the day gainey went to hamilton

MAK

I'd think Lapierre, but the fact that he hasn't been called up yet makes me think that the Canadiens are not enthused with his work ethic.

It's not his work ethics, it's the fact that he's been learning to play RW, something he scarcely done before.

Not to mention that there is always salary cap issues now that make call ups much more complicated for every team in the league. Habs already carry 2 extra bodies, so calling someone up (Lapierre or anyone else) means one more body paid to be left in the stands.

I'm guessing the Habs are waiting for someone to get hurt first before calling someone up.

Quick question. I thought Lapierre was centering a line between Stewart and Ferland? If he's switched to RW, who's centering the line now??

supposedly(sp??) he was asked by gainey to learn to play right wing but lever plays him as a centre..go figure...

supposedly(sp??) he was asked by gainey to learn to play right wing but lever plays him as a centre..go figure...

Yeah, I remember Gainey saying that if Lapierre wanted a job in Montreal it'd likely be as a RW. With Smokes being passed on the depth chart by Chipper and likely on waivers before the trade deadline, maybe Lapierre still has a shot as a 4th line centre. Any idea if Lever has been able to teach him how to improve on faceoffs??

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Lapierre

Maybe that'd make for an interesting trio, but I doubt they call him up just to 'try' it, heh.

But maybe they should call him up to put inject a little spark.