tonight. Guess that insertion of Kostopolous on the 1st line wasn't much of a help.

How many line combo's did Carbonneau go throough tonight. I can count atleast 15. Not exactly a way to create chemistry amongst players. How about somebody with some talent on the first line like maybe Grabovski or Latendresse instead of Kostopolous.

Huet was dissapointing as well again. Probably should have stopped atleast 1 and maybe two of those goals. Price gets the next start, and probably should get more work. Hes the better goaltender right now

Credit to Buffalo and Lindy Ruff. They played a great game

Edited by kaos

I'm nominating this for most boring post of the year.

It'd be even more boringer (it's a word now dangit) if Glenn Healey was doing the colour (not color, cause I'm Canadian) commentary for it.

Btw, I think 95% of Habs' fans commited suicide after tonight's game. There's only four people currently viewing the boards, and that's including 'Google.com'.

Well that was one horrible game. Good timing Bruins, we always manage to beat those guys!