• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/1272

Price will face the Devils

by Kevin Mio

Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau has confirmed rookie goaltender Carey Price will start Friday at New Jersey.

It marks the second time this season Price has played back-to-back games. The last time occurred Oct. 27 and Oct. 30, when he faced Pittsburgh and Atlanta. Price defeated the Penguins but lost to the Thrashers in a shootout.

"I don't keep track of those things," Carbonneau said. "Before, (Price) was in the net for one and we had to know what he could do. Before we would go back to him, he had to prove he could win. Now, due to the circumstances we're in, he's playing back-to-back games."

Cristobal Huet is expected to start in net Saturday, when the Canadiens entertain Nashville.

The Devils

The Devils

The Devils

220px-Seinfeld_Ep_109_The_Face_Painter.p

Hopefully Mr. Face Painter won't be yelling in 24 hours. WE NEED TO GET THESE GUYS' NUMBER IN THE REGULAR SEASON. FUN'S OVER BRODEUR! And as always, thanks Spider-Man NL. I haven't thanked you in a while but sometimes I perceive that genuineness sometimes is lost due to repetivity.

Spider-Man NL :clap: Thanks

GO :hlogo: GO

I know superstitions in hockey are silly, but i compiled some statistics for fun:

Habs are 11-2-3 when i catch the game (tv or radio). Compared to their 13-8-3 record, that means they have an 86% of winning when i watch the game.

Also, when the season overview thread is updated before a game, they have a 72% of winning.

When i catch a game at a public place (cage or other restaurant/bar), the Habs win 100% of the time.

Conclusion:

If both the season thread are updated and i watch the game in a public place, they have an 91.6% chance of winning.

Good news, the season thread is updated and i'm watching the game tonight at a bar tonight with some friends! ;)

I know superstitions in hockey are silly, but i compiled some statistics for fun:

Habs are 11-2-3 when i catch the game (tv or radio). Compared to their 13-8-3 record, that means they have an 86% of winning when i watch the game.

Also, when the season overview thread is updated before a game, they have a 72% of winning.

When i catch a game at a public place (cage or other restaurant/bar), the Habs win 100% of the time.

Conclusion:

If both the season thread are updated and i watch the game in a public place, they have an 91.6% chance of winning.

Good news, the season thread is updated and i'm watching the game tonight at a bar tonight with some friends! ;)

science rules

This is going to be a real hard win for the Habs.

You guys are saying the Habs can never beat the Devils. You are correct but i have a feeling that the Habs will turn it around and will start to beat the Devils regularly. My reasoning is that the Habs always lost to the Devils at their old home in New Jersey. Now there is a new arena for the Habs to start winning in. I'm hoping at least. I think once the Devils left their home they left the majic of somehow always being able to beat the Habs.

They have never seen Carey price as well so that could be an advantage.

Go Habs Go

I usually HATE playing NJ too because of our terrible record against them, but I'm actually cautiously excited for this game. I'm really glad Price is getting the start. It'll be a good test to see how he does with Marty Brodeur at the other end of the ice.

It's funny too, on Habsinsideout, they had an audio clip from interviews in the dressing room, and Pat Hickey says to Chris Higgins, "You've never lost in their building" and Higgins starts laughing and then he gets the joke (since they've never played in this new building) and goes "what's he saying? What's that crazy old man saying?" lol...

Conclusion:

The Habs win 100% of the time when I pull it during 1st intermission. :lol:

Ah man I crack myself up.... All jokes aside. We do need to put our sights on Ottawa and go for it hard core. There are just too many teams like Boston, Leafs, Devils etc... too close for comfort. If they start leap frogging over us we are in trouble. Let's cushion the lead with a 6 or 7 game winnig streak starting TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Cataclaw, If what your saying is true,you better continue this system for the rest of the year. same for Johnnyhasbeen. Are you making "THE CALL"?

wow, habs have not beat the devils in nearly four years . . .

I don't wanna sound like a party pooper, but not only have the Habs not won in Jersey in 4 years, but their record in Jersey since 1993 is a pathetic 1-20-4. Yes ladies and gents, that's 1 win, 20 losses and 4 ties.

The only thing the Habs have going for them is tha fact that the Devils have never seen Price and the fact that Price was benched by Sutter in theworld juniors 2 years ago(in favor of Pogge) so it might turn out to be a extra source of motivation for the kid. :clap:

Edited by Habsfan

This will be boring, yet i will not miss this game for some reason.

First because we have a chance to get points there mostly because nobody expects us to win.

Le gros(Latendresse) is going to score one, i am prety sure about that. He scores in streaks and

mostly lucky goals, this is a good thing against Brodeur.

And Price is our road warrior.