Game Thread | Buffalo vs. Montreal | 11/24/07

Spider-Man NL

Well, unless the refs start calling penalties against Buffalo the habs will probably lose. They are completely dependant on the PP for scoring (and even that is cooling off).

Meanwhile, the leafs are getting PP after PP and are going to lose anyway. Hard to make fun of them when the Habs are sucking too..

The Habs PP has been shitty for a while now they need to score evenstrength they are getting the chances but not finishing I wish they were more polished around the net.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chris is right about this team. They have definitely slid back to their previous form in the last month.

The first month consisted of Montreal getting alot of early leads and the only thing that kept them from a better start was

a tendency to blow games late. They were outhshooting opponents, getting great goaltending and working hard.

The results showed and things looked bright for the season.

They have stopped playing hard every night, they are rarely outshooting anybody anymore and are making brutal defensive giveaways again.

Other than the Isles game and 2 wins against the Bruins they are getting outplayed nightly and leaning on Price and Huet to steal wins.

Ottawa has outclassed them twice, they were lucky to beat the Leafs once who regularly have been destroyed by lesser teams.

The Sabres are on the verge of taking 3 in a row from them.

They now have 2 more games coming up against two teams who have owned them in the last 5 years.

I am trying to take things 1 game at a time, but I have not been satisfied with many efforts lately.

Kovalev had a great shift to finish it off. Let's hope he proves my disappointment wrong and the Habs come back tonight.

Jocelyn Thibault....Jocelyn Thibault :(

The Habs PP has been shitty for a while now they need to score evenstrength they are getting the chances but not finishing I wish they were more polished around the net.

That's because now teams cover Markov much more closely... and since no forward other than Kovy, Plex and Higgins will create anything, well...

Ryder is still struggling and Koivu looks terrible too, again.

One issue I see is that Higgins is capable of creating his own scoring chances and that is why he has points. Ryder is dependant on Koivu to set him up, so I don't see Ryder getting out of his slump the way Koivu is playing.

As much as ryder is sucking, he is making better passes then Koivu right now. I can't remember the last time Koivu managed to feed Ryder. (or anyone else). Higgins is basically flying solo out there...

I will say that Dandy is impressing me. I don't expect him to be scoring up a storm, but he sure is using his speed to create chances. keep it deep, and cause turn overs. Good role player.

That's because now teams cover Markov much more closely... and since no forward other than Kovy, Plex and Higgins will create anything, well...

Then I hope Carbonneau thinks abour using Kovalev or Kostitsyn on the point.

STOP BRING SO NEGATIVE!!! This game is not over. we will get together HELL we could be the leaves. SUPPORT THE TEAM :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg

You call it negativity, I call it reality. Put your head in the sand. If you like the way they have played the last 10 games then you are a fan of mediocre hockey.

Supporting mediocrity is more a Leaf Nation trait then anything.

Edited by Wamsley01

Anyone else find it ironic that Kovalev says in an interview after the first "we kept the lines together and we need to do that to develop chemistry".. and then carbo breaks up the first line the next period... :D

Edited by brobin

You call it negativity, I call it reality. Put your head in the sand. If you like the way they have played the last 10 games then you are a fan of mediocre hockey.

You are completely incorrect. I am a fan ofthe Montreal Canadiens I have been for over 40 years I will support the team implicitly but I realize they cannot be perfect every night. While I know they cannot win every night I look at effort and desire this team has desire and effort sometimes it don't work out. Some "fans " seem to think they can make decisions based on very short terms like lets fire Carbo because Sammy did not work out. This is bs . I beleive in bob and I believe carbo has done a very good job, I f you know anything about the habs you know they never want to make any changes mid season unless it is absolutely necessary ala julien. In short this is our team support it because it is what it is and complaining bitching whining and whatever does not accomplish nothing. Thanks for letting me rant but I am very tired of the negativity on this site and I doubt I will continue to post. I AN A FAN OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY CLUB AND MAKE NO APOLOGIES. :ghg: :ghg:

You are completely incorrect. I am a fan ofthe Montreal Canadiens I have been for over 40 years I will support the team implicitly but I realize they cannot be perfect every night. While I know they cannot win every night I look at effort and desire this team has desire and effort sometimes it don't work out. Some "fans " seem to think they can make decisions based on very short terms like lets fire Carbo because Sammy did not work out. This is bs . I beleive in bob and I believe carbo has done a very good job, I f you know anything about the habs you know they never want to make any changes mid season unless it is absolutely necessary ala julien. In short this is our team support it because it is what it is and complaining bitching whining and whatever does not accomplish nothing. Thanks for letting me rant but I am very tired of the negativity on this site and I doubt I will continue to post. I AN A FAN OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY CLUB AND MAKE NO APOLOGIES. :ghg: :ghg:

No one is calling for a firing or anything tonight. They are simply stating facts that Ryder and Koivu are sucking tonight and for a number of games the team has not put in a full effort.

I agree with you in general about some people on the boards but I have not seen it tonight.

As for this team, I still think they are a bubble team and the record was better then reality due to some timely PP goals. I do not believe this team has the talent to be in the top 10 in this league, over time. I don't want Gainey fired because it is clear he agrees with me, he just can't get the top line free agents to sign here.

hey guess what

I AM A FAN OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY CLUB AND MAKE NO APOLOGIES.

1. I am on a messageboard.

2. I am entitled to my opinion

3. I don't like sunshine blown up my ass anymore than you like reality

4. You call me negative, I call you blind

5. You don't like my opinion, I could care less.

I don't need anybody to tell me how to be a fan. I have sat through glorious wins, I have sat through heartbreaking losses. I could give a shit how somebody I have never met views my value as a fan. I have great hopes for their future, but they have not brought strong efforts for weeks now. If you like it, enjoy. I am not going anywhere. I will go down with the ship, my criticizm is not leaving the ship.

Llike I said, burying your head in the sand is what Leaf Nation has done for over 40 years.

No one is calling for a firing or anything tonight. They are simply stating facts that Ryder and Koivu are sucking tonight and for a number of games the team has not put in a full effort.

I agree with you in general about some people on the boards but I have not seen it tonight.

As for this team, I still think they are a bubble team and the record was better then reality due to some timely PP goals. I do not believe this team has the talent to be in the top 10 in this league, over time. I don't want Gainey fired because it is clear he agrees with me, he just can't get the top line free agents to sign here.

This team can be very good but it is primarily a young team growing into its future. For most fans it is not quick enough I understand that because we all want another cup but the constant negativity of fire carbo shoot gainey and send so and so to the minors just gets me down. I thought this was a habs fan site I can go to the leafs site to hear how bad we are. I am here to support the habs and talk to other habs fans who actually care about the habs and that does not mean absolute oblivion but it does mean accepting reality as it is not as made up in some fantasy league. :ghg: :ghg: