Bouillon signs 2 year deal

GoHabs2002

No word on whether it's a 2-way deal... which is kind of an important detail don't ya think? ;)

He had said he wouldn't sign another 2-way deal so I'm assuming it's not for the moment.

So hopefully that means Traverse & Dykhuis's days are numbered.

On the down side with Markov, Souray, Bouillon.... what happens to Hainsey & Beauchemin?

And if we trade Breezer for another D, that leaves "new D", Rivet, Komi on the right side.... and Quintal would play left like last year, even less room for Hainsey & Beauchemin.

I know Souray is still a "maybe" at this point... but AS better clear the deadwood soon cuz we're heading for another overload situation.

It better be a 2-way deal , or I'll be pissed. Whats the point of giving Bouillon a one-way contract when we've got enough guys on the team who we cant get rid of anyways?

And IF it is a one-way contract he better not be getting paid much and he better be used as the 7th defenseman.

BTW Habs77 : Instead of getting a replacment RD for Brisebois the Habs might just leave Quintal on the RD ... It would leave us without a RD point-man/QB but it would solve some numbers problems...

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Quintal

Dykhuis/Bouillon/Beauchemin/?? - Komisarek

ugh.... I pray that Hainsey makes the team out of camp , its okay when d-men make mistakes ONLY if they are rookie mistakes :)

Bouillion staying wasn't a bad idea...

As of right now...

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Quintal

???-Komi

Could be Hainsey... or Boullion... maybe they will each play 40 games each as a 6th Dman... With the signing of Boullion it means we'll either Trade Brisebois in a 2 for 1 for another forward... or for a pick... or something like that. Brisebois won't be tarded for another Dman... unless Souray can't come back for next year.

Actually Bouillon does have talent, not Markov level, but still he has more talent than Dykhuis & Traverse combined & multiplied by 10.

He has NHL level toughness - he's the best bodychecker on the team, and fought Domi to a draw twice -, and NHL level speed... the way he carries the puck out of the zone is simply a joy to watch.

And he uses his speed to support the rush at times, and he'll score when he gets his chances... he's scored some very pretty goals, I wish a few of our forwards had his ability (hello Kilger, although Kilger would also need his heart & grit).

His eternal problem is size, has trouble handling the big men in the front of the net... and sometimes when the opposition applies good pressure he can get overwhelmed.

He's a great #7 D man... and a very cheap insurance policy at 500k when he'll have a 1 way contract in 04-05.

Dykhuis will make 1.6M next year, & 1.7M in 04-05, and he's not half the D-man Bouillon is... another brilliant signing by AS btw.

Even Traverse will make 950k, twice what Bouillon will make in 2 years... and again he's not one 10th the player.

I know that we have Hainsey & Beauchemin coming up on the left side.. but who know if Savard intends on trading one of them, & Souray is a big question mark with his bad wrist, so Bouillon provides a nice cheap safety net... I agree with the move.