Game Thread | Buffalo vs. Montreal | 11/24/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team can be very good but it is primarily a young team growing into its future. For most fans it is not quick enough I understand that because we all want another cup but the constant negativity of fire carbo shoot gainey and send so and so to the minors just gets me down. I thought this was a habs fan site I can go to the leafs site to hear how bad we are. I am here to support the habs and talk to other habs fans who actually care about the habs and that does not mean absolute oblivion but it does mean accepting reality as it is not as made up in some fantasy league. :ghg: :ghg:

so.. a habs fan should see no wrongs? no areas for improvement? no struggling players?

The Habs are a young team, but it needs better players. I have seen no signs of any of our young guys being locks on first line star down the road. We need to trade for one...

In the mean time, is it too much to ask that this team play hard?

I have to admit, watching tonite's game was very frustrating. The effort was just not there and the team isn't skilled enough to float by. Koivu definitely seems to be struggling right now. Ryder, not accomplishing much. And when the 3rd and 4th lines aren't chipping in, it's tough to get a win. Expected more out of Smolinski thus far.

After watching tonite, one of my main observations was how many faceoffs the Habs lost. Getting a PP set up from a won faceoff is crucial. Are the centres that bad, or do the wingers need to help out.

Hopefully, Tuesday against the Leafs brings out a better effort.

hey guess what

I AM A FAN OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY CLUB AND MAKE NO APOLOGIES.

1. I am on a messageboard.

2. I am entitled to my opinion

3. I don't like sunshine blown up my ass anymore than you like reality

4. You call me negative, I call you blind

5. You don't like my opinion, I could care less.

I don't need anybody to tell me how to be a fan. I have sat through glorious wins, I have sat through heartbreaking losses. I could give a shit how somebody I have never met views my value as a fan. I have great hopes for their future, but they have not brought strong efforts for weeks now. If you like it, enjoy. I am not going anywhere. I will go down with the ship, my criticizm is not leaving the ship.

Llike I said, burying your head in the sand is what Leaf Nation has done for over 40 years.

Bang on Wamsley. They just made Thibault look like Tretiak. You'd expect a better effort after last night. Especially after last night. No shots on goal for Ryder.

Edited by Habsy

Koivu really needs to get going. I do have some sympathy for him, as playing with a useless linemate can suck the life out of a guy (Kovalev went through it last season). Ryder should be a scratch vs. the Leafs.

I have to admit, watching tonite's game was very frustrating. The effort was just not there and the team isn't skilled enough to float by. Koivu definitely seems to be struggling right now. Ryder, not accomplishing much. And when the 3rd and 4th lines aren't chipping in, it's tough to get a win. Expected more out of Smolinski thus far.

After watching tonite, one of my main observations was how many faceoffs the Habs lost. Getting a PP set up from a won faceoff is crucial. Are the centres that bad, or do the wingers need to help out.

Hopefully, Tuesday against the Leafs brings out a better effort.

Don't count on it. The Leafs may suck, but they work hard. Their strengths, our weakness.

Price will probably have to steal one. They had every reason to raise their level tonight yet did not.

Shake up time. Bench somebody, switch up the lines or bring somebody up.

A message needs to be sent that mediocrity will not be accepted.

hey guess what

I AM A FAN OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY CLUB AND MAKE NO APOLOGIES.

1. I am on a messageboard.

2. I am entitled to my opinion

3. I don't like sunshine blown up my ass anymore than you like reality

4. You call me negative, I call you blind

5. You don't like my opinion, I could care less.

I don't need anybody to tell me how to be a fan. I have sat through glorious wins, I have sat through heartbreaking losses. I could give a shit how somebody I have never met views my value as a fan. I have great hopes for their future, but they have not brought strong efforts for weeks now. If you like it, enjoy. I am not going anywhere. I will go down with the ship, my criticizm is not leaving the ship.

Llike I said, burying your head in the sand is what Leaf Nation has done for over 40 years.

WOOPEE I am so happy for you Now if you can explain how complaining and bitching will help i will go with it. What you think Bob is reading this? BTW I love that you are on a message board I should care? You are entitled to your opinion I do not have to agree with it.

you have more up your ass than sunshine sonny

I see quite well thanks

A point we agree on.

I do not believe slagging the team on this site accomplishes any thing I will always be a habs fan no matter what. I know that nothing I say here will change anything about where the habs are going and I accept that we have the most high powered front office in the league. We will win eventually. All I can do as a fan is support them .You think you are accomplishing something? Good for you. Who has reality really?

