Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 11/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good recovery boys. I had a heart attack when Sundin tied it, couldn't believe it.

We still didn't play too great that game, until late in the third with the lead.

Its still upsetting the leafs came away with the point.

tucker probably nominated by sundin according to previous posts (something about swallowing)

:lol:

Good game, exciting towards the end, funny moments (rare in hockey) with the zamboni nonsense, and denying leafs 2 pts is always good.

Edited by Cataclaw

Good recovery boys. I had a heart attack when Sundin tied it, couldn't believe it.

We still didn't play too great that game, until late in the third with the lead.

Its still upsetting the leafs came away with the point.

I agree. I hate how we seem to need to re-learn how to play hockey every game lately. What happened to our fast starts? It's no coincidence that we were more successful when we played like that.

Leafs must thanks the referee for the 1 point they gotl... rushing to the goalie causing obstruction ... yea okkkkk whatever !!!... I give the leafs credit though outplayed the habs in many aspect but the end we got the extra point and that's what count! Ferguson worst GM I have seen but too bad we had our dark days as well with Rejean Houle & Mario Tremblay glad it's all over it's time for the leafs to taste it....

And once again am very pissed at the Habs giving other teams to comeback at the end of the game.... it's ridiculous, ain't expecting the team to go the playoffs with every single team out-shooting them.

Chips was a -2 on the night, but I thought he was a force to be reckoned with tonight. Far more effective than Smoke, generating scoring chances and being a good physical presence. Gotta love the future for this kid.

Speaking of kids, I thought Lats played a solid game. He brought a good element to that 1st "fourth" line, and I think with time we'll see more results.

And of course, the real kid, Price, was as solid as ever. He kept us in this game.

I agree, I thought Chips dominated down low and was a bull on the puck. Personally I expected the Leafs to come out hard and win the first period. The habs came out of the first still in the game. I thought they controlled the play in the second and I thought that they did not sit on the lead at all in the third.

They controlled the play, cleared the front of the net and kept the Leafs chances to the outside. A strong 19:45.

Then they broke down. Bang tie game. I believe that is the 5th time this season they have coughed up a goal in the last 5 that broke their back.

Pittsburgh, Florida, Toronto, Ottawa and Toronto. They have stolen exactly one point in this season.

Therein lies the problem with this team. They are sitting in a good position this year and they have choked up a ton of points. If all the bounces go their way they could be in the 30s this season. But, they have not played well for 2-3 weeks and everybody is panicking because this looks like a carbon copy of last season. Myself included.

But what this team has that last year does not is AK46, Chips and some big calm kid who is so good I get excited when the other team gets a breakaway.

A better effort that was bruised by hacking up a late game lead. I think we have found the Leaf kryptonite and his name is Carey Price.

Hey Carbo, let's see if that kryptonite works on the Devils.

Edited by Wamsley01

So did anyone else see the icing call that wasn't called even though the linesman had his arm up? Komi saw the linesman hold up his arm after the dump in so he tapped it. I swear this caused the tie. Everyone was expecting icing.

So did anyone else see the icing call that wasn't called even though the linesman had his arm up? Komi saw the linesman hold up his arm after the dump in so he tapped it. I swear this caused the tie. Everyone was expecting icing.
Yeah, I saw it. Agree. Once again another example of the foolish reffing going on in this league.

Ok I know Latendresse scored a goal but really I want to know how he played. Is he good enough to stick on the first line? Someone who watched the game and who knows a bit about player scouting, please answer.

I think he did quite well, was strong in the corners, worked hard all game. I wouldn't call him dominating, but I think he played well enough (combined with Ryder playing poor enough) for him to get a few more games up on the top line.

I think he did quite well, was strong in the corners, worked hard all game. I wouldn't call him dominating, but I think he played well enough (combined with Ryder playing poor enough) for him to get a few more games up on the top line.

I thought the line combos were great tonight. Lots of potential.

Here is a picture of the poster l<OV4L3V my friend Scott and I at the game tonight.

l<OV4L3V ended up getting kicked out just before the OT.

LOL strop throwing Skittles guys!

As for the one who want to know more about Tender's game, he played 2 or 3 times better than Ryder along with Koivu and Higgins.

As for the one who want to know more about Tender's game, he played 2 or 3 times better than Ryder along with Koivu and Higgins.

yeah watched the game and I agree, if Lats uses his size and goes to the net he's a solid addition to that line, which doesn't really need another finesse guy. We should remember Lats is still young and will only get better once he knows his role and what to work on.

Im definitely willing to give Lats a good go on the top line. He seemed to be exactly what Higgins and Koivu needed, a big body guy who could dominate down low and finish around the net. Im excited to see if we can get this line going now that Ryder is finally off of it.

I was probably outnumbered 20-1 at the student centre at my school,glad we pulled it out so i could have the last laugh hehe.

