Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 11/21/07

Spider-Man NL

Well still over 3 minutes to kill on that Komisarek penalty that will be huge.

Like I said, like clockwork. In control, then take 2 penalties giving them a 5 on 3 and they have to kill off a double minor to start the period.

They rarely just coast to a 4-0 victory. More often than not they will make us all sweat with a 5-3 win into an empty net.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the type of wins that get me excited about this team, but I continue to rail in my enthusiasm.

I did not expect that good of an effort tonight, but they have continually surprised me this year.

Good rebound, let's sweep Buffalo :clap:

Wow, this game sure seems to have passed under the radar. 5 pages only, smallest game thread ever?

Shame too, considering the favorable outcome. 4-1!

Great job guys.

Must be nice for Higgins to score in front of family and friends!

Wow, this game sure seems to have passed under the radar. 5 pages only, smallest game thread ever?

Shame too, considering the favorable outcome. 4-1!

Great job guys.

Must be nice for Higgins to score in front of family and friends!

I can't believe I did not start Higgins in my hockey pool. He always scores in Long Island

Edited by Wamsley01

I can't believe I did not start Higgins in my hockey pool. He always scores in Long Island

Yeah that + the fact he scored last game = definite goal this game.

Good win today.

I knew Huet would come out strong after a so so performance vs the Senators.

Great game by the boys tonight! Nice to see higgins score on the road...it was almost a given that he would score. he has 7 goals in 6 games vs the Islanders in his career!

I can't say that anyone played bad. overall solid effort by teh boys, even though they slowed down a bit in third, but with a 4 goal lead who can blame them!?

Let's go to buffalo and kick some sabre ass!!

Good solid game. Huet was awesome (I can't believe someone would bitch about a goal on a cross slot pass going in). 45 shots, 44 saves.

Begin was hot tonight for sure, good to see.

Sweet move by Higgins on that goal.

A much-needed win...setting up another important game against the Sabres. Great to see Begin score twice, and Higgins send the friends&family home happy. Kovy needs a goal next game though...I don't want him to fall off of pace for 40.

I didn't see the game. But the SOG are worrisome given that the team was supposed to recommit itself to defence tonight. Can anyone who actually saw the game explain that - ?

I didn't see the game. But the SOG are worrisome given that the team was supposed to recommit itself to defence tonight. Can anyone who actually saw the game explain that - ?

Habs got up 4-0 and the shots were fairly even. Even though the Isles had close to 30 shots they didn't really have a lot of scoring chances through 2.

Huet made a couple of big saves when they were up 1-0. At the end of the second period with the Habs up 4-0 the Isles had a 5-3 and Komi got a double minor for high sticking. The third was a bunch of Isles PPs and the Habs sitting on their huge lead.

Nothing to be worried about. A strong game. More shots but a lot better effort than the Ottawa game.

Edited by Wamsley01