Hall of Fame?

Maybe it would be a cool idea to have a Hall of Fame of members who've been on the site. For guys like Faerie, Hannes and shortcat though I think the shorty's still around he just posts very infrequently. Also for guys like spidey, simonus and great posters once they leave.

Anyone agree? I just thought it would be a cool idea.

Maybe it would be a cool idea to have a Hall of Fame of members who've been on the site. For guys like Faerie, Hannes and shortcat though I think the shorty's still around he just posts very infrequently. Also for guys like spidey, simonus and great posters once they leave.

Anyone agree? I just thought it would be a cool idea.

do I have an expiration date?

Only if they retire and no longer post at all!

Yep, that's what I had in mind. Here's a shortlist off the top of my head:

beliveau1

dark_faerie

matsnaslundsuperfan

(shortcat1)

(Hannes)

Okay, it didn't turn ou to be much of a shortlist but there are definitely more. The first two on that list are done with this site, the last two used to be around a lot but now post once every few weeks whereas matsnaslundsuperfan posts once in a blue moon. I also used to like Howie_Morenz.

Anyways, does the idea have any support? We could have a button next to the top 20 posters.

beliveau1

dark_faerie

matsnaslundsuperfan

(shortcat1)

(Hannes)

Okay, it didn't turn ou to be much of a shortlist but there are definitely more. The first two on that list are done with this site, the last two used to be around a lot but now post once every few weeks whereas matsnaslundsuperfan posts once in a blue moon. I also used to like Howie_Morenz.

beliveau hasn't posted in a while, but he's logged on as recently as today.

P.S. You ought to also like another member, as Howie_Morenz isn't gone at all. ;)

beliveau hasn't posted in a while, but he's logged on as recently as today.

P.S. You ought to also like another member, as Howie_Morenz isn't gone at all. ;)

Huh?

Howie's last login date was December two years ago. Or is this just a joke I don't get?

Huh?

Howie's last login date was December two years ago. Or is this just a joke I don't get?

I think he means that Howie has been reincarnated under a new name.

I think we should put names not people into a HOF and so Howie should qualify IMHO.

Edited by Peter Puck

I think he means that Howie has been reincarnated under a new name.

I think we should put names not people into a HOF and so Howie should qualify IMHO.

Oh really?

Thats cool, I liked him when he was here. Glad he's back.

Whats the new username?

• 2 months later...

Bringing life back into an old thread I have just noticed. Now before you ask, Ya I'm slow sometimes so whats your point. :lol:

I believe when a member officially retires, it would be a unique thing to add to this site. Montreal is one of few sports franchises that have such a winning and storied history which honers great players retiring their numbers.

This site also is following the same pattern in that we complain and argue, yet do not stray from the faith in that the Habs will be champions once again. The joy of the winning threads, the banter in the HWL threads (my favourite) and the intersting posts from members world wide. We could just retire the names!

If a member does not retire, they are obviously honoured in their post count with appropriate ranking in "Top Posters" at the bottom of the screen. For those that officially are retired, it would be someting interesting to add to the front of the site.

beliveau1

dark_faerie

matsnaslundsuperfan

(shortcat1)

(Hannes)

Anyways, does the idea have any support? We could have a button next to the top 20 posters.

This seems pretty cool, however I don't know if faerie should be considered really... He was around for like a year, and pretty much had like 3453462456247256 posts, mainly about hot finish/swedish guys. Liked the habs, but was a fan of another team (Vancouver maybe? I kind of forget...)

Edited by habsfan88

This seems pretty cool, however I don't know if faerie should be considered really... He was around for like a year, and pretty much had like 3453462456247256 posts, mainly about hot finish/swedish guys. Liked the habs, but was a fan of another team (Vancouver maybe? I kind of forget...)

:(

Well Faerie was in HWL with me and I spoke to him a lot on MSN, not just about trades, he actually told me a lot of personal stuff. He was a good guy and one of my favourite posters ever from this site. He mysteriously disappeared one day though. Oh well.

And yeah, he was a Habs fan, just he lives in BC.

If this actually happened, faerie shouldn't be considered, he should be automatic. He was a great member. Very knowledgeable person, a great HWL GM (Isles are doing well right now thanks to some of his moves as well as Joe's) and a very articulate person. He used to send me a lot of his writing over MSN since we both have a passion for it, his stuff was great.

A cool dude overall, his eccentricites only added to the board. He was from BC but you mustn't of seen him post a lot if you think he was a fan of the Canucks. I think he hated them more then I do.

And Sweden is a hated rival of Finland. He hated everything to do with Sweden.

If this actually happened, faerie shouldn't be considered, he should be automatic. He was a great member. Very knowledgeable person, a great HWL GM (Isles are doing well right now thanks to some of his moves as well as Joe's) and a very articulate person. He used to send me a lot of his writing over MSN since we both have a passion for it, his stuff was great.

A cool dude overall, his eccentricites only added to the board. He was from BC but you mustn't of seen him post a lot if you think he was a fan of the Canucks. I think he hated them more then I do.

And Sweden is a hated rival of Finland. He hated everything to do with Sweden.

That is particulalry why he hated the Canucks. :lol:

That is particulalry why he hated the Canucks. :lol:

I thought he mainly disliked the Canucks for the same reason I dislike the Flames. Just happen to be an out of town fan whos sick of hearing about the home team from moronic bandwagon fans.

Atleast thats the impression I got from him.

I thought he mainly disliked the Canucks for the same reason I dislike the Flames. Just happen to be an out of town fan whos sick of hearing about the home team from moronic bandwagon fans.

Atleast thats the impression I got from him.

Oh if you only lived in LEAFS err... I meant Toronto. Raptors, BlueJays rule but it is all Leafs all the time.

I am glad their is the internet as T-Dot media is just bad!

• 6 months later...