I wasn't impressed with the game. We can thank Latendresse, Markov, Kovalev and especially Carey Price fir the 2 points.

Had we played against any other of the 28 teams tonight, we would have lost. I'm really not convinced with the win tonight! Again we gave up more than 40 shots...46 to be precise, thankfully we have good goalies!

I'm not with or with-out on what your saying but please include Saku in your thank-you list.

Happy with the win, but missed the last 10 minutes and OT shootout. Left with the 3-2 lead and happy the Habs won, even though blowing it in the last minute. My thoughts on the 50 minutes i saw:

Price more than solid in the nets. Just a little upgrade on Abby.

Lats used his size well in the Leafs zone and got rewarded for it. Maybe he can add the physical element to the Koivu line. If he keeps up his physical play he just might have found a spot. Way to early to tell though.

Ryder -2 and sluggish, terrible giveaway in the Toronto zone, looking like his days in a Habs uniform may be numbered. I hope he picks it up, but don't think he's gonna score much on the 3rd line. Had a good chance in the slot earlier in the game and those are the chances he must capitalize on. Otherwise, not much use for him. Even if he is not traded, his salary could be put to better use next year.

I have to agree that Chips is looking better and better. Was a -2 on the nite, but not his fault. Definitely looks like a solid 3rd line centre for years to come. Great shutdown centre and maybe can get 15-20 goals a year.

What a difference a strong Kovy means to the club. Keep on getting him write-in votes for the Allstar game.

Keep giving Kostits icetime on the top 2 lines and good things will happen. Great talent out there.

I've been a solid Streit supporter, but weak effort on the Tucker first goal. Just not a great mix with Bouillon. Maybe if he got to play on his right side with a bigger, stronger, solid d-man, would help.

Could go on more, but a nice 2 points tonite, after struggling through a rough first period.

Lats looked like a run of the mill, 4th line player added to a struggling line. He took poor angle shots all night. He ran around in the corners. He didn't scare anyone. He didn't have any real dangerous offensive moves. He didn't generate changes.

His one goal was the result of Koivu going hard to the net and making a mess of things. Lats merely bashed at the puck and was lucky it trickled in.

While he didn't hurt the line, I hardly thought they were dangerous at all. In fact, the Ryder, Dandy, Chips line was far more dangerous all night int he offensive end.

If people think Lats is the answer to the 1st line in the long term, Lafleur will be right. We need Ryder going and we need Koivu and Higgins to pick up their games. That line should be flying in the other end creating dangerous scoring chances, not just grinding out a garbage goal once in a while.

Even TSN said last night that the Pleks, Kosty, and Kovalev line is the number one line in Montreal. The main reason is because Kovalev is playing like a number one line winger for the first time in a long time.

At the end of the day, they got 2 of the 3 goals (on the PP) and both goals in the shootout.

This talk of Lats reminds me of Leaf fans drooling on about Antropov for 5 years...

Happy with the win, but missed the last 10 minutes and OT shootout. Left with the 3-2 lead and happy the Habs won, even though blowing it in the last minute. My thoughts on the 50 minutes i saw:

Price more than solid in the nets. Just a little upgrade on Abby.

Lats used his size well in the Leafs zone and got rewarded for it. Maybe he can add the physical element to the Koivu line. If he keeps up his physical play he just might have found a spot. Way to early to tell though.

Ryder -2 and sluggish, terrible giveaway in the Toronto zone, looking like his days in a Habs uniform may be numbered. I hope he picks it up, but don't think he's gonna score much on the 3rd line. Had a good chance in the slot earlier in the game and those are the chances he must capitalize on. Otherwise, not much use for him. Even if he is not traded, his salary could be put to better use next year.

I have to agree that Chips is looking better and better. Was a -2 on the nite, but not his fault. Definitely looks like a solid 3rd line centre for years to come. Great shutdown centre and maybe can get 15-20 goals a year.

What a difference a strong Kovy means to the club. Keep on getting him write-in votes for the Allstar game.

Keep giving Kostits icetime on the top 2 lines and good things will happen. Great talent out there.

I've been a solid Streit supporter, but weak effort on the Tucker first goal. Just not a great mix with Bouillon. Maybe if he got to play on his right side with a bigger, stronger, solid d-man, would help.

Could go on more, but a nice 2 points tonite, after struggling through a rough first period.

Ignore the negatives on the Ryder, Chips, Dandy line. They were dominate in the other end. Both goals against them were at the end of their shift and the result of defensive mistakes. Kilger walks through Komi and Markov!!!! Hardly the fault of the forwards. The other goal was Streit who failed to clear it, again, so they could change and the lost his man on the goal.

Plus minus doesn't tell the tale, you need to evaluate why the goals went in and where the fault lies. In this case, I saw no issue with that line defensively. In fact, they didn't spend much time in their own zone most of the game.