Game Thread | Montreal vs. Sabres | 11/16/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they almost had me too. Another miserable no show. I just don't understand how they think they can get away with not showing up.

Prediction: A habs leader will say "We didn't work hard enough, we will have to be better" We know all that, how about actually doing it.

Can someone tell Higgins and Koivu the season is still going on.

They will lose 4 straight. you heard it here fist.

Atleast i can say my favorite saying "the lazy slugs are back"

Worst 5 on 5 team in the league. Enuogh said

They are starting to look just like last year.

I hope they prove me wrong but "i've seen this fish before"

Extremely disappointing game.

We need a scrap!!!!!!

I was saying the same thing. Why was there not a fight in this game? Of all the games to fight in, this one was it. No clue why the Habs fight when they are winning, but wont start a fight when they are loosing to wake the team up. A fight wouldnt mean a Habs win, but it probably would have got them more in the game. The entire team just all seemed to be somewhere else and a fight would have snapped them out of their collective day dream and reminded them they are playing a hockey game.

The Buffalo coaches and NHL scouts have clearly done their job.

Game plan was simple, play your best line against Montreal first line.

Play your best defense against second line.

Always go on the Streit side, he will let you the space to do the play, his legs are not moving, always give up

on the puck to take position and cannot defend his position.

Shoot a lot in the first, played last night third period could be a problem, not if your leadind 4-1.

People here are throwing rocks at Bouillon but Streit is our worst defensemen since game 5.

Bring up O'byrne, put Streit up front, he was better there last year and he still can playpower play point.

Everyone take it easy. Yeah, they took a nice big dump in the bed. It's just as well in a way. Since they played without the ethic or desperation the Sabres had; they lost.

I do not want the Habs to become complacent. The "mirror stares back hard" today. I doubt we were going to go 8-0 against the Sabres anyway. Besides, would we all rather have the Habs looking solid but actually not really being that? Do we want it to be like last year where the problems to be identified were discovered too late? A little egg on our face here and there helps BOb to do a proper analysis anyway.

I will say this; why do we always have trouble with Toronto? Seems to me it's the aggressive forecheck. Well, last night the Sabres had 3 deep sometimes - we have to work on this for sure!

Hopefully we are smarting just as the Sabres were yesterday morning. Hopefully they respond

Extremely disappointing game.

I was saying the same thing. Why was there not a fight in this game? Of all the games to fight in, this one was it. No clue why the Habs fight when they are winning, but wont start a fight when they are loosing to wake the team up. A fight wouldnt mean a Habs win, but it probably would have got them more in the game. The entire team just all seemed to be somewhere else and a fight would have snapped them out of their collective day dream and reminded them they are playing a hockey game.

Peters was mouthing off at the bench, he called Latendresse out, nothing. They all acted like they were scared. I'm mostly bummed at what a Pu$$y Latendresse is ending up to be. He's huge.........he doesn't have to be a scrapper but some emotion and intensity would be nice.

I missed the first period (turned on the TV to see a nice 0-3 score, yay). From what I gather the sabres had done their scouting and went to town on the weak 1st line and scored 3 quick goals. I guess Huet had a weak period too?

The 2nd and 3rd periods were pretty even, maybe with the habs even holding an advantage in play, but that 4th goal killed the game (VERY bad goal, 4 habs around the net standing around watching 2 sabres have their way, terrible D). Then for the Sabres Miller held down the fort and played a good game, stopping a lot of quality chances that would've beaten a lesser goalie. Figures the habs were due to run into a hot goalie eventually after besting so many teams with their own.

Either these first liners need to find their defensive game, or it needs to be broken up, it's just too much of a liability esp. since its not scoring, even on the PP.

Maybe Streit needs to go back on the 4th line, put him on the point on the PP.

I think this was a definite trap game. We came off a big win, playing against a team who was playing back -to-back nights. Easy win right? Except Buffalo has been playing well and is DESPERATE for a win. We got outplayed, as is obvious.

That being said, we sucked against TOR last game too. If we lose at home against the Bruins, then I will be worried, since we own them. (Isnt that how our slide started last year?)

Side note: for all of the Ryder bashing, there is elsewhere to look. Lats & Smoke = dead weight.

They haven't played a good game since Philly. They were lucky to beat the Leafs. You sjhouldn't ONLY call out Lats for intensity. Atleast he hits. EVERYONE was sleep walking.

Maybe since they are only use to playing hard 10 games a year they burned out already.

The first 10 games there was team toughness and work ethic, now it's gone.

Is it XMAS already?

I agree that Streit is our worst Dman atm, even though everyone was blaming Bouillon after the sens game, Streit was the worst one giving up most and missing most plays. I think that in a few years our D will look great and thanks to that our whole team will look great but right now our top 3 are good top3 dmen but the rest really stinks and still they get loads of icetime. Lucky for me though is that Im only a fan and dont really know as much as the coach does so I bet Carbo see's something I dont.

Just throwing this out, is this Carey Price's chance?

Even though Huet is the number 1 and stood on his head again, yes I think it is. I agree with what Maguire was saying towards the end of the game last night, as a foundation goaltender...certain building blocks are needed for a winning team and Carey is just so solid.

Also agreed with, and was personally thinking this myself before he mentioned that we need another true scorer in the top 6 because it isn't getting done. Perhaps if Ryder gets going this will solve the problem, but he and Latandresse are not quick enough IMO.

What do you all think of the colour guys being in between the benches? Does it affect the players at all?

Even though Huet is the number 1 and stood on his head again, yes I think it is. I agree with what Maguire was saying towards the end of the game last night, as a foundation goaltender...certain building blocks are needed for a winning team and Carey is just so solid.

Also agreed with, and was personally thinking this myself before he mentioned that we need another true scorer in the top 6 because it isn't getting done. Perhaps if Ryder gets going this will solve the problem, but he and Latandresse are not quick enough IMO.

What do you all think of the colour guys being in between the benches? Does it affect the players at all?

don't think i would describe last night as huet standing on his head...

hehee Maca, you put it in the Sabres thread...

I didn't even title it right. It's a recap, not a preview, lmao. Too excited I guess.

*Le sigh*

They're at just about the same amount of pages and everything too, hehe. Alright, guess I'll have to spam it in the proper one as well. :P

don't think i would describe last night as huet standing on his head...

I agree. Huet & Ryder were below average in this game despite what some people will say.