Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 11/19/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big diff betweens these teams is defense, imo.

Both goals were displays of bad defensive coverage by the Habs.

Even in the flurry by Montreal, very few shots either hit the net or were not blocked. Most shots on Gerber have been right in the pads, easy shots. No one is picking the corners on him, etc. That is why we lack finish.

To Ottawa's credit, its not each getting a clean shot at Gerber right now.

Anyone watching RDS?

Claude and Yvon are really quiet tonight, I'm falling asleep here LOL

I noticed too. Did somebody die? The building is quiet too. I expected a great game tonight and this is disappointing so far.

If anybody thinks Latendresse looks remotely like an NHL forward out ther, they are watching a different game than me. He has made no progress. His drive to get the puck is very much lacking too...useless.

Took 10 seconds into the PP and Ottawa had a guy alone in front of Huet with the puck. spezza in fact.

If the habs don't play better defense in their own end, they are going to be blown out.

Yep. The Habs aren't playing well in their own zone. Some adjustments need to be made. Not that I'm blaming Huet for the goals, but he's looking a bit shaky out there. If this team calms down and plays how they can, they'll capitalize on the Sens' turnovers. It ain't over yet.

Lotsa shots each way, but the Sens have had the much better chances. Could easily have 3 or 4 more. The Habs D looks really weak tonite. Maybe it's just the Sens speed. Brisebois looks really slow out there. Gotta get Higgins going. Maybe try Grabs with Koivu see what happens. Just a thought.

I noticed too. Did somebody die? The building is quiet too. I expected a great game tonight and this is disappointing so far.

If anybody thinks Latendresse looks remotely like an NHL forward out ther, they are watching a different game than me. He has made no progress. His drive to get the puck is very much lacking too...useless.

Players let Lats get to the puck first, then just hold him to the boards and take the puck from him.

For a guy with his size, he can't be very strong. Koivu is far more dangerous along the boards then Lats. Even ryder is better at winning those battles.

Wow, 16 shots, couldn't beat Gerber. Did we come close?

Gerber has looked solid, and the OTT defense is collapsing in front of him. We'll need to do better.

Period summary: Sens scored early, Habs tried to come back and hard. Despite the first goal by the sens in the opening 7-8 minutes, Habs were all over the Sens and had several long stretches where the play was exclusively in their zone. Despite that, they couldn't capitalize. Then they seemed to lose confidence and the Sens took advantage of it, scoring a second and getting awfully close to more.

Better hope the Habs come back stronger defensively or this game will end real soon.

I really can't comment on the goals, cuz I have yet to see them, but sometimes a goalie has gotta make a "big save" you know stop one that shouldn't have been stopped, goalies do it enough to us. Huet has been great for the most part this season, but it seems like he just goes into these mini slumps frequently where he can't make the Big save.