Shake up? Call up? Who will it be?

SAKS-AVENUE

Tsn reported Carbo saying

''We haven't been on top of our game for the last seven or eight games,'' added Carbonneau.

If the team doesn't start winning soon, they may call players up from their AHL team in Hamilton, he added.

We all know we've hit a little pitfall, and we know trades are not going to happen anytime soon. We all brag about the depth of this team so who's it going to be?

Last year at this time Laps was brought up and he kicked ass only to be demoted for political reasons. I would like to see him come up again. We need a player with his offense, size, aggressiveness and cocky atittude. The one problem I'm concerned with, I don't think Kovalev likes that kid at all.

Would bringing Laps up destroy what Kovalev is doing? I know we can cry professionalism here but that's one trait Kovalev does not have.

Lever says LiL #### isn't ready, and even though it's unfair to judge Grabs witout giving him at least 5 or 6 games in a row he just seems too fluffy and plays too small to be a threat in the NHL.

What do you guys think?

Dissolve the franchise or relocate it to Portland. Otherwise, there's no saving this team.

lmao :clap:

On a serious, non sarcastical note: I'd bring up Lappy and put him on a line with Grabs and Kostitsyn - or whatever. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ryan O'Byrne take either of Streit, Bouillon, or Brisebois' spot on D.

lmao :clap:

On a serious, non sarcastical note: I'd bring up Lappy and put him on a line with Grabs and Kostitsyn - or whatever. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ryan O'Byrne take either of Streit, Bouillon, or Brisebois' spot on D.

I'd like to see a Laps and Grabs #### line... for more than the awesome name.... :D I think Maxim could create some space for the 2 Belarussians.

I think pairing Streit with O'Byrne would be a decent combination.

I'd like to see a Laps and Grabs #### line... for more than the awesome name.... :D I think Maxim could create some space for the 2 Belarussians.

I think pairing Streit with O'Byrne would be a decent combination.

I don't care much for lapierre/Grabovsky/Kostitsyn, but I think Streit/O'Byrne could work.

O'Byrne and Lapierre both belong in the NHL. In reality, it's Grabovski who should be on the farm but he's working hard, so I don't think Carbonneau will want to punish him. O'Byrne could take Brisebois' spot on the second pairing while the Breezer is demoted to the third pairing with Streit (if he's playing defence) or the alternating tandem of Bouillon/Gorges. Lapierre could work on one of the lower lines to infuse energy, but we would have to scratch Kostopoulos, who's also working and ought not to be punished.

What I would do is this: I would keep the lines similar to what they were last night except I would call up O'Byrne and Lapierre somewhere down the line and bench Bouillon and Ryder.

Streit-Koivu-Lapierre

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev

Latendresse-Chipchura-Dandenault

Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Smolinski

Begin, Kostopoulos (sorry guys, you deserve better but we want the four offensive lines), Ryder

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-O'Byrne

Gorges-Brisebois

Bouillon

Price

Huet

That would be giving icetime to the guys who deserve it. If we really want the Begin and Kostopoulos to play, we would have Begin on Koivu's left, Kostopoulos on Grabovski's right, Streit on defence and Smoke in the pressbox. Before we make those call ups we should make sure that we have open spots (like Ryder's) to give them.

I don't think Grabs or bouillon have any place on this team, send grabs to the minors and trade buillon for a draft pick or something

Call up laps and o'byrne and let them play, maybe having to fight for you spot in the lineup will smarten a few people up

All I know is that i never want to see Smolinski again. So far in the season, Gorges earn 2 points to the team, Kostopoulos also, and yesterday Smolinski for his USELESS penality at the end (well Huet opened the door but could have saved this one without the freakin 6 on 4 cuz of Smoke).

Last year at this time Laps was brought up and he kicked ass only to be demoted for political reasons. I would like to see him come up again. We need a player with his offense, size, aggressiveness and cocky atittude. The one problem I'm concerned with, I don't think Kovalev likes that kid at all.

Would bringing Laps up destroy what Kovalev is doing? I know we can cry professionalism here but that's one trait Kovalev does not have.

Do other people share this opinion that Kovalev doesn't like Lapierre? Is this based on anything other than the comments he made to the Russian media about francophone stars?

Lapierre does deserve a spot on this team, much more than freakin Smolinski. Damn that no trade clause. I'd like to see O'byrne as well, but being a rookie he would likely be a defensive liability, and we have enough of those.

Do other people share this opinion that Kovalev doesn't like Lapierre? Is this based on anything other than the comments he made to the Russian media about francophone stars?

Lapierre does deserve a spot on this team, much more than freakin Smolinski. Damn that no trade clause. I'd like to see O'byrne as well, but being a rookie he would likely be a defensive liability, and we have enough of those.

That's why I was putting it out there. My Laps vs Kovalev comments are assumptions from last years Kovalev comments. I would like to see him up. He would give the team a livliness they have been lacking.

Ya Smoke blows!

My question is who gets sent down?

We can't call up players when we have 2 in the pressbox every night. If we send Grabovski down then who sits? Smoke? I doubt it. Bouillon and Gorges so Obyrne can play? I doubt it. Begin? Kostopolous? Will replacing either of them with Laps be the answer? I doubt it. Ryder? Maybe for a game but do you think Carbo would sit him long term like Grabovski sits now? I doubt it.

We have a log jam of third and fourth line guys. Will adding more fix our problems?

Trade some of them away for #!@!@$% sakes.

We can't call up players when we have 2 in the pressbox every night. If we send Grabovski down then who sits? Smoke? I doubt it. Bouillon and Gorges so Obyrne can play? I doubt it. Begin? Kostopolous? Will replacing either of them with Laps be the answer? I doubt it. Ryder? Maybe for a game but do you think Carbo would sit him long term like Grabovski sits now? I doubt it.

We have a log jam of third and fourth line guys. Will adding more fix our problems?

That's exactly it.

We have waay too many guys for 3 positions.

Move em out. At worts they can play as bad as the "Vets" are now...but they are younger and have more upside. (cheaper too)

Grabs would be the 1st to send down I think, we need chunky ,meaty, spirit at the moment not feather like finesse. If we bring O' byrne up who cares who sits at this point as long as we win. If Markov is really hurting we should give him a week off. Put him on reserve and save a week in cap space. Ryder can sit untill the new year as far as I'm concerned, he should take one for the team and cry Vertigo. Come back in the new year after a re-conditioning stint in the minors. There are many creative ways to bring in reserves.

Last year Laps was sent down because he didnt have to go through waivers unlike any other guy the Habs could have sent down. I dont know where the Kovalev thing comes from. There's nothing there.

Habs won't send Grabs down, because if they do so Grabs most likely will not report to Hamilton and go back to Russia instead. He could earn millions in Russia; so Habs will give him all the chances they can to show his stuff in the NHL before.

I don't care if we can't trade smoke because of his NTC. Bench him indefinitely. If we really really want to get rid of him, waive him.

I think we need to call up O'byrne and Lappy as well, or at least O'byrne.

It would be unwise to treat Smolinski like that. Gainey is all about ethics and when you sign a 36 year old to a 1 year contract and promise him some job security with a no-trade clause, it'll look really bad if you put him permanently in the pressbox two months into the season. Especially after what happened with Samsonov last season, but that was acceptable because Sammy demanded a trade.

Smolinski is our fourth line centre. Has he been performing like a fourth line centre should? Probably around there. I think the expectations were a bit too high for this guy as we were expecting a Bonk replacement. Chipchura is the Bonk replacement, Smolinski is the Lapierre replacement. Hopefully, we can get Lapierre back up here soon but we just have too many players.

I'm almost hoping for injuries.