HW Forum issue - Colour

I've noticed that some of the formatting options aren't working; mainly colour. Now I don't want to turn this into a racial issue, but this forced monochromatic outlook for the boards does call into the question the prejudice of our HW founders. What is it, sakicq? DO YOU NOT LIKE RED TEXT?!?!? DOES ORANGE MAKE YOU SICK!?!?!?

Now edit your post a few times, try centering, etc. and it will go black and not centered. One problem I noticed in Trizz's was that for some reason there was HTML code for centering, which he didn't put in there. I've noticed that code in a couple other posts the last couple weeks also.

Hey, don't diss the Alberta flag.

Although it looks stupid on a red hockey jersey.

right on, but how can i not diss this ugly flag, seriously, it is ugly. I'm not saying Quebec's one is beautiful, but more than Alberta's one...

flag_thu.jpg

man there is even a UK sign on it. :puke: Nova Scotia is my favourite.

cool quiz : associate each of them with the right province :

CDNALL.JPG

you mean this ugly patch on the shoulder ?

new%20flames%20jersey.jpg

dude thats our flag... you really want calgary fans hating you more than leafs fans?

Theres nothing ugly about our flag, it represents us perfectly. Wheat field and mountains, basically what you think of when you think of Alberta.

Of course we're going to recognize England on the flag, the Commonwealth is the main reason for our existence. The settlement of Western Canada was one of England's biggest concerns. They saw it as a large amount of untapped potential that would provide their own settlers with plenty of living space while also providing England with another major food resource.

I won't comment on any flag, thats one thing you don't disrespect. It's the same as treating countries anthems with a little dignity.

I won't comment on any flag, thats one thing you don't disrespect. It's the same as treating countries anthems with a little dignity.

I think you're allowed to dis your own therefore....

The U.S. Flag to me is...

a vehicle of oppression

of terror

of wrong doing

something that should not be trusted

brash and unreasonable

stubborn

backwards

slow to adapt

lost in the clouds

too cocky for their own good

bad cop

bully

death and destruction

pain and suffering

tyrannical

Missouri flag

sad

pathetic

loser

we shot all the bears

more bears are on the flag then in the state

backwards

hick

not civilized

hopeless

best to get out before it consumes you

lala land

racist

I mock the U.S. anthem I sing a different version at sporting events or i don't stand up and act like nothing is happening talk on my cell phone or something. Bottom line its a flag people, we tend to make it into something bigger then what it is. Its just a flag, we act like its something more important when its not. Ask the 12 year old in Asia who made the materials.

They're only great to look at "oh that's a nice flag", we've become too militaristic with this rally around the flag, fight for the flag, die for the flag, the flag is not a human being or even a cause. how about fighting for the constitution. That's actually something to fight for, not a flag, its just die and cloth.

Anyway this thread is about colour, i still don't know what trizzak is saying.

dude thats our flag... you really want calgary fans hating you more than leafs fans?

If you want to hate me cuz of an ugly flag, be it. Anyway they are all ugly except the Nova Scotia one, the red one down there and maybe the New-Brunswick and the other one with trees.

Theres nothing ugly about our flag, it represents us perfectly. Wheat field and mountains, basically what you think of when you think of Alberta.

I know it represents the province perfectly, maybe even the most representative one. But still ugly to look. The prize for the ugliest remains Ontario, yark.

And about disrespect to a flag, :lol: 95% of the national flags in the world are UGLY!

1. Norway, Finland, Sweden and Danemark : absolutely no creativity.

2. France, Italy, Nigeria, Mali, Belgium, Cote d'Ivoire, Romania, etc : aka the 3 vertical bands :puke:

3. Lybia : ALL GREEN c'mon men do something there...

4. Macedonia : freaking hypies

5. my #1 top rated ugly flag goes to : St-Lucia for this amazing flag !

st-lucia.jpg

Yeah, and to people from those countries, they become a symbol of national identity. I'm not saying you can't think flags are ugly, I'm just saying it's best not to voice that opinion in such a public forum. It's all about being respectful towards other countries. It's why I don't hate on America the way most people I know do.

