Time for an enforcer

Sledneck

After watching last nights game its pretty evident that we need someone who can drop the gloves and do some damage, sure some guys dropped the gloves and tried, but kostopolous isn't exactly striking fear into guys who beat on our younger players, there where many instances last night that should have been addressed with a good beating of a boston player but it never happened..... the habs are a young talented team get a guy or two in there to protect them! its only a matter of time before we lose someone to a stupid injury because teams are gooning are small talented players

Get us a goon and let him sit in the stands most nights, but when we play a team full of boneheads have him in the lineup... send grabs down to the ahl and let the goon sit in the stands most nights.... there's enough enforcers aroudn the league i am sure gainey could grab one fairly cheap, or pick one of the many animals down in the ahl who would love to come up and do the job.... sign someone like Francis lessard, Kip brennan or Steve MacIntyre.... they are are all big guys who can throw (dont' know if they are already signed)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching last nights game its pretty evident that we need someone who can drop the gloves and do some damage, sure some guys dropped the gloves and tried, but kostopolous isn't exactly striking fear into guys who beat on our younger players, there where many instances last night that should have been addressed with a good beating of a boston player but it never happened..... the habs are a young talented team get a guy or two in there to protect them! its only a matter of time before we lose someone to a stupid injury because teams are gooning are small talented players

Get us a goon and let him sit in the stands most nights, but when we play a team full of boneheads have him in the lineup... send grabs down to the ahl and let the goon sit in the stands most nights.... there's enough enforcers aroudn the league i am sure gainey could grab one fairly cheap, or pick one of the many animals down in the ahl who would love to come up and do the job.... sign someone like Francis lessard, Kip brennan or Steve MacIntyre.... they are are all big guys who can throw (dont' know if they are already signed)

The Hf Bruins forum, you'd have thought Beantown won the game how excited they were to beat up on our players. We have to play these guys a lot, get a goon I say, just for the games we need him, Gratton is on waivers two or three days now we might have missed him but yeah, I don't like fighting but as long as other teams do we should think about it . . .

Latendresse is big, if he were to develop a punch, Montreal fans would love it! Plus he's sorta "hot," no? ^_^

OHMYFUCKINGGODGUILLAUME.jpg

I say get Daniel Carcillo from Pheonix, he has 4g, 4a, 18gp, 85pim, and he can fight!

youtube him, he's great!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

The Hf Bruins forum, you'd have thought Beantown won the game how excited they were to beat up on our players. We have to play these guys a lot, get a goon I say, just for the games we need him, Gratton is on waivers two or three days now we might have missed him but yeah, I don't like fighting but as long as other teams do we should think about it . . .

Latendresse is big, if he were to develop a punch, Montreal fans would love it! Plus he's sorta "hot," no? ^_^

OHMY######INGGODGUILLAUME.jpg

Ya he looked pretty hot doing a face plant into the ice after pretending to take on CHARA, while Kovalev was still adjusting his helmet strap and fixing his hair. It's bad enough watching a player get dummied but it's even worse watching the player watch himself get dummied on the scoreboard and cringe in disgust of his own beating.

Ya we need muscle in a Cris Neil, chris Nilan frame. Muscle with a little skill. I wish Begin was a little tougher. Carbo and Muller looked pretty pissed last night after #### got a beating. I'm hoping they were pissed to the point of taking action. Jimmy Bonneau is around but every video I've seen him in he gets worked. Don't think he is the answer.

Ya he looked pretty hot doing a face plant into the ice after pretending to take on CHARA, while Kovalev was still adjusting his helmet strap and fixing his hair. It's bad enough watching a player get dummied but it's even worse watching the player watch himself get dummied on the scoreboard and cringe in disgust of his own beating.

Ya we need muscle in a Cris Neil, chris Nilan frame. Muscle with a little skill. I wish Begin was a little tougher. Carbo and Muller looked pretty pissed last night after #### got a beating. I'm hoping they were pissed to the point of taking action. Jimmy Bonneau is around but every video I've seen him in he gets worked. Don't think he is the answer.

I wish we got Georges Laraque when we had the chance...

This has been a hot topic around here for years. Many of us have screamed for one while others insist it is a waste of roster space. I think we are seeing a trend developing here, teams know we have nobody that is scary physically. Yes, we can out skate most teams, posess an improved transitional game, solid goaltending and a PP that will kill you, but we have to protect these young guys or they will become timid and we will lose big time. I will state it again, therer has always been a reason for these guys. This is the reason. Protection. Kostitsyn sould not ever have to worry about that crap. Pheonix is ripe for the picking and this kid would make the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jTR3MvFAc

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

no thank you. Boston has a bunch of goons so we need one because? In case you didn't notice, we still won the game last night... I hate the thuggery. I would hate to have one of these thugs on our team who's good for nothing else. At the same time, I worry about our players getting hurt, but they survived pretty good last night, didn't they? and as Johnnyhasbeen already mentioned, this has been discussed on here time and again. Don't we already have like 89 threads for this? why start a new one??

