Recchi on Waivers

alexstream

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, to be honest, I would give him a shot.

I know he's not the player he once was, but he could be useful and better than Ryder on the PP. And if not, then so what? He could always be waived again.

But, I don't expect Gainey will give him a chance

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224607&hubname=nhl

Recchi is now on re-entry waivers, I'll be absolutely shocked if nobody picks him up. Half of 1.75 million, minus over 1/4th of the season gone by. That's less than 700,000 over the course of the rest of the season. Teams would be nuts not to take him over some bum 4th liner at that price. He certainly has enough left in the tank for 4th line and PP duty, 8-12 minutes a game.

:clap:

Thrashers used to be one of my second favourite teams when Heatley was playing there; this gives me a new reason to cheer them on.

Here's hoping Recchi can earn a regular role there, be it forth liner or first liner.

Thrashers used to be one of my second favourite teams when Heatley was playing there; this gives me a new reason to cheer them on.

that ganja really go to your head !!!

of course waddell's trying to save his arse and recchi could help him getting in the playoffs

Edited by marky_and_komi

He could be a useful vet on certain teams, look what Mellanby did for the thrashers, helps a bit id say, recchi will do the same

well I guess now we will see if all the experts who figured he has nothing left are right. I think the thrashers are going to be very happy to have him at 600 k