Hello - NEW to the board

I've been a long time poster at habfans. This is my first post on this site and just wanted to start of by saying hello.

While I have a clean record at habfans (no penalties) in over 8000 posts there were issues beginning with a certain referee who was trying to goad me into a penalty. He attacks people until they defend themselves and then he penalizes them for 'baiting' (meaning they piss him off because they don't agree with him or worse, are optimistic) and in some cases actually bans them when they question him (they don't know he's a ref). Complete mis-use of power. So I decided to leave and not give him the chance. The owner of the site is a really good guy but I'm not going to start crying to him about one of his refs and start that nonsense.

My crime? Overly optimistic. Basically I don't look at our team this year as a team that can go all the way (however habs teams in the past have pleasantly surprised me....86 - 93) but I do see where the core of the team has improved and with all the young guns coming up, some who will be with us a long time and others trade bait, I believe that if not by next year, then certainly the year after we will become an elite team much like Ottawa did and remain there for many years to come. Bob has been building this team on solid ground but it's a long slow painful process (obviously). But the same for Ottawa. Their fans had to endure many a last place finish. Actually if we have of finished last a couple of times we would have one or two major impact players we dream about from the draft. But I guess we didn't 'suck' enough.

Looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas.

And as always... Go Habs Go 24cups.gif

Edited by Glory Days

I've been a long time poster at habfans. This is my first post on this site and just wanted to start of by saying hello.

While I have a clean record at habfans (no penalties) in over 8000 posts there were issues beginning with a certain referee who was trying to goad me into a penalty. He attacks people until they defend themselves and then he penalizes them for 'baiting' (meaning they piss him off because they don't agree with him or worse, are optimistic) and in some cases actually bans them when they question him (they don't know he's a ref). Complete mis-use of power. So I decided to leave and not give him the chance. The owner of the site is a really good guy but I'm not going to start crying to him about one of his refs and start that nonsense.

My crime? Overly optimistic. Basically I don't look at our team this year as a team that can go all the way (however habs teams in the past have pleasantly surprised me....86 - 93) but I do see where the core of the team has improved and with all the young guns coming up, some who will be with us a long time and others trade bait, I believe that if not by next year, then certainly the year after we will become an elite team much like Ottawa did and remain there for many years to come. Bob has been building this team on solid ground but it's a long slow painful process (obviously). But the same for Ottawa. Their fans had to endure many a last place finish. Actually if we have of finished last a couple of times we would have one or two major impact players we dream about from the draft. But I guess we didn't 'suck' enough.

Welcome, this is a great board with a lot of knowledgeable passionate fans. Enjoy

I hope you know before posting in the game threads, you must shave your nuts and eyebrows as initiation and then post the picture. Otherwise you are not welcome here...........

Just kidding!!!! Nice to meet you!

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

I hope you know before posting in the game threads, you must shave your nuts and eyebrows as initiation and then post the picture. Otherwise you are not welcome here...........

Just kidding!!!! Nice to meet you!

WHAT ?!?! kidding !?!?! you mean i posted that for nothing !?!?!

WHAT ?!?! kidding !?!?! you mean i posted that for nothing !?!?!

thats ok Joe...we didn't see much !!! :lol:

enjoy your time here, glory days !!

Thank you all..... Once I get over my depression, I will start posting. Right now, I just want to kill Carbo. Great player but as a coach he leaves me scratching my head.

What is obvious to most is not too him. Why did it take him so long to bring up Lats and O'byrne? And why the hell doesn't he sit the real culprits that are not contributing instead of warriors like Begin and Kostop?

Sit Breezy, Cube, Smoke (especially) and even Streit but nooo..... Breezy gets increased time and smoke moved to the first line(???) ...arggg .. as a player / coach for 15 years it makes no freaking sense. I could take anyone at random of this board and they would coach better.

IF it was up to me, smoke and all the other firewood would be gone. I'd go with out youth even if it meant missing the playoffs (and getting a better pick). Other teams put their kids on the lineup but not us....unless it's 4th line and pressbox. He cries he needs offense well S Kost deserves a shot imo.