Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 11/19/07

Spider-Man NL

Ottawa is clearly the better team...but the Habs have no choice but to steal some points from them over the course of the season. Can't afford to go 0-8 against them!!!

Definitely. Just need some lucky bounces and we can take them.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see the Habs at the #2 spot this week in the TSN power rankings.

#1 is Ottawa LOL go figure :)

The thing that kills me is the consistency of the habs. The Saturday night game was on for them.

Tonight ... well looks like they had a hard practice just before the game tonight.

Dandy-Chips are a damn good PK combo. Chips is so calm and savy with the puck in the D zone and Dandy's got a knack for creating turnovers in the neutral and offensive zone with his speed. If they stay together all season long and get more chemistry you'll start seeing more PK goals from them, no doubts.

Fourth goal where the habs blew the coverage.

But I am sure people will post "get rid of Huet, put Price in".

Huet made a great play to make the first save, imo.

Well if the Habs drop this one tonight their records will be

Huet - 6-5-2

Price - 5-1-1

We lose more than we win with Huet in the cage. And there can be no Huet plays the harder games argument. Price has not been coddled in any way.

I don't think Huet is shit, but i feel better when Price is in the game already. It has nothing to do with tonight, I just like

the way he his calm and composed at all times, I like that he does not give up big rebounds (the way the D is playing lately

that is important) and I think he handles the puck alot better.

If their records stay like this the media will grab it and run with it. Guaranteed.

Nice open-ice hit by Kovy and Alfie 1on1.

Our sloppy play in front of our net dictated our loss tonight, but I'm heartened by the fact that we battled for the entire 60 minutes. The Sens deserved to win, but if we keep this intensity up, we'll do quite well for ourselves.

Well if the Habs drop this one tonight their records will be

Huet - 6-5-2

Price - 5-1-1

We lose more than we win with Huet in the cage. And there can be no Huet plays the harder games argument. Price has not been coddled in any way.

I don't think Huet is shit, but i feel better when Price is in the game already. It has nothing to do with tonight, I just like

the way he his calm and composed at all times, I like that he does not give up big rebounds (the way the D is playing lately

that is important) and I think he handles the puck alot better.

If their records stay like this the media will grab it and run with it. Guaranteed.

Right, but i still think that has more to do with the team, not the goalies. they have both been solid.

and Price has had easier games. Did Huet not play 3 against the Sens. Three losses? (or did Price play one? )

Take out those games and what is the record?

Two years ago, the Senators were my second favourite NHL team (behind the Habs, far behind, of course, but still).

Today, they are my second most hated NHL team.

3-0 over us, and they spoil our #19 retirement night.

Karma paid the Leafs a visit after their early-season victories over us, it will do the same to the Sens, who think they're the new england patriots. Their bubble will burst sooner or later, and i'm betting on sooner.

Right, but i still think that has more to do with the team, not the goalies. they have both been solid.

and Price has had easier games. Did Huet not play 3 against the Sens. Three losses? (or did Price play one? )

Price played the first one, thats where his regulation loss came from 4-3

I just watched the highlights again. Before anyone slams a goalie (price or huet), please watch the goals.

tonight, I have to lay the blame where it belongs, the team defense.

On the bright side, the Habs didn't get blown out tonight, they just could not contain the Sens in the slot. The are not the only team with that problem either.

Price beat Pittsburgh twice, Toronto (something Huet cannot do) and Boston twice. The only game he lost was the Ottawa game.

The Atlanta game he was the only reason they were in it.

He has not had an easy sched. People were complaining early on that they were giving him tough games and it could ruin him.

The kid was outstanding in Toronto, in Boston, in Pittsburgh and at home against Atlanta.

I am not calling for Huets head. I just feel better when Price is in net. I think Huet is a good NHL goalie who when Hot steals games.

Only consolation for this game:

Kovy made Alfailsson taste the cold open ice with his Soviet Elbow of Justice in the dying seconds of the game.

At least it wiped off the smug look on his face for a couple of moments.

Go ahead and win the President's, Sens, you'll choke come playoffs, as you always do. I put my faith in you last season, i won't make that mistake again.

/frustration

Price played the first one, thats where his regulation loss came from 4-3

Thanks.

So at best, neither goalie has been able to shut down the Sens and imo, its not their fault. In fact, the closest we came was the last game where Huet stood on his head most of the game. (the 40 minute attempt to protect a one goal lead).

If they are going to beat the Sens, it will be from a better team effort.