Game Thread | Red Wings vs. Canadiens | 12/04/07

Spider-Man NL

A vote of confidence? You all seem to have previous decades of statistics. When the good old Habs are in a slide it's always common for our boys to beat-up on the top teams and lose to the shit teams just to add to our frustrations.

Well, I don't think we need to worry about a loss until Dec 15th. I'm expecting a nice little run here which we need before the Christmas break.

Besides, young Carey Price is about to embark on his first little stint as our starter. It's actually kind of fitting, we can finally close the door on that dreadful night vs Detroit where Patrick Roy bailed on Montreal and his fans because of his ego.

Here is to a new beginning boys!!!!!!! and "BREAKING OLD SUPERSTITIONS!!!!!!!!!!"

"Carey Price with the shut-out tonight!"

Easy everyone. PLEASE NO HEAT! I know exactly what I did and I don't want to hear about it.

It is not smart to tempt the hockey gods :angry:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A vote of confidence? You all seem to have previous decades of statistics. When the good old Habs are in a slide it's always common for our boys to beat-up on the top teams and lose to the shit teams just to add to our frustrations.

Well, I don't think we need to worry about a loss until Dec 15th. I'm expecting a nice little run here which we need before the Christmas break.

Besides, young Carey Price is about to embark on his first little stint as our starter. It's actually kind of fitting, we can finally close the door on that dreadful night vs Detroit where Patrick Roy bailed on Montreal and his fans because of his ego.

Here is to a new beginning boys!!!!!!! and "BREAKING OLD SUPERSTITIONS!!!!!!!!!!"

Easy everyone. PLEASE NO HEAT! I know exactly what I did and I don't want to hear about it.

Consider this a cold stare then....

It's a reverse/reverse jinx. So I am OK with it. Everybody expects us to lose, so you throw out a scenario that everybody believes is not going to happen in hopes that it does happen. Genius :clap:

Edited by Wamsley01

I saw Detroit play Vancouver in GM Place a few weeks back. Hoo boy, they are an outstanding team - probably the best team I've ever seen live. Their puck movement is phenomenal: short, crisp passes always moving forward, punctuated by opccasional spectacular plays by Zetterberg et al. The only weakness I could detect was that their blueline seemed slightly vulnerable to an aggressive forecheck. The Habs do have it in them to play that type of hard-forechecking game, but I'd be more worried about how our blueline stands up to the relentless speed and creativity of the Wings.

The good news is that a win against a genuine quality team like that might be a real boost to the collective confidence, helping to correct the mental fragility that Huet identified as the team's problem. Players with shaky confidence can build on a win like that. But first, you have to actually win (*fingers crossed*)

Our only hope is that Detroit comes in and underestimates the habs.... (I don't think Carey Price can win this on his own)

If we play a good defensive game in front of Price and take a lot of shots on Hasek we'll be fine. Huet might have said we are fragile between the ears but I think Hasek is even worse. Plus he hasn't started in almost 2 weeks. Just lob pucks towards him, no need to look for pretty plays . Carey will do the rest.

If we play a good defensive game in front of Price and take a lot of shots on Hasek we'll be fine. Huet might have said we are fragile between the ears but I think Hasek is even worse. Plus he hasn't started in almost 2 weeks. Just lob pucks towards him, no need to look for pretty plays . Carey will do the rest.

I was at the skate this morning and the Wings and Hasek looked very very impressive.

GO HABS GO. Piss on the gods. they have been jerking us around all year. Lets go and take this game away from them. Maybe we can be the team that finishes off Hasek's career by scoring 6 or 7 goals. Carrie will carry the mail and we will win. :lol: :ghg: :ghg:

LA LA LA LA I CAN"T HEAR YOU!

istockphoto_483232_i_can_t_hear_you.jpg

Haha I love it....this is a big up yours to the hockey gods!

Habs win 3-0.

GO HABS GO. Piss on the gods. they have been jerking us around all year. Lets go and take this game away from them. Maybe we can be the team that finishes off Hasek's career by scoring 6 or 7 goals. Carrie will carry the mail and we will win. :lol: :ghg: :ghg:

Wow! Love the optimism, but I fear you guys are gonna be getting a lot of anger if (and i suspect when) we lose.

According to the Gazette, there is a chance Michael Ryder will be a healthy scratch tonight.

"Carbonneau continued to tinker with his lines and there was an indication that the struggling Michael Ryder will be a healthy scratch tonight. Ryder, who lost an edge and slammed into the boards during practice, shared a spot with Bryan Smolinski in practice.

"There are things he's doing this year that he didn't do last year," Carbonneau said when asked about Ryder. "He doesn't turn the puck over as much; he works harder on the boards. But he doesn't score goals. I wish he would do all those things - work hard, don't make mistakes and score goals."

Here is the full story.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...;k=5849&p=1

Can somone explain why Kostopolis isn't dressed? I know the Wings have speed, but come on - benching one of the hardest working, grittiest guys on the team is hardly the way to work yourself out of a slump. Sometimes Guy's moves seem like random desperation.

After a loss there is so much anger on these boards regardless . So who cares.

What? Who? Us? No way? We are all so calm and cool after a loss around here. How could you paint us that way? :lol:

What? Who? Us? No way? We are all so calm and cool after a loss around here. How could you paint us that way? :lol:

I allways get mad when we lose, but then I listen to some satanic black metal and suddenly it feels like my problems arent that bad after all.

you know what i dont mind changing the lines up, but shouldnt we leave them together for a couple of games to see how they work out...i like the lines last game, and i know we fell apart at the end but huet was hurt.. i realy dont think changing the lines every night and hoping it work is going to bring the team together. right now it looks like the coach dont believe in anyone and just hoping it work out and makes him look great. sometimes you got to have faith in your players and let them play it out their self..you got to Build some team spirit