Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 11/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't impressed with the game. We can thank Latendresse, Markov, Kovalev and especially Carey Price fir the 2 points.

Had we played against any other of the 28 teams tonight, we would have lost. I'm really not convinced with the win tonight! Again we gave up more than 40 shots...46 to be precise, thankfully we have good goalies!

I wasn't impressed with the game. We can thank Latendresse, Markov, Kovalev and especially Carey Price fir the 2 points.

Had we played against any other of the 28 teams tonight, we would have lost. I'm really not convinced with the win tonight! Again we gave up more than 40 shots...46 to be precise, thankfully we have good goalies!

nice negative remark

has Antropov ever scored a shootout goal wtf? why do they keep sending him out?

Same reason we put Pleks and Higgins out... Good scorers in principle, but horrible on SOs.

Eww... I just implied that Antropov was a good scorer... I need to go shower.

Edited by lazy26

Excellent. I called the win again. :D

It's clear that Carbonneau and Co. worked with the players in drills on puck possession and control. It's true there were gaffes tonight but it was improved (possession) versus the games against the Sabres. They have to work on the neutral zone pass some more. I'm not going to complain about this because they improved that aspect of their game.

OK am I wrong here or did the linesman not have his arm up on the icing when Komisarek touched up for icing and no whistle. This was followed by a broken play and Koivu not taking the shot. This drama would not have occurred if the linesman would have blown the play down like he should have.

Chips was a -2 on the night, but I thought he was a force to be reckoned with tonight. Far more effective than Smoke, generating scoring chances and being a good physical presence. Gotta love the future for this kid.

Speaking of kids, I thought Lats played a solid game. He brought a good element to that 1st "fourth" line, and I think with time we'll see more results.

And of course, the real kid, Price, was as solid as ever. He kept us in this game.

I don't know why we have trouble beating the leaves but we do. Thank god we got our ass in gear after the 1st brutal period. As to why this team sits on 1 goal leads, it is pretty simple the team is mostly grinders and the coaches (rightfully so ) want them to play defence first and offence second. so when you come to the last 5 five minutes what do you think they are going to do? suddenly turn into an offensive dynamo that they are not? Pitts and washington have far more offensive talent than we have, how are they doing? oh that 's right they have no goaltending and the defence is a little suspect. sometimes we got to dance with the one that got us here. I would also like to see them come out flying at the end but that causes chances for the other team and they won't do that nor should they. :ghg: :ghg: