Max Pacioretty Off to a Great Start

MAK

I saw a few games of Michigan's this year. Pacioretti plays on the top line, plays PP and Pk and is on the ice at the end of close games. He can really skate and isn't afraid to play the body. Seems pretty smart in all 3 zones.

I saw a few games of Michigan's this year. Pacioretti plays on the top line, plays PP and Pk and is on the ice at the end of close games. He can really skate and isn't afraid to play the body. Seems pretty smart in all 3 zones.

heard he could be a bigger version of higgins. hope he does good but lets not getcarried away,here.

keep us posted!!

heard he could be a bigger version of higgins. hope he does good but lets not getcarried away,here.

keep us posted!!

He's not really like Higgins in that he has the opposite offensive skills, he's a real impressive passer but his shot needs a good deal of work. In the games I saw he seems to be firing it right at the goalies chest. I haven't really seen him deke like Higginis but I have seen him throw some big hits and he's got impressive strength.

keep us posted!!

La Presse said he looked just like Eric Cole ( YAAAAAAAAA )

While the habs were choking again last night night i watched Michigan and Wisconsin. So i got to see both Pacioretti and Mcdonagh play.

Pacioretti is going to be a player. that can can skate. I beleive he had 2 assists and was on the ice all 3 goals. The Eric Cole comparison is a good one. He reminds me more of a young Ryan Smyth who can skate. The college game is played a little different so he doesn't play around the net as much as Smyth does but he certainly works the boards well. He may only be a year or 2 away. The puck just follows this guy around.

McDonough is a great skater and passer. His shot is always on the net and makes very good decisions. He didn't lose one battle he was involved in that i saw last night. Very solid in his own end and makes good clearing passes. He is probably a year or 2 away.

• 2 weeks later...