This has been a hot topic around here for years. Many of us have screamed for one while others insist it is a waste of roster space. I think we are seeing a trend developing here, teams know we have nobody that is scary physically. Yes, we can out skate most teams, posess an improved transitional game, solid goaltending and a PP that will kill you, but we have to protect these young guys or they will become timid and we will lose big time. I will state it again, therer has always been a reason for these guys. This is the reason. Protection. Kostitsyn sould not ever have to worry about that crap. Pheonix is ripe for the picking and this kid would make the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jTR3MvFAc

not the greatest fighter I've ever seen, but not bad. Do you have any vid of him actually playing hockey?

We do not need a useless player who can do nothing but fight. But I love bona fide NHL players who stand up for their teammates and drop the gloves. I mean, look at Kostitsyn, he had no chance in hell of beating Mark Stuart in a fight but he did it anyway. You've gotta admire that but it would be better if we had someone else who could do that for him. Georges Laraque? No thanks. Sean Avery? No way in hell. Scott Hartnell, Chris Neil, Ryan Smyth, Kevin Bieksa, Souray, etc? THese are guys you love to have on your team.

But I did love watching last night's game - those type of games always bring the team closer together. Gorges defending Price - great stuff. Latendresse defending Kovy - great stuff. Kostitsyn fighting for any reason - great stuff. We don't want to see our guys getting beat up regularly though. What we need is a Begin-type forward but bigger and more intimidating. I don't want a boxer on skates though.

no thank you. Boston has a bunch of goons so we need one because? In case you didn't notice, we still won the game last night... I hate the thuggery. I would hate to have one of these thugs on our team who's good for nothing else. At the same time, I worry about our players getting hurt, but they survived pretty good last night, didn't they? and as Johnnyhasbeen already mentioned, this has been discussed on here time and again. Don't we already have like 89 threads for this? why start a new one??

Agreed. Having goons in the line up and beating up on Kotsytsen and Kostopolous didn't win Boston anything in the end. The habs hit decently enough, we dont need a thug in the line up.

Agreed. Having goons in the line up and beating up on Kotsytsen and Kostopolous didn't win Boston anything in the end. The habs hit decently enough, we dont need a thug in the line up.

Will you say the same thing if kostitsyn breaks his hand defending himself, or Chara fractures lats face next time

Will you say the same thing if kostitsyn breaks his hand defending himself, or Chara fractures lats face next time

Exactly...I'd rather see one spot on the fourth line go to a thug in certain games. McGrattan hardly plays for Ottawa...he'd be a good one. Don Cherry swears he could chip in some goals if given a chance (take that for what it's worth).

Players are more likely to get injured by slashes or awkward hits than the situations you named. Plus how would having Laraque prevent Chara from sucker punching Latendresse or someone from grabbing Kotsystin? They could still get injured anyways.

A pest like Begin (or Avery, Tucker, Neil, etc.) taunting Chara into 3 minors in one period is far more effective for earning Ws than a boxing goon.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38160

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38161

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38162

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38163

If anyone calls that handling ourselves well in the physical department then they are delusional, could you imagine what would have happened if komisarek grabbed kessel or someone and pumped him the way staurt did to kostitsyn.... sure we they stood up for each other but they where completely manhandled in doing so, kostopoulus is going to get murdered if he continues to be our "heavyweight" the rest of the year....... the habs need someone that can do some damage thats the bottom line

Anyone think the habs already have an enforcer?

The powerplay? :) ( a guy on hf said that)

I know what you guys are saying though it would be nice to have a guy that can protect our smaller players but, Kostopoluos and Begin are willing to drop the gloves and Gui looks like he wont shy away. For the regular season it mght be a good idea.

I hate carrying a useless player.

But last night was nonsense. I love Kosti for what he stood up for, but it was senseless.

We need need a goon. Somebody who at worst makes the other team worry about consequence.

You may disagre. But I remember that nobody ran Roy because they were afraid of Todd Ewen. TODD EWEN!!

I am proud of Gorges and Cube. But our future is a 20 year old stud. And we should protect him like the Pens

do Crosby.

An eye for an eye

:)

I tell you, Carcillo from Phoenix, he isn't just a goon, he has 4g 4a better than most of our guys that can't fight. He could play regular on the 3rd line for us. Not a waste of space.