I guess you could say I'm being a hippie, haha. Peace and love, mahn! (Sorry Maca) *holds up the peace sign*

Pierre, your long and tired political rants in random threads are becoming increasingly unnecessary.

yeah i know. they always seem to come at late at night when I'm tired but can't sleep. lol

I actually like the Scandinavian countries flags. They're not "uncreative" its the Scandinavian cross which has been around for a very long time and denmark, sweden, norway, iceland all have the same flag more or less because they used to all be one country. Think of Canada's flag before the maple leaf.

So, any way to fix the colours on the boards?

What is this getting back on topic crap. Criminy. Who is this killjoy! Honestly, some people's boyfriends. TANYA, A LITTLE HELP HERE!

We were talking about flags and laundry (still mustard stains, I see).

The Canadian flag should either have blue bands as the pics in another thread show, or the Fleur de Lis inside the Maple Leaf. I understand Jets' talk about respect, but we kinda disrespect the Quebecois when we don't acknowledge that they're part of the country in our flag. They have a unique heritage, we should celebrate it, and not hide it in the cupboard. World, we're coming out!

As for the American flag, PTG, it's one of the most unique on the planet and at least has strong symbolism. Not that the tri-stripes don't, but the Amerk one is more original. As for its meaning? Well, you can argue that it means all the things you wrote, and you could do it successfully in a lot of cases.

But consider this: when the United States was born, it was a different entity than the bloated, corrupt country it's become. The Idea of the United States is something that I hope every person has the opportunity to feel. I don't particularly like the States right now, but the Idea? The Original Purpose? Most of what's there is pretty damned impressive. Manifest Destiny? Ridiculousness, but the ideals contained in the original Declarations?

PTG you have a very political mind, and there's nothing wrong with that. But you've become like many of the politicians you derail - you're negative and attacking. If you want to create change, you can't adopt the methods of others.

The Canadian flag should either have blue bands as the pics in another thread show, or the Fleur de Lis inside the Maple Leaf. I understand Jets' talk about respect, but we kinda disrespect the Quebecois when we don't acknowledge that they're part of the country in our flag. They have a unique heritage, we should celebrate it, and not hide it in the cupboard. World, we're coming out!

While I agree with you on that subject wholeheartedly Colin (you'll notice I mentioned that I think we should use that Duality flag Cataclaw introduced to me) many of the troglodytes in this province seem to have very little patience and an underlying hatred for the Quebecois (blindly, I might add) mostly stemming from the seperatism of the 90s. They still seem to think that ideal is widespread across the province and have a South Park attitude of "If you don't like this country then git out!". I try my best to actually inform them on the matter but I'm just one against the masses in Alberta.

I love this province and everything it has to offer but I also won't ignore the many, many flaws that come with it.

What is this getting back on topic crap. Criminy. Who is this killjoy! Honestly, some people's boyfriends. TANYA, A LITTLE HELP HERE!

We were talking about flags and laundry (still mustard stains, I see).

As for the American flag, PTG, it's one of the most unique on the planet and at least has strong symbolism. Not that the tri-stripes don't, but the Amerk one is more original. As for its meaning? Well, you can argue that it means all the things you wrote, and you could do it successfully in a lot of cases.

But consider this: when the United States was born, it was a different entity than the bloated, corrupt country it's become. The Idea of the United States is something that I hope every person has the opportunity to feel. I don't particularly like the States right now, but the Idea? The Original Purpose? Most of what's there is pretty damned impressive. Manifest Destiny? Ridiculousness, but the ideals contained in the original Declarations?

PTG you have a very political mind, and there's nothing wrong with that. But you've become like many of the politicians you derail - you're negative and attacking. If you want to create change, you can't adopt the methods of others.

Great post thanks colin, oh i completely understand about the u.s. it did used to mean something, but that's pretty much lost now. Its polarization, i still have it, every time a republican is on tv i get mad and shit. I had to mirror what the far right wing was doing in my community in order to survive. I was tired of being hunted so I became the hunter. Problem is that the survival instincts have corroded any sort of sane judgement when it comes to rational thought in north american politics. Its the same for the right wingers as well, they're just as lost as me. You've got Glenn Beck a conservative intellectual praising the California wildfires for burning in a part of the country that hates the U.S. People died in that fire and he was cheering the fire on. Saying go fire go defeat the evil liberals. North American politics has become a sick game. Where we praise hurricane Katrina for punishing the sick and twisted evil New Orleans people. Just shows you the truth about North American view point, we're just as sick and twisted as the people calling for the death of the United States in another continent.

• 3 weeks later...