2008 U-20 World Junior Championship/Habs Thread

Athlétique.Canadien

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahocke...1&id=208540

USA roster to be released on December 4th.

http://www.iihf.com/

IIHF website.

Prospects that could possibly make the cut are:

USA

David Fischer

Max Pacioretty

Ryan McDonagh

CANADA

Ben Maxwell

Ryan White

Please feel free to add to the list of players I may not have considered.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll root for Canada but I really hope the the americans do well!!

are the swiss in the tournament ?? If so, GO WEBER!!

If all 5 were to make it , what does that say for our depth?

Q : Gainey=Pollock ?

Time will tell but nice to see our future looks bright!

Not bad considering we are graduating a class at the moment. Not to many teams can say they have that kind of depth.

IN BOB I TRUST !!

I could do a web search and investigate how Maxwell and White fare on making Canada's squad but Hockey Canada's website and their decisions are too under wraps and annoying to research. It becomes wilfing.

It's highly likely neither will play for Canada. I hope I'm wrong. Weber is a cool development too. :clap:

Prospects that could possibly make the cut are:

USA

David Fischer

Max Pacioretty

Ryan McDonagh

CANADA

Ben Maxwell

Ryan White

Please feel free to add to the list of players I may not have considered.

Weber is a lock for the Swiss team

Pacioretty imo is a lock for USA it's his last year to play at the U-20's

Doubtful Maxwell even gets invited to the camp next month as he's only played 11 games this year and is still injured.

White I fully expect him to get an invite to camp, we'll see if he makes the team

Not sure if Fischer or McDonagh make the team, Fischer the good news is that he is playing better, don't know if that will be good enough though, McDonagh I hope he makes it, if not he should be a lock next year.

White I fully expect him to get an invite to camp, we'll see if he makes the team

He'd better pick his game up if he wants to go, I'll be very surprised if he gets an invite. 23 in 20 is alright but not enough for the WJC. The Hitmen overall haven't looked great up until about a week ago. They were playing some ugly, ugly hockey in October.

white could fill a role on the fourth line. I dont know if he's fast enough, though.

If the team we send isn't near identical to the Super Series team (with the obvious NHL players missing like Gagner), I'll be surprised.

I just think theres a lot better talent to make Team Canada. Chris Stewart isn't even being considered and he's a better prospect than Ryan White. And this is coming from someone who's been to multiple Hitmen games this year. I should really get season tickets again. Haven't for the past couple years.

• 2 weeks later...
how long is the tournament? gosh dang it, i leave the country when a big tournament happens.

Usually the last week of December and the first week of January. First game is always on either Christmas or the day after. This year we start off against the host Czechs on Boxing Day and the tourney runs until the 5th.

You're gonna miss out Pierre, I think we're the only country that makes a huge deal out of this tournament.

Usually the last week of December and the first week of January. First game is always on either Christmas or the day after. This year we start off against the host Czechs on Boxing Day and the tourney runs until the 5th.

You're gonna miss out Pierre, I think we're the only country that makes a huge deal out of this tournament.

I'm sure it's pretty big in europe.

IMO this tournament is often more exciting than the stanley cup finals.

True. But it could become less exciting once the NHL players won't play the Olympic Games in a few years.

On the other hand, I remember Kariya against Forsberg and DAMN Olympics were HOOOOT at this time!

On the other hand, I remember Kariya against Forsberg and DAMN Olympics were HOOOOT at this time!

yeah I still remember THE goal by Forsberg.

I've heard from Euro's who have been here following their country that we make a much bigger deal about it then anyone in Europe. Theres a reason they decided to let Canada host it every other year.