Well, I know its early, but the way the team is playing lately...

"Its starting to feel a lot like Christmas.... "

Maybe they're trying to get a headstart on their Christmas slumping, in the same way that some people like to get their Christmas shopping done early? :puke:

so.. a habs fan should see no wrongs? no areas for improvement? no struggling players?

The Habs are a young team, but it needs better players. I have seen no signs of any of our young guys being locks on first line star down the road. We need to trade for one...

In the mean time, is it too much to ask that this team play hard?

My point is this will be a good team VERY GOOD. Bitching and complaining does not help. We are not a cup contender at this time we are all frustrated and I understand that but no trades will be made on this board unless one of you is named gainey SUPPORT THE TEAM ( it easier :ghg: :ghg: )

WOOPEE I am so happy for you Now if you can explain how complaining and bitching will help i will go with it. What you think Bob is reading this? BTW I love that you are on a message board I should care? You are entitled to your opinion I do not have to agree with it.

you have more up your ass than sunshine sonny

I see quite well thanks

A point we agree on.

I do not believe slagging the team on this site accomplishes any thing I will always be a habs fan no matter what. I know that nothing I say here will change anything about where the habs are going and I accept that we have the most high powered front office in the league. We will win eventually. All I can do as a fan is support them .You think you are accomplishing something? Good for you. Who has reality really?

Funniest post of the night. Thanks for cheering me up.

I imagine that a board that was full of inspirational quotes and Go Habs Go would be really exciting.

An exchange of differing opinions leads to learning, blowing sunshine up each others asses doesn't change the fact that it is still an ass.

I imagine that in 2000 you wore your Patrick Poulin jersey with pride and did not criticize a shit team, bury your head, put your hands over your ears and scream LA LA LA LA. It does not change the fact that this team shit the bed in back to back games and has played 3 solid games in the last month.

Message boards are an OUTLET. Pride, frustration, anger, joy. Get used to it, a well thought out opinion no matter how wrong will always get my respect.

A non rebuttal filled with condescension will get no respect from me.

Edited by Wamsley01

I imagine that a board that was full of inspirational quotes and Go Habs Go would be really exciting.

An exchange of differing opinions leads to learning, blowing sunshine up each others asses doesn't change the fact that it is still an ass.

I imagine that in 2000 you wore your Patrick Poulin jersey with pride and did not criticize a shit team, bury your head, put your hands over your ears and scream LA LA LA LA. It does not change the fact that this team shit the bed in back to back games and has played 3 solid games in the last month.

Anyone who lists Dennis Heron as a fave is out to lunch in my books. Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyone who lists Dennis Heron as a fave is out to lunch in my books. Just kidding, just kidding.

25-3-3 in 1980. And I was 7 :)

Edited by Wamsley01

My point is this will be a good team VERY GOOD. Bitching and complaining does not help. We are not a cup contender at this time we are all frustrated and I understand that but no trades will be made on this board unless one of you is named gainey SUPPORT THE TEAM ( it easier :ghg: :ghg: )

Bullshitting each other doesn't do much good either.

I view this like a bar.. you are sitting around with fellow fans and commenting on the team. If they are going great you are happy. When the team is sucking, you are pissed.

I get annoyed with people too, but only because they have stupid opinions. For example, if Huet lets one in, it never would have gone in on Price. The next game Price lets in the same kind of goals, and there is nothing but silence. I have no problem calling that out, but they still have a right to express their opinions, rigth or wrong.

You seem to take the view that it doesn't matter if they are right, if the comment is not favourable to the habs, it should not be made.

I would suggest that no one would even post on a board you seem to wish for, as there would be no point. Even when I disagree with people here I appreciate the debate. :)

Finally, let me suggest that while I have been a habs fan for my entire life, I am not married to the Habs. Unlike my wife, I don't have to lie about the habs to make them feel better about themselves. :)

No in 2000 I did not wear a patrick pussy sweater but I did suffer my embarrassment in silence because I understood that it would change and being the fan I am I knew I had to just live with the team as it was. i knew it would not stay the same and I understood that slagging the team would not help. Same as today I do not like that they lost but I do see positives. I choose to dwell on the positives rather than the negs. Hey we are just fans with different opions whatever I don't care I just want to support the habs that is what fans do imo

Finally, let me suggest that while I have been a habs fan for my entire life, I am not married to the Habs. Unlike my wife, I don't have to lie about the habs to make them feel better about themselves. :)

:clap: LOL, plus I agree with the rest of your post

Edited by Wamsley01