Game Thread | Red Wings vs. Canadiens | 12/04/07

Spider-Man NL

I'm sure he's not clueless. But it's hard to agree with statements like "Koivu sucks" and "Koivu cant make a pass". I'm frustrated too, but why post nonsense?

Well, you do make a good point, i'll give you that.

Great recap!

Edited by Cataclaw

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but in the past 2-3 weeks or so, Koivu has sucked the Big One. He's generating zero offense.

Can't even use the excuse of changing linemates because on the PP it's Higgins and Ryder who usually accompany him on the ice and nothing ever happens unless Higgins does all the work.

For a guy who's supposed to be a playmaking center, ie. a guy that creates offense by carrying the puck and setting his teammates up, he's been completely inefficient. Unless Higgins does all the work and put the puck in the net by himself, no goals are happening for the Habs when Koivu is on the ice.

Hey call me harsh if you want. Truth is harsh.

I'm tired of fans defending players because they're nice guys off the ice. Saku's a Hell of an inspiration outside of hockey, but Ribeiro's a point per game player and +6 for 2.8M$ in Dallas right now and Plex has just as much pts as Saku while playing behind him in the depth chart...

Catch my drift?

I'm sorry, but in the past 2-3 weeks or so, Koivu has sucked the Big One. He's generating zero offense.

Can't even use the excuse of changing linemates because on the PP it's Higgins and Ryder who usually accompany him on the ice and nothing ever happens unless Higgins does all the work.

For a guy who's supposed to be a playmaking centre, ie. a guy that creates offense by carrying the puck and setting his teammates up, he's been completely inefficient. Unless Higgins does all the work and put the puck in the net by himself, no goals are happening for the Habs when Koivu is on the ice.

I'm tired of fans defending players because they're nice guys off the ice. Saku's a Hell of an inspiration outside of hockey, but Ribeiro's a point per game player and +6 for 2.8M$ in Dallas right now and Plex has just as much pts as Saku while playing behind him in the depth chart...

Catch my drift?

Bring back The Franchise. Our Saviour.

For a guy who's supposed to be a playmaking centre, ie. a guy that creates offense by carrying the puck and setting his teammates up, he's been completely inefficient. Unless Higgins does all the work and put the puck in the net by himself, no goals are happening for the Habs when Koivu is on the ice.

Catch my drift?

I think I do catch your drift........... is this what you're doing right now?

HeadUpAss-Naked.jpg

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

I think I do catch your drift........... is this what you're doing right now?

HeadUpAss-Naked.jpg

Replace the ass with sand and that's what lots of Koivu fans are doing right now.

Jeez, do you light candles and pray to a little Saku statue put up on a little Koivu shrine in the corner of your room. You're reacting as if I was drawing cartoons of Mahomet here.

Saku's flat. He's going through another one of his prolonged slump for a 3rd year now. Open your eyes and deal with it.

Catch my drift?

Well, he created our only goal last night. I know he hasnt been 100% and we are worse off for it, but you exagerrate his slump. He still makes plays and creates chances.....and who in the hell has been there to capitalize in the last 10 years?? Nobody. It's disgraceful.

We also suffer when Kovy and Markov slump, but they dont get shit on half as much.

Catch my drift?

You are starting to sound like me, only I have said it for 2 years, love the guy, but.....

However, his trade value doesn't equal his value as a centre, but make it 3rd or 4th. Now we need a 2nd line centre as Pleks line becomes our top. Back to that issue again.

Nobody's gonna do crap all on lines with Ryder and Streit.

the thing you got to look at is no matter who you put on the first line with Higgin and Koivu, their not playing any better and their running out of scapegoats...so you cant blame ryder,striet, Kovy,Smolinski,Latendresse,Kostopoulos for the first line..

Edited by KEEP26

the thing you got to look at is no matter who you put on the first line with Higgin and Koivu, their not playing any better and their running out of scapegoats...so you can blame ryder,striet, Kovy,Smolinski,Latendresse,Kostopoulos for the first line..

Yes, but he really hasnt played with Kovy, and none of the rest are goal scorers.

Bring back The Franchise. Our Saviour.

Don't forget Pierre Dagenais. He'd totally have more goals than Michael Ryder right now, and the guy never misses in shoot-out either!

:hockey:

Yes, but he really hasnt played with Kovy, and none of the rest are goal scorers.

True. I know I said in another thread to put lats back on the first with Higgins and Koivu, but it's because I've actually *forgotten* about the possibility of playing Kovy and Koivu together since for whatever reason, the coach refuses to try it. I think maybe they would both like playing with someone equally talented. I know Carbo likes to spread out the offense, but we don't HAVE any offense right now with it spread out. So, how about....

Kovy Koivu Lats (or ryder if they want to give him another shot, but lats has been playing better and deserves the reward)

Higgins Plex Kosty (best line of last season when they were played together)

and whoever's left on the last two lines, with Smoke on the bench.

True. I know I said in another thread to put lats back on the first with Higgins and Koivu, but it's because I've actually *forgotten* about the possibility of playing Kovy and Koivu together since for whatever reason, the coach refuses to try it. I think maybe they would both like playing with someone equally talented. I know Carbo likes to spread out the offense, but we don't HAVE any offense right now with it spread out. So, how about....

Kovy Koivu Lats (or ryder if they want to give him another shot, but lats has been playing better and deserves the reward)

Higgins Plex Kosty (best line of last season when they were played together)

and whoever's left on the last two lines, with Smoke on the bench.

Totally agree

When Kovalev first got here Ryder/Koivu/Kovalev was dominant, or was it Zednik? Even when they tossed Perezhogin with them they were good to start the next season. And I have been dying to see them reunite Higgins/Pleks/Kosty.

Edited by Wamsley01

Totally agree

When Kovalev first got here Ryder/Koivu/Kovalev was dominant, or was it Zednik? Even when they tossed Perezhogin with them they were good to start the next season. And I have been dying to see them reunite Higgins/Pleks/Kosty.

Makes you wonder when Carbo's gonna try them together and just LEAVE them together for a few games. it can't be worse than this. I know he wants instant results but sometimes he just baffles me. Certain patience for somethings that NEVER work (smolinski) or are consistently mediocre (boo) and then when something seems to be working, he takes it apart (the plex Higgins Kosty line from last year didn't even get a chance this year with every other line combo under the sun being tried. Neither has Kovy / Koivu, and lats played well with Sak and Chris, but is moved right back down to the third...)

Makes you wonder when Carbo's gonna try them together and just LEAVE them together for a few games. it can't be worse than this. I know he wants instant results but sometimes he just baffles me. Certain patience for somethings that NEVER work (smolinski) or are consistently mediocre (boo) and then when something seems to be working, he takes it apart (the plex Higgins Kosty line from last year didn't even get a chance this year with every other line combo under the sun being tried. Neither has Kovy / Koivu, and lats played well with Sak and Chris, but is moved right back down to the third...)

I never get that either. He gave Ryder 20 games, Samsonov 45 games, Smoke 25 games and Lats plays 1 on the top line, scores and is demoted.

I'm MAD about Carbo calling out Markov too, and refusing to admit he's injured. The guy hasn't been playing well, but he's playing hurt and showing a lot of heart for it. If you're not gonna explicitly admit he's hurt, at least don't publicly rip him and deny he's hurt. Or say he's got his head focussed on the all-stars. Not the way to reward your best D who stayed here when he could have bolted in the off-season. If I'm Markov, I'm mad at Carbo now.